Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:18pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5325 times)
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11382
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5325 on: Mar 28th, 2013, 10:22am »

on Mar 28th, 2013, 06:55am, NedFlanders wrote:
Neal Morse has announced that a new Transatlantic album is being recorded.


Nice! grin
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5326 on: Mar 28th, 2013, 2:19pm »

A new Transatlantic album? And it's not been at least ten years since the last one? Wow!
grin

Seriously, I wonder how Roine will fit the time in for that in May, if TFK are starting to record now? Also, will he have any ideas to bring to the Transatlantic table after using them up with TFK?
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5327 on: Mar 28th, 2013, 2:41pm »

on Mar 28th, 2013, 2:19pm, Chessman wrote:
A new Transatlantic album? And it's not been at least ten years since the last one? Wow!
grin

Seriously, I wonder how Roine will fit the time in for that in May, if TFK are starting to record now? Also, will he have any ideas to bring to the Transatlantic table after using them up with TFK?




I think Roine is a galactic megatronic idea machine with at least 20 more years of ground-breaking songs to churn out. Just my opinion of course grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5328 on: Mar 30th, 2013, 10:39am »

on Mar 28th, 2013, 2:41pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I think Roine is a galactic megatronic idea machine with at least 20 more years of ground-breaking songs to churn out. Just my opinion of course grin


I suspect you're quite right there, Dave...

...and what a title for an album you've come up with there:

The Galactic Megatronic Idea Machine

laugh
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5329 on: Mar 31st, 2013, 8:05pm »

on Mar 30th, 2013, 10:39am, Chessman wrote:
I suspect you're quite right there, Dave...

...and what a title for an album you've come up with there:

The Galactic Megatronic Idea Machine

laugh


I like it, Carl! grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5330 on: Apr 3rd, 2013, 1:22pm »

on Mar 31st, 2013, 8:05pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I like it, Carl! grin


Actually, The Galactic Megatronic Idea Machine sounds like the title of something that Roine would produce if he was working with Joe Satriani... wink
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5331 on: Apr 7th, 2013, 5:01pm »

Listened to Agents Of Mercy "The Black Forest" today. What an amazingly good album by a groundbreaking band, fronted by none other than Roine Stolt. Nad Sylvan is at his best on this one too.

User Image

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5332 on: Apr 9th, 2013, 2:38pm »

Now playing:

The Sum Of No Evil

Got to say, the more I play Love Is The Only Answer, the more I rate it. For me, it's right up there now with their best epics.
Just think what a legacy this band are creating for the future. Their epics alone make them one of the all time greats. Then there's the instrumentals...and let's not forget their shorter songs...quite amazing really. cool
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5333 on: Apr 11th, 2013, 3:42pm »

Now playing:

The Road Back Home - Disc 1

Great alternative versions of some classic FK songs. Well worth having, even if you have all the originals, like me. wink
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5334 on: Apr 13th, 2013, 10:09am »

Surprise surprise, now I'm playing:

The Road Back Home - Disc 2

cheesy
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5335 on: Apr 14th, 2013, 11:14am »

Well, today I watched, for the first time:

Tour Kaputt!

(Yes, it's taken me all this time to buy this and watch it, but, for some unfathomable reason, I let it slip by me when it first came out. )

Only seen it once, but first impressions are, it's a lot better than I thought it would be, judging from some reviews. It might be an 'official bootleg' but it's damn good quality, nevertheless, both visually and aurally.

Think this might be getting a fair few spins over the next few weeks...(very happy!) cheesy
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2013, 11:14am by Chessman » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5336 on: Apr 14th, 2013, 11:18am »

on Apr 14th, 2013, 11:14am, Chessman wrote:
Well, today I watched, for the first time:

Tour Kaputt!

(Yes, it's taken me all this time to buy this and watch it, but, for some unfathomable reason, I let it slip by me when it first came out. )

Only seen it once, but first impressions are, it's a lot better than I thought it would be, judging from some reviews. It might be an 'official bootleg' but it's damn good quality, nevertheless, both visually and aurally.

Think this might be getting a fair few spins over the next few weeks...(very happy!) cheesy


Watched it for the umteenth time with my brother, Roger, last week while he was visiting from Oregon. The band are in top form and Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson on drums is amazing. He stepped in at the last minute and learned the whole set in like 15 days.
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5337 on: Apr 14th, 2013, 3:35pm »

on Apr 14th, 2013, 11:18am, CountingOutTime wrote:
Watched it for the umteenth time with my brother, Roger, last week while he was visiting from Oregon. The band are in top form and Pat Mastelotto of King Crimson on drums is amazing. He stepped in at the last minute and learned the whole set in like 15 days.


Yes, great stuff indeed Dave. Although I've only watched it once, the one that really impressed me straight off was the brilliant version of Hudson River Sirens Call. I've always loved that track anyway, but this live version is stunning; visually, atmospherically and musically. The whole package just bristles with class. smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2013, 3:35pm by Chessman » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5338 on: Apr 16th, 2013, 4:51pm »

Now playing:

Carpe Diem

smiley
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5339 on: Apr 17th, 2013, 2:00pm »

Still in mood for some live TFK, so now I'm playing:

Brimstoned In Europe

wink
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls