Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:28pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 4805 times)
supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4208
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5250 on: Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:53am »

Staying over in Holmfirth for tonight's gig though it's only about an hour or so away. Hoping there' some good real ale there to go with some excellent music
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5251 on: Sep 23rd, 2012, 5:35pm »

Here's a review of a TFK gig in The Netherlands. Wonder how much the set list is changing during the tour? There is a list at the bottom of the page (click the link)

http://www.dprp.net/concrev/2012_flowerkings_1.php
User IP Logged

supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4208
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5252 on: Sep 24th, 2012, 06:13am »

Excellent concert in Holmfirth last night. The only downside was the bloody awful weather
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
Carpet Crawler
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 595
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5253 on: Sep 24th, 2012, 08:46am »

Super envious, but also very glad that you guys got to see TFK in concert again. smiley How were Numbers and For Love of Gold?

It has been four years since I saw them in Pittsburgh, PA, and it was an incredible show. I hope to see them again someday.
User IP Logged

Colin Tench
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar

Guitars in Corvus Stone, Colin Tench Project and various other bands


Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 41
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5254 on: Sep 27th, 2012, 1:13pm »

Now we have a sampler of the whole album. Zoltan Cs÷rsz Jr in his first prog band since TFK/Karmakanik!

http://www.bunchakeze.com/The_road_to_Avalon.php
User IP Logged

Colin tench
Mozo
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you don't stand up....


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1706
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5255 on: Sep 28th, 2012, 3:46pm »

on Sep 24th, 2012, 08:46am, Carpet Crawler wrote:
Super envious, but also very glad that you guys got to see TFK in concert again. smiley How were Numbers and For Love of Gold?


Nikki & I caught them at Leamington and London shows along with Nov, Bluegirl, Gunner & Soldoutfad smiley

Both shows were fabulous, but London was the better for the fact that Roine was up in the mix and not drowned out by the drums, which were very loud rolleyes

I found Numbers hard to get into when we first got the album, but seeing it live it came alive ... err, if you know what I mean undecided

For The Love of Gold is my fav of the album and was excellent live smiley

The suprise (or not really for TFK fans) was the majestic Rising The Imperial, such power and grace that truely transcended us to a higher place grin

We got I Am The Sun (part one) as the encore in London and that sent us home very happy smiley

Oh yea! and another highlight - Jonas' bass peddles that nearly shook my fillings out laugh
User IP Logged

.........You don't stand a chance!
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5256 on: Sep 28th, 2012, 4:04pm »

on Sep 28th, 2012, 3:46pm, Mozo wrote:
Nikki & I caught them at Leamington and London shows along with Nov, Bluegirl, Gunner & Soldoutfad smiley

Both shows were fabulous, but London was the better for the fact that Roine was up in the mix and not drowned out by the drums, which were very loud rolleyes

I found Numbers hard to get into when we first got the album, but seeing it live it came alive ... err, if you know what I mean undecided

For The Love of Gold is my fav of the album and was excellent live smiley

The suprise (or not really for TFK fans) was the majestic Rising The Imperial, such power and grace that truely transcended us to a higher place grin

We got I Am The Sun (part one) as the encore in London and that sent us home very happy smiley

Oh yea! and another highlight - Jonas' bass peddles that nearly shook my fillings out laugh


It ain't prog without the bass pedals cool grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5257 on: Oct 3rd, 2012, 3:48pm »

on Sep 28th, 2012, 4:04pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
It ain't prog without the bass pedals cool grin


They can be rather powerful, it has to be said... grin
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5258 on: Oct 3rd, 2012, 4:03pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2012, 3:48pm, Chessman wrote:
They can be rather powerful, it has to be said... grin


I'll never forget Yes' Union Tour at the Forum in L.A. back in the early 90s. Chris Squire (not sure if he was using bass pedals or not) had the entire building vibrating. It wasn't obnoxious by any means, but it rather reverberated throughout my entire being, giving me this wonderful transcendental 'buzz' cool
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5259 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 2:05pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2012, 4:03pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I'll never forget Yes' Union Tour at the Forum in L.A. back in the early 90s. Chris Squire (not sure if he was using bass pedals or not) had the entire building vibrating. It wasn't obnoxious by any means, but it rather reverberated throughout my entire being, giving me this wonderful transcendental 'buzz' cool


Steady now Dave, sounds suspiciously like you were tripping there... laugh
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5260 on: Oct 10th, 2012, 2:09pm »

on Oct 10th, 2012, 2:05pm, Chessman wrote:
Steady now Dave, sounds suspiciously like you were tripping there... laugh


Not that night, Carl grin

Just tripping the night fantastic cool grin
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5261 on: Oct 17th, 2012, 3:47pm »

From allmusic.com

biography[+]by Franšois Couture [sic]
Sweden played a crucial part in the progressive rock revival of the 1990s, but amid dark-sounding King Crimson-influenced bands like Anekdoten and Anglagard, the positive-thinking Yes-enlightened Flower Kings felt almost out of place. Yet, the Flower Kings became, along with Spock's Beard, the '90s prog rock band with the largest fan base, the biggest sales, and the widest international appeal.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2012, 3:48pm by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19351
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5262 on: Oct 17th, 2012, 6:17pm »

User Image

User Image
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5263 on: Oct 27th, 2012, 10:55am »

on Oct 17th, 2012, 6:17pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
User Image

User Image


Great pics there Dave. Thanks for posting! cheesy
User IP Logged

lucius
Guest
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #5264 on: Oct 30th, 2012, 12:18pm »

OK
I apologise. TFK are back.
Banks of Eden is a great album and I'm really enjoying it. That is all.

embarassed
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 351 352 353  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls