Board Logo
« Declining Activity. »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 21st, 2018, 10:03pm


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Declining Activity.  (Read 3353 times)
proginrev
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 347
xx Declining Activity.
« Thread started on: Jul 13th, 2016, 08:24am »

Have noticed over the past few weeks that there has been a decline in the activity on these pages. Seems to have happened to a few of the Message Boards I am a part of. Just wondered if this is losing it's appeal. The only page that keeps turning is the 'what am I currently listening to' page. What are people's thoughts on this? Has everyone together decided to stop talking and I didn't know about it? huh
User IP Logged

onetwothree
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2384
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 08:51am »

I'm still here, but I'm also wondering why there's been less activity.
User IP Logged

The best apology you can give for how you've lived your life in the past is to change it completely.
-- Douglas Armstrong
slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4611
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 09:28am »

I am still around, but a bit busy with other things at the moment, so I didn`post much recently.

And I guess, a lot of people are off for their summer holidays to Clacton Upon Sea.
User IP Logged

Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11259
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 09:29am »

on Jul 13th, 2016, 08:24am, proginrev wrote:
Have noticed over the past few weeks that there has been a decline in the activity on these pages. Seems to have happened to a few of the Message Boards I am a part of. Just wondered if this is losing it's appeal. The only page that keeps turning is the 'what am I currently listening to' page. What are people's thoughts on this? Has everyone together decided to stop talking and I didn't know about it? huh


Another thread which is active a lot is the weather thread!... I suppose it's up to us to reply to a lot more posts as more people will reply!... Another reason also is the summer period, as most will be outdoors or on holiday!..
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5134
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 11:27am »

The activity level does tend to rise and fall like the tide, and I guess the weather and other attractions (Sport etc) will make it do so. We had a quiet period a while back, it recovered, and will again, I'm sure.
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19639
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 1:34pm »

on Jul 13th, 2016, 09:28am, slowdancer wrote:
I am still around, but a bit busy with other things at the moment, so I didn`post much recently.

And I guess, a lot of people are off for their summer holidays to Clacton Upon Sea.


How did you know I was going there? (Gasp) grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19639
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13th, 2016, 1:35pm »

on Jul 13th, 2016, 09:29am, Noni wrote:
Another thread which is active a lot is the weather thread!... I suppose it's up to us to reply to a lot more posts as more people will reply!... Another reason also is the summer period, as most will be outdoors or on holiday!..


Yep, I tend to post a lot in the weather thread at the moment. I usually find it's the safest place to post if I'm unsure whether to post or not! grin
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14191
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 07:27am »

The main issue is that there's barely anything left to talk about anymore. I don't post much now, and if do post, most of the time it's the album I'm listening to. undecided

I can completely understand if people are feeling like the forum is now boring. I've definitely felt less at home here then usual over the past few months. Nobody's to blame for this, it's just that we're at the end of our road. We're finished. We've discussed almost everything and several users have left because of that. The chance of Genesis reforming is microscopic as well, and raving about the greatness of their music feels rather pointless now, because we know that they're the best (or at least one of the best) bands to grace this planet. That's obvious.

I'll never leave the forum but I'm rarely posting nowadays. It's a shame, but I knew it would happen. undecided
User IP Logged

slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4611
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 07:31am »

on Jul 14th, 2016, 07:27am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
The main issue is that there's barely anything left to talk about anymore. I don't post much now, and if do post, most of the time it's the album I'm listening to. undecided

I can completely understand if people are feeling like the forum is now boring. I've definitely felt less at home here then usual over the past few months. Nobody's to blame for this, it's just that we're at the end of our road. We're finished. We've discussed almost everything and several users have left because of that. The chance of Genesis reforming is microscopic as well, and raving about the greatness of their music feels rather pointless now, because we know that they're the best (or at least one of the best) bands to grace this planet. That's obvious.

I'll never leave the forum but I'm rarely posting nowadays. It's a shame, but I knew it would happen. undecided


We had a similar discussion around two years ago, when Down And Out left. And the forum is still there...
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5134
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #9 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 07:40am »

on Jul 14th, 2016, 07:27am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
The main issue is that there's barely anything left to talk about anymore. I don't post much now, and if do post, most of the time it's the album I'm listening to. undecided

I can completely understand if people are feeling like the forum is now boring. I've definitely felt less at home here then usual over the past few months. Nobody's to blame for this, it's just that we're at the end of our road. We're finished. We've discussed almost everything and several users have left because of that. The chance of Genesis reforming is microscopic as well, and raving about the greatness of their music feels rather pointless now, because we know that they're the best (or at least one of the best) bands to grace this planet. That's obvious.

I'll never leave the forum but I'm rarely posting nowadays. It's a shame, but I knew it would happen. undecided


I'm aware of the phenomenon, been in a similar situation on a Radio collectors / short Wave listeners forum, the internet killed SW, so, as you say, we ended up rehashing old talk, until it died. However, here we have other things, eg/ solo members stuff, which is an ongoing thing. Easier for Steve Hackett fans, of course! wink
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11259
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 10:36am »

on Jul 14th, 2016, 07:31am, slowdancer wrote:
We had a similar discussion around two years ago, when Down And Out left. And the forum is still there...


I was sad that Down and Out left us. He made this forum alive with regular new threads. He was one ex-member that would often reply to your posts whether it was good or bad, but at least he made an effort. He often gave credit when it was due and not often to the same forumers.
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4764
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 5:33pm »

on Jul 14th, 2016, 07:27am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
The main issue is that there's barely anything left to talk about anymore. I don't post much now, and if do post, most of the time it's the album I'm listening to. undecided

I can completely understand if people are feeling like the forum is now boring. I've definitely felt less at home here then usual over the past few months. Nobody's to blame for this, it's just that we're at the end of our road. We're finished. We've discussed almost everything and several users have left because of that. The chance of Genesis reforming is microscopic as well, and raving about the greatness of their music feels rather pointless now, because we know that they're the best (or at least one of the best) bands to grace this planet. That's obvious.

I'll never leave the forum but I'm rarely posting nowadays. It's a shame, but I knew it would happen. undecided


Please. rolleyes You have said this sooo many times, pretty much since you registered here.
User IP Logged

FeelItComing
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1339
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #12 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 6:51pm »

As a fairly new member I wouldn't mind if people started raving about the music, so I can share my thoughts. I did post in a couple of topics when I heard some tracks I didn't know. I have been reluctant to ask questions or give too many opinions for fear of being seen as naive because I don't have the knowledge base. I certainly don't want to rehash topics the rest of you feel have been done to death, but I joined because Genesis for whatever reason became very important to me last year & I wanted to share my appreciation.
User IP Logged

User Image
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11259
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #13 on: Jul 14th, 2016, 9:22pm »

on Jul 14th, 2016, 6:51pm, FeelItComing wrote:
As a fairly new member I wouldn't mind if people started raving about the music, so I can share my thoughts. I did post in a couple of topics when I heard some tracks I didn't know. I have been reluctant to ask questions or give too many opinions for fear of being seen as naive because I don't have the knowledge base. I certainly don't want to rehash topics the rest of you feel have been done to death, but I joined because Genesis for whatever reason became very important to me last year & I wanted to share my appreciation.


Feel free to have your opinion and question, I'm sure one of us will answer or comment. smiley
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
proginrev
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 347
xx Re: Declining Activity.
« Reply #14 on: Jul 15th, 2016, 04:56am »

Thanks for the replies. There are a few peeps about still then. Just found it strange that conversation just seemed to dry up a bit all at once. Been here a few years now and never noticed it before. But have seen a couple of other message boards go the same way way. One is now closed, the other may have only a few messages each month. Wonder if the message boards will soon be a thing of the past? Be interesting to see. Whatever I have to say although I am not the chattiest of people I have, and still am, enjoying the journey of discussion.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls