Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 24th, 2018, 07:46am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5929 times)
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5520 on: Jan 18th, 2014, 3:53pm »

on Jan 16th, 2014, 6:25pm, Nov wrote:
Something like this then?

User Image

smiley


Exactly Nov! Must admit, you look good dressed like that me old mucker... cheesy
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5521 on: Jan 18th, 2014, 3:55pm »

on Jan 16th, 2014, 4:16pm, Dust wrote:
User Image

Bought this on eBay--it hasn't arrived yet. Is it a good one?? smiley


Nah, it's crap, you've just wasted your money there. It's just as bad as all their others.................................................................................................................................................................................................... tongue
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5522 on: Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:49am »

Desolation Rose keeps getting better and better cool cool

Seriously good music, but I have a question:

Where have I heard "White Tuxedos" before? Certainly not TFKs huh

BTW, Resurrected Judas is on repeat at the moment in the car cool
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5523 on: Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:59am »

on Jan 22nd, 2014, 09:49am, demolition man wrote:
Desolation Rose keeps getting better and better cool cool

Seriously good music, but I have a question:

Where have I heard "White Tuxedos" before? Certainly not TFKs huh

BTW, Resurrected Judas is on repeat at the moment in the car cool

I don't hear anything else in White Tuxedos apart from the bit that sounds like a kid going nah nah nah-nah nah wink

I love the instrumental break in Resurrected Judas - that is TFK at their best wink
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5524 on: Jan 23rd, 2014, 05:00am »

on Jan 18th, 2014, 3:53pm, Chessman wrote:
Exactly Nov! Must admit, you look good dressed like that me old mucker... cheesy

Yes, I have been working on my poise wink
User IP Logged

Carpet Crawler
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 595
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5525 on: Jan 24th, 2014, 10:20am »

on Jan 23rd, 2014, 04:59am, Nov wrote:
I love the instrumental break in Resurrected Judas - that is TFK at their best wink


Amen to that. One of the best songs they've ever done.
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5526 on: Jan 24th, 2014, 10:56am »

on Jan 24th, 2014, 10:20am, Carpet Crawler wrote:
Amen to that. One of the best songs they've ever done.


Totally agree cool
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5527 on: Jan 24th, 2014, 11:02am »

...as an aside, I am enjoying Roine Stolt's vocals more and more.
I think Desolation Rose is now my favourite album by the band; it's that good.
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5528 on: Feb 25th, 2014, 08:43am »

Really looking forward to the London gig in May smiley

It's a real shame that Yes (or some of the members of Yes wink laugh) are playing the same night in London at RAH, hope it won't affect audience numbers too much at TFK undecided

User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5529 on: Feb 28th, 2014, 05:44am »

on Feb 25th, 2014, 08:43am, squonknikki wrote:
Really looking forward to the London gig in May smiley

Same here smiley


Quote:
It's a real shame that Yes (or some of the members of Yes wink laugh) are playing the same night in London at RAH, hope it won't affect audience numbers too much at TFK undecided

I am amazed that they scheduled the gigs for the same night sad

If Jon and Rick were with Yes it would be a difficult choice but as it is, it's a no-brainer - TFK all the way wink

Great to see you on here by the way Nikki smiley
User IP Logged

alfredthegreat
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 487
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5530 on: Mar 15th, 2014, 10:08am »

Some exciting tour news coming out of Flower Towers.European tour commencing late April,with two English dates in London and Leamington Spa on May8/May 9,with support from the excellent Sound Of Contact! cheesy
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5531 on: Apr 18th, 2014, 06:02am »


So, who is going to see any of the shows on the European tour?

I shall be at the London gig on May 8th with Nikki and Oz. Sadly, the other guys are going to the RAH that night to see old farts Yes (minus Jon and Rick rolleyes ) plough through Starship Trooper for the 5,000th time wink grin

User Image



« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2014, 06:03am by Nov » User IP Logged

SteveHammond
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1478
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5532 on: Apr 18th, 2014, 11:46am »

on Apr 18th, 2014, 06:02am, Nov wrote:
So, who is going to see any of the shows on the European tour?

I shall be at the London gig on May 8th with Nikki and Oz. Sadly, the other guys are going to the RAH that night to see old farts Yes (minus Jon and Rick rolleyes ) plough through Starship Trooper for the 5,000th time wink grin

User Image



I'll see TFK and Sound of Contact at Leamington but will also very much enjoy seeing "the old farts" play 3 whole albums in Birmingham wink. Each to their own but there are plenty of Yes songs on those albums that I haven't heard played live for a long while; that I'm really looking forward to hearing.
User IP Logged

TheEllanory
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1633
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5533 on: Apr 18th, 2014, 11:53am »

I'm somewhat narked as I would love to see TFK and also Sound of Contact. However, I'd already booked tickets for Yes at the RAH (last June!) before I knew TFK were playing on the 8th, and I'm also booked up on the night of the 9th so won't be able to catch them in Leamington.

(Still listening to your CDs though Nov - 'Solitary Shell' is a current favourite!)

User IP Logged

garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5534 on: Apr 18th, 2014, 1:09pm »

on Apr 18th, 2014, 11:46am, SteveHammond wrote:
I'll see TFK and Sound of Contact at Leamington but will also very much enjoy seeing "the old farts" play 3 whole albums in Birmingham wink. Each to their own but there are plenty of Yes songs on those albums that I haven't heard played live for a long while; that I'm really looking forward to hearing.


Looks like we may be meeting up again.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 369 370 371  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls