Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:22pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 4738 times)
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #615 on: Jun 2nd, 2007, 7:08pm »

on Jun 2nd, 2007, 5:56pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Keep in mind that Roine joined Kaipa in 1974 at the age of 17 (which makes him 50 this year), so he has been involved in progressive rock music for over 30 years.
The wife and I watched both DVDs this morning, as well, of MTFK. It makes me happy that she loves them as much as I do, and she's a professional organist too.

Plus we listened to Unfold The Future for the first time. Wonderful as usual.

No, it doesn't get any better than that!


Indeed, Roine can never be accused of 'jumping on the bandwagon' as he was in on the scene pretty much in its heyday. (Though I think he's actually 51 this year - I think he was born in 1956.)
It's good that he is not afraid to go back to the music that is closest to his heart.
Let's hope he has a good few years of inspiration left in him. cheesy
You listened to UTF for the first time? Well, that must have been some experience for you. You are lucky your wife shares your taste in music. smiley
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #616 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 4:41pm »

Today I played Space Revolver, and am just playing Hydrophonia as I type this. I also watched 'Meet The Flower Kings' again today. I probably won't get a chance to see it again for a week or so. sad
A good TFK day - and I still found the time to go out this afternoon! smiley
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #617 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 4:49pm »

on Jun 1st, 2007, 07:02am, Nov wrote:
I prefer it when you sound like a teenager.

You know...........like Nikki grin

Have you watched the documentary bits of them on tour and Zoltan in the studio recording some tracks from UTF? Amazing!!







Indeed I have, Nov. And he truly is a very talented chap! One of my favourite drummers - it all looks ridiculously easy to him. Even when he is playing very complex pieces, the faces he pulls show he is relaxed and enjoying himself!
A bit like Hasse Bruniusson! I always suspected he was rather mental, and the dvd just confirms this! He looks out of his tree at times, yet he knows exactly what he is doing. Even Jonas is laughing at him on 'Garden Of Dreams' when they are singing 'Don't Let The Devil In'. Great stuff! grin
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #618 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 5:59pm »

OMG !!!

The Flower Kings at work on the new album "The Sum Of No Evil":

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2033498026

Look at Zoltan's drumming in this clip shocked

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2033781295

Awesome, incredible stuff!!

What a band!!

Nov

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #619 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:38pm »

I have replied to this on the other forum too. wink

Unfortunately, I can't download or watch anything, as usual. My comp is so slow it tends to go backwards nowadays!
However, I presume the said track is well worth a listen. Up to the usual standard then?
Well, I will just have to wait until the album is released.
Just think, I have three FK albums to buy this year,
'The Road Back Home', 'Scanning The Greenhouse' & the new one!
Tis a good year for us FK fans. Happy days! grin
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:39pm by Chessman » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #620 on: Jun 3rd, 2007, 6:44pm »

Check out my reply on the other forum Carl.

We're a bit split between these forums aren't we? I'd be happy just to stick here but I want to keep the TFK thread going over there so that people are aware of them.

User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #621 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 07:47am »

Ello! Bonjour! grin
I'm back! rolleyes

Alright you lot! Had great hols! Weather was rubbish but didn't mind! Kids had a ball, cycled, swam, canoed etc themselves into a heap every day! Keith managed 2 days, plus an evening of fishing! I just drank loads of French cider and listened to TFK all day! wink
Did loads of canoeing too, not at the same time as the cider/TFK combo, but that could have been interesting!
Some mates did a wine tasting evening which got extremely messy by the end! grin
A load of us went to Parc Asterix, and i went on every mad upside down ride they had! rolleyes Of course!

Been buried under a washing mountain since i've been back so only had time for a quick scan of the threads so to speak! I knew if i got in here i'd get nowt done! Lots to read! grin

Back later on but just a few things on the TFK front ..... The Rainmaker was on the doormat when i got home! At last! Giving it a first spin right now! grin

Got to comment on the clips that Nov posted ..........
OMG indeed!!!! grin
Wow! How great was that!!!!! shocked
Carl, you have to get to a mates to see this or something! Awesome!
That sounds fantastic!
That second clip ...... OMG the drum work there was to die for hey!!! How fast was that!! shocked
You know what the best bit is ........ that was just a 2 minute snippet!!!
2 minutes!!!! Well it left me gasping for more shocked wink
Yes straight back in there with the Carry On sexual innuendos! grin
Go on, you missed me didn't you!!!? wink

That'll do for a first post back! I do have other things to do you know ....... like concentrate on The Rainmaker and behave like a teenager eh Nov! wink grin


User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #622 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 09:24am »

on Jun 3rd, 2007, 5:59pm, Nov wrote:
OMG !!!

The Flower Kings at work on the new album "The Sum Of No Evil":

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2033498026

Look at Zoltan's drumming in this clip shocked

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=2033781295

Awesome, incredible stuff!!

What a band!!

Nov



HASSE - "This is probably the strongest material we have ever recorded." "So far, I have a very good feeling."

ROINE - "Compared to the last two albums, it feels like we're back, starting where we left after Flower Power and Stardust We Are."

ZOLTAN - On what it's like being back in the band: "It's freaky. It's freaky!" "To tell you the truth, I don't know much about progressive music." (coulda fooled me)

Based on these quotes, and after listening to the music in the videos, I cannot wait until the September release.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2007, 09:26am by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #623 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 5:49pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 07:47am, squonknikki wrote:
Ello! Bonjour! grin
I'm back! rolleyes


Fromage Frais!!


Quote:
Alright you lot! Had great hols! Weather was rubbish but didn't mind! Kids had a ball, cycled, swam, canoed etc themselves into a heap every day! Keith managed 2 days, plus an evening of fishing! I just drank loads of French cider and listened to TFK all day! wink


Sounds just like our holiday in Brittany a few years ago grin

(apart from the canoeing!)


Quote:
A load of us went to Parc Asterix, and i went on every mad upside down ride they had! rolleyes Of course!


This sounds great! Where is it?

Now if there was a "Parc Tintin" I'd be a very happy boy. I was always more into Tintin than Asterix wink


Quote:
Been buried under a washing mountain since i've been back so only had time for a quick scan of the threads so to speak! I knew if i got in here i'd get nowt done! Lots to read! grin


The joys of returning from holiday!!


Quote:
Back later on but just a few things on the TFK front ..... The Rainmaker was on the doormat when i got home! At last! Giving it a first spin right now! grin


What are your initial impressions?


Quote:
Got to comment on the clips that Nov posted ..........
OMG indeed!!!! grin
Wow! How great was that!!!!! shocked
Carl, you have to get to a mates to see this or something! Awesome!
That sounds fantastic!
That second clip ...... OMG the drum work there was to die for hey!!! How fast was that!! shocked
You know what the best bit is ........ that was just a 2 minute snippet!!!
2 minutes!!!! Well it left me gasping for more shocked wink
Yes straight back in there with the Carry On sexual innuendos! grin
Go on, you missed me didn't you!!!? wink


See, I've missed stuff like this. Sexual innuendos haven't really been much in evidence during the last week. It wouldn't have been the done thing really. We need some more girls in this thread!!


Quote:
That'll do for a first post back! I do have other things to do you know ....... like concentrate on The Rainmaker and behave like a teenager eh Nov! wink grin


I knew you wouldn't mind that comment wink

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #624 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:00pm »

Well, it's nice to see you, Nikki, and your totally innocent references back in the fold! Glad you enjoyed your paddling and general tomfoolery. (He fought in the Boer war, you know!)
Play The Rainmaker a few times, then let us know what you think of it.
Nov and I have been keeping our end up (ooer!) but now you are here you can do your bit too. Time we had a rest, don't you think?
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #625 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:03pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 6:00pm, Chessman wrote:
Nov and I have been keeping our end up (ooer!)


Have I just walked onto the set of "Are You being Served" or something?

grin

Carl has slipped straight back into maximum innuendo mode with the return of Nikki. She's such a bad influence don't you think Carl?

grin



User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #626 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:05pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 09:24am, CountingOutTime wrote:
HASSE - "This is probably the strongest material we have ever recorded." "So far, I have a very good feeling."

ROINE - "Compared to the last two albums, it feels like we're back, starting where we left after Flower Power and Stardust We Are."

ZOLTAN - On what it's like being back in the band: "It's freaky. It's freaky!" "To tell you the truth, I don't know much about progressive music." (coulda fooled me)

Based on these quotes, and after listening to the music in the videos, I cannot wait until the September release.


Couldn't have said it better myself!
Usually, no matter who the band, I am always a little nervous when a new album is released; there is always the chance it could be disappointing, and in some cases, it has been.
But with TFK, I am very confident indeed that they will deliver the goods to our total satisfaction.
Just think, this band may be around for another ten years, or more. Methinks they spoil us! cheesy
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #627 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:07pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 5:49pm, Nov wrote:
Fromage Frais!!

Now i tried that in the beauty parlour on site but it wasn't as good as the algae incident i can tell you! wink

Quote:
Sounds just like our holiday in Brittany a few years ago grin

Thinking of going there next year!

Quote:
This sounds great! Where is it?

On main A1 route into Paris but about 15 miles out i guess, or something like that! They had a ride with 5 complete upside down loops and a double corkscrew ......... shocked huh
Oh yeah and the oldest, fastest wooden roller coaster in Europe!

Quote:
Now if there was a "Parc Tintin" I'd be a very happy boy. I was always more into Tintin than Asterix wink

I knew it! Didn't the two blokes in the suits get on yer nerves tho?

Quote:
The joys of returning from holiday!!

Only bettered by trying to get the kids up in time for school, bloody mission impossible that was this morning!

Quote:
What are your initial impressions?
Road To Sanctuary and Sword Of God spring to mind immediately! But only played it once so far. It's certainly different thats for sure!

Quote:
See, I've missed stuff like this. Sexual innuendos haven't really been much in evidence during the last week. It wouldn't have been the done thing really. We need some more girls in this thread!!

Fair comment! laugh laugh laugh
I did see Scarlet when i checked in this afternoon though ....... i said did she know all the words to Stardust We Are yet? She said no, so i called her a useless baggage and told her to come back when she did! Did i do a bad thing!!!!! wink laugh Sorry boys!!!

Quote:
I knew you wouldn't mind that comment wink

I loved that comment!!!! wink grin

User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #628 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:25pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 6:03pm, Nov wrote:
Have I just walked onto the set of "Are You being Served" or something?

grin

Carl has slipped straight back into maximum innuendo mode with the return of Nikki. She's such a bad influence don't you think Carl?

grin




Maximum innuendo mode? grin grin grin
As to her being a bad influence, I had a case of that once, or maybe that was influenza, can't remember now.
I don't think she's a bad influence, I know she's a bad influence. Shame on you, you Welshsquonk!
The standard of this thread is in danger of bungi jumping straight back into the pit from which it only recently climbed from.
But never fear, Nov and I are gunslingers in the true sense of the word. We will protect this thread from vagrants and saloon madames! Though nurses may be a tougher prospect. cheesy
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #629 on: Jun 4th, 2007, 6:30pm »

on Jun 4th, 2007, 6:07pm, squonknikki wrote:
Now i tried that in the beauty parlour on site but it wasn't as good as the algae incident i can tell you! wink


Thinking of going there next year!


On main A1 route into Paris but about 15 miles out i guess, or something like that! They had a ride with 5 complete upside down loops and a double corkscrew ......... shocked huh
Oh yeah and the oldest, fastest wooden roller coaster in Europe!


I knew it! Didn't the two blokes in the suits get on yer nerves tho?


Only bettered by trying to get the kids up in time for school, bloody mission impossible that was this morning!

Road To Sanctuary and Sword Of God spring to mind immediately! But only played it once so far. It's certainly different thats for sure!


Fair comment! laugh laugh laugh
I did see Scarlet when i checked in this afternoon though ....... i said did she know all the words to Stardust We Are yet? She said no, so i called her a useless baggage and told her to come back when she did! Did i do a bad thing!!!!! wink laugh Sorry boys!!!


I loved that comment!!!! wink grin



Sword Of God eh? Didn't I tell you you would like it? Didn't I? ...etc etc grin
Oh yes, one little thing you missed while you were away...TFK did a small tour of England, five venues, including Watford twice. Very good too. We all went and had an amazing time! Hasse was on fire!! You should have seen him! Oh, you couldn't, could you? Sorry, forgot you were 'out of the country'. Never mind, you can always go see them next time. I think Roine said they will be back in five or six years.
Bedtime now, methinks. grin Night all!
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls