Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:22pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 4736 times)
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #840 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 1:34pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 1:06pm, demolition man wrote:
Humanizzimo: From which album please huh


"The Flower King" by Roine Stolt

An absolutely ESSENTIAL purchase demo man. It is fantastic!

User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13448
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #841 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 1:53pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 1:34pm, Nov wrote:
"The Flower King" by Roine Stolt

An absolutely ESSENTIAL purchase demo man. It is fantastic!



Thanks mate.

I've gotta tell yer that I am so impressed with this song. It's on Meet The Flower Kings and I have to say that the dvd is fantastic throughout. All the songs on the second dvd are really outstanding. And the musicianship is something to behold.

I was only yesterday listening to Stolts' Wall Street Voodoo and also Hydrophonia. They are excellent too!

So now I need to log into play.com again grin

Cheers
Col.
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #842 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 4:33pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 1:53pm, demolition man wrote:
I've gotta tell yer that I am so impressed with this song. It's on Meet The Flower Kings and I have to say that the dvd is fantastic throughout. All the songs on the second dvd are really outstanding. And the musicianship is something to behold.


I first saw TFK on the UTF tour and they actually played "Humanizzimo" but I didn't know it at the time. Still sounded great though.


Quote:
I was only yesterday listening to Stolts' Wall Street Voodoo and also Hydrophonia. They are excellent too!


And how different are those two albums, eh? shocked

The guy is a genius


Quote:
So now I need to log into play.com again


Definitely wink

« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2007, 4:33pm by Nov » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #843 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 4:59pm »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 1:53pm, demolition man wrote:
Thanks mate.

I've gotta tell yer that I am so impressed with this song. It's on Meet The Flower Kings and I have to say that the dvd is fantastic throughout. All the songs on the second dvd are really outstanding. And the musicianship is something to behold.
I was only yesterday listening to Stolts' Wall Street Voodoo and also Hydrophonia. They are excellent too!

So now I need to log into play.com again grin

Cheers
Col.


I totally agree Colin! Amazing dvd. Amazing performances. Both discs I find equally brilliant. I can't even pick out a favourite track as I love them all.
I do have a soft spot for Circus Brimstone though. I think it's quite astonishing the way they start it off as basically a series of unrelated sounds, and then build it up and push it together until the actual tune explodes out of them.
This band are so talented that they could quite easily produce a studio album of all instrumental music, and it would sound superb.
I would love to get the Brimstoned In Europe cd one day. That is the cd from the tour where Roine, Jonas, Zoltan & Tomas performed under the name of Circus Brimstone, playing just instrumental FK music.
I think it's more like an official bootleg, and it seems to be quite hard to get hold of. But I'd like to get it.

As for Hydrophonia and Wallstreet Voodoo, though both are very different, both are excellent in their own way.
You have good taste Colin! wink
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #844 on: Jun 25th, 2007, 01:38am »

on Jun 24th, 2007, 4:59pm, Chessman wrote:
This band are so talented that they could quite easily produce a studio album of all instrumental music, and it would sound superb.


That would be excellent. In fact, Roine is working on an instrumental album at the moment - well he has so much spare time doesn't he? rolleyes grin


Quote:
I would love to get the Brimstoned In Europe cd one day. That is the cd from the tour where Roine, Jonas, Zoltan & Tomas performed under the name of Circus Brimstone, playing just instrumental FK music.



I saw them at The Borderline in London on that tour. What a fantastic gig that was. They played "Circus Brimstone", "The Magic Circus of Zeb", "Retropolis" (amongst others) and some of Tomas's solo stuff. Brilliant.

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #845 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 4:59pm »

That's something I really like about Roine. He is always on the go, always got a few projects lined up to work on at the same time, yet he seems to really enjoy it all. It never appears to be a burden, or an onerous task.
I think the man genuinely loves his work, and he obviously makes a living from it. So he is really in an enviable position.
It makes one really excited to think what he may come up with in the future.
I also think, maybe to a slightly lesser extent, the above applies to Tomas too.
Great musicians, great band - great scott, is that the time? grin
Night all!
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #846 on: Jun 26th, 2007, 5:18pm »

The kids stressed the f*** out of me tonight angry embarassed cry

Solution?

A beer and Humanizzimo from "Meet The Flower Kings"

I'm not stressed anymore smiley

Simply incredible performance.



« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2007, 5:18pm by Nov » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #847 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 10:18am »

on Jun 26th, 2007, 5:18pm, Nov wrote:
The kids stressed the f*** out of me tonight angry embarassed cry

Solution?

A beer and Humanizzimo from "Meet The Flower Kings"

I'm not stressed anymore smiley

Simply incredible performance.




Great solution, Nov. However, don't you have a cellar like me? If so, that will soon sort out the kids!
grin

Seriously, how old are they? Names? Sex? I don't know that much about you really, apart from the fact you don't like good music, such as Genesis, Steely Dan, TFK, Camel, 10cc etc..... wink
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #848 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 6:42pm »

on Jun 27th, 2007, 10:18am, Chessman wrote:
Seriously, how old are they? Names? Sex? I don't know that much about you really, apart from the fact you don't like good music, such as Genesis, Steely Dan, TFK, Camel, 10cc etc..... wink


OK Carl,

Jenny is nearly 11 and Tim is nearly 9 and they are great but also the reason I am nearly grey (but not follicly challenged!).

Parenthood is absolutely the hardest thing and the biggest challenge that there is in life.

wink

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #849 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 6:58pm »

on Jun 27th, 2007, 6:42pm, Nov wrote:
OK Carl,

Jenny is nearly 11 and Tim is nearly 9 and they are great but also the reason I am nearly grey (but not follicly challenged!).

Parenthood is absolutely the hardest thing and the biggest challenge that there is in life.

wink



And, (turning the spotlight again upon my willing prisoner), what sort of music do they like? And can't you replace it with TFK? grin

I must just add here that Jenny is my favourite name for a girl, and if we had had a daughter, that is what she was going to be called. An excellent choice, sir! smiley
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #850 on: Jun 27th, 2007, 7:24pm »

User Image
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #851 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 03:44am »

on Jun 27th, 2007, 7:24pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
User Image


What a stunning picture! Cheers, COT!
Very nice indeed! cheesy
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #852 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 03:50am »

Nikki will like that.

What's she up to at the moment?

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #853 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 04:02am »

on Jun 28th, 2007, 03:50am, Nov wrote:
Nikki will like that.

What's she up to at the moment?



Not sure to be honest. I expected her to be back on this week. Maybe she's just working too hard, and coming home knackered. Or maybe her comp has blown up, due to the excessive weight of all the Hasse pics she has downloaded!
I've sent her a pm anyway, checking she's ok.

It's pictures like the one COT has posted above that make you want to see an actual large, glossy poster on your wall.
I make no apologies in saying that, should such a poster ever become available, I would be one of the first to buy it! smiley
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #854 on: Jun 28th, 2007, 08:43am »

Just thought I would add that, at the weekend, I am hoping to have some time to explore my new Hifi system more. I should be playing some TFK, some Bodin, some Stolt, and maybe some other Swedish type things too.
Looking forward to it!
I am off work tomorrow, so I am going to visit a friend and a couple of his friends who I know too. Will take 'The Flower King' down and see what they make of it. smiley
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls