Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:17pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5306 times)
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5505 on: Dec 31st, 2013, 12:43pm »

on Dec 31st, 2013, 12:35pm, Chessman wrote:
Hope all you TFK fans had a great Christmas and that you all have a fantastic New Year! smiley


Thanks Carl! All the best to you in the New Year!

Hoping TFK does a 2014 tour here in the states grin

Stranger things have happened cheesy
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5506 on: Dec 31st, 2013, 5:51pm »

on Dec 31st, 2013, 12:35pm, Chessman wrote:
Hope all you TFK fans had a great Christmas and that you all have a fantastic New Year! smiley

.....and the same to you my good friend and all the other TFK (and other prog) fans hanging on by their finger tips on this forum wink

User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5507 on: Jan 7th, 2014, 2:10pm »

I hope this thread will re-appear in the new Prog area wink
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5508 on: Jan 7th, 2014, 4:00pm »

on Jan 7th, 2014, 2:10pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I hope this thread will re-appear in the new Prog area wink


It did!
We will move some more threads over the forthcoming days.
By the way I have Desolation Rose in the car at the moment!
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5509 on: Jan 7th, 2014, 4:30pm »

on Jan 7th, 2014, 4:00pm, demolition man wrote:
It did!
We will move some more threads over the forthcoming days.
By the way I have Desolation Rose in the car at the moment!


Great CD, Colin! cool

Earlier today I was listening to Scanning The Greenhouses, TFK's live release from 1998.

I think it is one of the greatest live prog releases ever. Unbelievable that this was performed and recorded over 15 years ago!
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5510 on: Jan 8th, 2014, 03:34am »

on Jan 7th, 2014, 4:30pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Great CD, Colin! cool

Earlier today I was listening to Scanning The Greenhouses, TFK's live release from 1998.

I think it is one of the greatest live prog releases ever. Unbelievable that this was performed and recorded over 15 years ago!

I have this on cassette somewhere but never got a CD copy of it. I just checked and it is a fortune on Amazon!

It's not a "live release" is it though David? I know a couple of songs were re-recorded but I thought it was all studio versions.

smiley

User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5511 on: Jan 8th, 2014, 03:49am »

Extended version of "Days Gone By"



Beautiful smiley



« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2014, 03:49am by Nov » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5512 on: Jan 8th, 2014, 08:50am »

on Jan 8th, 2014, 03:34am, Nov wrote:
I have this on cassette somewhere but never got a CD copy of it. I just checked and it is a fortune on Amazon!

It's not a "live release" is it though David? I know a couple of songs were re-recorded but I thought it was all studio versions.

smiley



You're right, Nov! Don't know what I was thinking. Their double live album is Alive On Planet Earth released in 2000, which is very good, and then Carpe Diem from 2008.

I also have their Fan Club CD from 2002, which is a pretty good audience recording of the band.

The quality of Scanning The Greenhouses is phenomenal and could only have been put together by Roine Stolt. The man is a genius. Everything flows together brilliantly.
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5513 on: Jan 10th, 2014, 5:29pm »

on Jan 8th, 2014, 03:49am, Nov wrote:
Extended version of "Days Gone By"



Beautiful smiley







Absolutely lovely. Just shows what a great pianist Tomas is when he wants to be. This track always conjures up an image of a solitary ballerina practicing in a large, empty room with sunlight shafting through large windows and dust being poignantly stirred by hard working feet smiley
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5514 on: Jan 10th, 2014, 6:33pm »

on Jan 10th, 2014, 5:29pm, Chessman wrote:
Absolutely lovely. Just shows what a great pianist Tomas is when he wants to be. This track always conjures up an image of a solitary ballerina practicing in a large, empty room with sunlight shafting through large windows and dust being poignantly stirred by hard working feet smiley


That's quite an image you've conjured up, Carl. Very nice indeed smiley
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5515 on: Jan 12th, 2014, 3:33pm »

on Jan 10th, 2014, 6:33pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
That's quite an image you've conjured up, Carl. Very nice indeed smiley


Cheers Dave! cheesy
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9333
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5516 on: Jan 16th, 2014, 4:16pm »

User Image

Bought this on eBay--it hasn't arrived yet. Is it a good one?? smiley
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5517 on: Jan 16th, 2014, 6:22pm »

on Jan 16th, 2014, 4:16pm, Dust wrote:
Bought this on eBay--it hasn't arrived yet. Is it a good one?? smiley

Good move Dust smiley

It's not just "good", it's excellent wink

Listen with an open mind, without pre-conceptions and I am sure you'll love it. I always think of TFK as a perfect blend of Genesis, Yes, The Beatles, Frank Zappa and King Crimson but with their own Swedish quirky twist on things smiley

I look forward to hearing what you think of it but only when you've played it five times or more wink

User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5518 on: Jan 16th, 2014, 6:25pm »

on Jan 10th, 2014, 5:29pm, Chessman wrote:
Absolutely lovely. Just shows what a great pianist Tomas is when he wants to be. This track always conjures up an image of a solitary ballerina practicing in a large, empty room with sunlight shafting through large windows and dust being poignantly stirred by hard working feet smiley

Something like this then?

User Image

smiley
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9333
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5519 on: Jan 16th, 2014, 7:37pm »

on Jan 16th, 2014, 6:22pm, Nov wrote:
Good move Dust smiley

It's not just "good", it's excellent wink

Listen with an open mind, without pre-conceptions and I am sure you'll love it. I always think of TFK as a perfect blend of Genesis, Yes, The Beatles, Frank Zappa and King Crimson but with their own Swedish quirky twist on things smiley

I look forward to hearing what you think of it but only when you've played it five times or more wink


Will do!

I don't hang around this thread, but I'm not a complete TFK newbie... I've been listening to Paradox Hotel for a few years, and I own four other CDs that I pop in from time to time but don't really distinguish from each other. One of these days I'll take some time and get it all sorted out. smiley
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls