Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:16pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5301 times)
squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #690 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 5:40pm »

I think i agree with Wiggy on the other site!
This thread gets wierder every day! rolleyes wink
Which one would Susan fancy?!!
Carl, you know that little lie down we keep talking about ....
Nows the time mate ..... grin wink
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #691 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 5:43pm »

User Image

Gee...........uhh...........well...............physically, no member of TFK is that attractive, IMO, to where I'd even want to go there................so.................if I were to marry one of them, it would be their talent that was attractive to me and not their hunkiness.

I'm not guzzling a bottle of red wine at the moment, and so the premise of me marrying any man is just too creepy.

Okay, it's Roine! Are you happy now? But only for his talent. Dammit, I feel dirty. I'm gonna go take a shower.
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #692 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 5:45pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 5:40pm, squonknikki wrote:
I think i agree with Wiggy on the other site!
This thread gets wierder every day! rolleyes wink
Which one would Susan fancy?!!
Carl, you know that little lie down we keep talking about ....
Nows the time mate ..... grin wink


....and I thought you were supposed to be in work tonight. Or is that tomorrow?
Er...Susan would probably like Jonas, but I'm not sure, and seeing as how she has nipped out to her sister's, I can't ask her at the moment.

Just listening to Steve Hackett's wonderful classical album - Metamorpheus. Probably a little too smooth for you, my girl. cheesy
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #693 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 5:50pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 5:43pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
User Image

Gee...........uhh...........well...............physically, no member of TFK is that attractive, IMO, to where I'd even want to go there................so.................if I were to marry one of them, it would be their talent that was attractive to me and not their hunkiness.

I'm not guzzling a bottle of red wine at the moment, and so the premise of me marrying any man is just too creepy.

Okay, it's Roine! Are you happy now? But only for his talent. Dammit, I feel dirty. I'm gonna go take a shower.


Sounds like a very admirable attempt to rationalise and justify your selection, so well done COT!
I had considered Roine myself, but he would undoubtedly be plugging his damn guitar in at all times of the night and practicing incessantly, so I have to discount him.
And now for something completely different - (er, and I'm not guzzling red wine, I am sipping it, like wot a proper connoisseur does!) - The Watch!
I have posted a reply in your thread on the band. That might seem more natural than this thread at the moment! grin
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #694 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:03pm »

Correct Carl! Am in work! sad
Left meself logged in on one of the desk PC's so i'll be back and forth a bit! No change there then!
The red wine hasn't affected the brain that much yet then! wink
Anyway, it's very good for you!
Interesting choices on the wedded bliss front boys!!! laugh
No don't think it would be too smooth for me Carl, think i could cope! wink I do like classical stuff you know! Used to play violin in an orchestra! tongue wink
You'll give me a gold star for playing Bay Of Kings on the way into work tonight though eh!!! grin
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #695 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:29pm »

I'm getting worried about our Carl undecided

grin

Gotta hit the sack as I've got another gig tomorrow (errr....tonight!!). This time with my local band at a Summer Ball.

Here's the set-lists - a bit lighter than The Phantoms but still good fun to play (what do you reckon?):

Set 1
Time After Time
Other Side of the World
Blues In The Night
Spooky
Pretty Woman Medley
Valerie
Mustang Sally
Itís Still Rock & Roll To Me
You Canít Hurry Love / Walking On Sunshine
Baby When Youíre Gone

Set 2
There She Goes
Beatles Medley
Lay Down Sally / End of the Line
Go Your Own Way / Summer of 69
Suddenly I See
Weather With You
Piece of My Heart
Sweet Home Chicago
Moondance

Set 3
Peter Gunn Theme
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk Women
Letís Stick Together
Fool If You Think Itís Over
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Chip Shop Song
Queen of Hearts
All Shook Up
Iím A Believer
Surfing Medley
Home

Encore
Iíll Stand By You


User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #696 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:46pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 6:29pm, Nov wrote:
I'm getting worried about our Carl undecided

grin

Gotta hit the sack as I've got another gig tomorrow (errr....tonight!!). This time with my local band at a Summer Ball.

Here's the set-lists - a bit lighter than The Phantoms but still good fun to play (what do you reckon?):

Sounds great Nov!! Like lots of those! smiley
Bold ones are faves!

Quote:
Set 1
Time After Time
Other Side of the World
Blues In The Night
Spooky
Pretty Woman Medley
Valerie
Mustang Sally
Itís Still Rock & Roll To Me
You Canít Hurry Love / Walking On Sunshine
Baby When Youíre Gone




Quote:
Set 2
There She Goes
Beatles Medley
Lay Down Sally / End of the Line
Go Your Own Way / Summer of 69
Suddenly I See
Weather With You
Piece of My Heart
Sweet Home Chicago
Moondance



Quote:
Set 3
Peter Gunn Theme
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk Women
Letís Stick Together
Fool If You Think Itís Over
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Chip Shop Song
Queen of Hearts
All Shook Up
Iím A Believer
Surfing Medley
Home

Encore
Iíll Stand By You


By the way, yer encores been changed to Devil's Playground, didn't they tell ya!!! grin wink
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #697 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:48pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 6:29pm, Nov wrote:
I'm getting worried about our Carl undecided

grin

Gotta hit the sack as I've got another gig tomorrow (errr....tonight!!). This time with my local band at a Summer Ball.

Here's the set-lists - a bit lighter than The Phantoms but still good fun to play (what do you reckon?):

Set 1
Time After Time
Other Side of the World
Blues In The Night
Spooky
Pretty Woman Medley
Valerie
Mustang Sally
Itís Still Rock & Roll To Me
You Canít Hurry Love / Walking On Sunshine
Baby When Youíre Gone

Set 2
There She Goes
Beatles Medley
Lay Down Sally / End of the Line
Go Your Own Way / Summer of 69
Suddenly I See
Weather With You
Piece of My Heart
Sweet Home Chicago
Moondance

Set 3
Peter Gunn Theme
Brown Sugar
Honky Tonk Women
Letís Stick Together
Fool If You Think Itís Over
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Chip Shop Song
Queen of Hearts
All Shook Up
Iím A Believer
Surfing Medley
Home

Encore
Iíll Stand By You




Very good setlist - good to see 'Fool If You Think It's Over' in there. I was quite a fan of Chris Rea back in the late eighties/early nineties. Very underrated as a guitarist too.
Hope the gig goes well for you. Have a good time.

(And you never answered the question either! Which FK member.....) grin grin grin

Goodnightaaaa!! (As Hasse would say)
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:50pm by Chessman » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #698 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 6:56pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 6:03pm, squonknikki wrote:
Correct Carl! Am in work! sad
Left meself logged in on one of the desk PC's so i'll be back and forth a bit! No change there then!
The red wine hasn't affected the brain that much yet then! wink
Anyway, it's very good for you!
Interesting choices on the wedded bliss front boys!!! laugh
No don't think it would be too smooth for me Carl, think i could cope! wink I do like classical stuff you know! Used to play violin in an orchestra! tongue wink
You'll give me a gold star for playing Bay Of Kings on the way into work tonight though eh!!! grin


Wow! So you played violin in an orchestra? And you studied classical guitar too? Now it's my turn to bow down to you, oh great and talented one! shocked
Nevertheless, I'm not sure about red wine being good for you - that's along the same lines as Aspirin being recommended as a preventative regarding blood clots.
I knew a fellow who died after drinking red wine....
He fell down a mine shaft. grin grin grin (You asked for that, Miss Menhouin-Segovia!
And you get many gold stars for playing Bay Of Kings tonight. Seems our tastes are strangely, yet pleasantly familiar! wink
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #699 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 7:56pm »

on Jun 8th, 2007, 6:56pm, Chessman wrote:
Wow! So you played violin in an orchestra? And you studied classical guitar too? Now it's my turn to bow down to you, oh great and talented one! shocked

Er ....... see ....... now i feel bad ... cos i have to own up!
I did play in an orchestra ...... in high school!! rolleyes laugh
Only played for 5 years though, from age 10 to 15!!
So don't think that counts really eh! I was just having a
go back about the smooth thing!!! grin
The classical guitar is all legit though!

Quote:
Nevertheless, I'm not sure about red wine being good for you - that's along the same lines as Aspirin being recommended as a preventative regarding blood clots.
I knew a fellow who died after drinking red wine....
He fell down a mine shaft. grin grin grin (You asked for that, Miss Menhouin-Segovia!

laugh laugh Tis true! It sends you to sleep, therefore you get more rest and all the associated benefits that go with that! cheesy Listen to your TFK nurse Carl! wink
Quote:
And you get many gold stars for playing Bay Of Kings tonight. Seems our tastes are strangely, yet pleasantly familiar! wink

smiley
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #700 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 5:44pm »

Well, it's been another good day!
This afternoon I watched 'Meet The Flower Kings' again, then followed this up by playing 'Adam & Eve'.
(I had almost forgotten just how good that album is!)

And now, as I type this, I am playing the second disc of 'Alive On Planet Earth' - already played the first disc.

Stunningly superior stuff! wink
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #701 on: Jun 9th, 2007, 7:17pm »

Ooh!!! you FK lovers are of exceedingly good taste today with your playlists Metamorpheous and Bay of Kings wink grin

I do not like red wine yuk,last time I had it I said hello to the porcelain I am afraid grin nope rose or white for me smiley
So Carl lay off the red wine or it may affect your musical judgement when listening to Hackett wink grin tongue kiss

Nikki I like Tomas and Roine the best grinCarl you are definitely drinking too much of it mate grin and have too much time on your hands, thinking about what it would be like to be female and having a favourite FK member :- grin wink*
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #702 on: Jun 10th, 2007, 03:09am »

hey chessman, make sure you don't wear out your equipment grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #703 on: Jun 10th, 2007, 06:18am »

on Jun 9th, 2007, 7:17pm, Narnialady wrote:
Ooh!!! you FK lovers are of exceedingly good taste today with your playlists Metamorpheous and Bay of Kings wink grin

I do not like red wine yuk,last time I had it I said hello to the porcelain I am afraid grin nope rose or white for me smiley
So Carl lay off the red wine or it may affect your musical judgement when listening to Hackett wink grin tongue kiss

Nikki I like Tomas and Roine the best grinCarl you are definitely drinking too much of it mate grin and have too much time on your hands, thinking about what it would be like to be female and having a favourite FK member :- grin wink*


My taste in all things Hackett will never be impaired! wink
As for the red wine, well, I won't be having any more until about Xmas probably. Seems it affects many people the same way ie: giving them headaches, making them sick etc.
The scary thing is - if I had only been having a cup of tea, I would still have asked the same question! shocked
(Anyway, I still choose Tomas!)
Now, which member of Genesis, if us men were girls, would we like.....huhhuhhuh grin grin grin
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2007, 06:19am by Chessman » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #704 on: Jun 10th, 2007, 06:28am »

on Jun 9th, 2007, 7:17pm, Narnialady wrote:
Carl you are definitely drinking too much of it mate grin and have too much time on your hands, thinking about what it would be like to be female and having a favourite FK member :- grin wink*


That's just what I was thinking grin

Very well put Steff wink

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls