Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 24th, 2018, 07:53am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5952 times)
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4965 on: Feb 20th, 2012, 5:15pm »


I just spotted this on a prog rock forum!!

Something amazing that includes Roine Stolt that most of us would not even have heard of shocked

Pin back your lug 'oles and get a load of this:



Incredible!!

Does this mean yet more expense?

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012, 5:16pm by Nov » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4966 on: Feb 21st, 2012, 10:06am »

on Feb 20th, 2012, 5:15pm, Nov wrote:
I just spotted this on a prog rock forum!!

Something amazing that includes Roine Stolt that most of us would not even have heard of shocked

Pin back your lug 'oles and get a load of this:



Incredible!!

Does this mean yet more expense?



Very nice, Nov! Probably hard to find this one at a decent price.
User IP Logged

bassman
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 79
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4967 on: Feb 22nd, 2012, 7:49pm »

on Feb 20th, 2012, 5:15pm, Nov wrote:
I just spotted this on a prog rock forum!!

Something amazing that includes Roine Stolt that most of us would not even have heard of shocked

Pin back your lug 'oles and get a load of this:



thank you for that :cool:

Incredible!!

Does this mean yet more expense?

grin grin
User IP Logged

slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4612
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4968 on: Feb 22nd, 2012, 11:25pm »

Like that song.
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4969 on: Feb 25th, 2012, 06:42am »

on Feb 20th, 2012, 5:15pm, Nov wrote:
I just spotted this on a prog rock forum!!

Something amazing that includes Roine Stolt that most of us would not even have heard of shocked

Pin back your lug 'oles and get a load of this:



Incredible!!

Does this mean yet more expense?



Hmm, just had a listen to this. Musically I like it, but, to be honest, not too keen on the vocals. Still, I'm sure if it was available at a decent price I'd buy it... wink
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4970 on: Feb 27th, 2012, 6:15pm »

TFK's new drummer, Felix Lehrmann, is a 27-year-old German wunderkind. His playing is similar to my favorite TFK drummer, Zoltan Csorsz, very jazzy and sophisticated. Can't wait for the new TFK album later this year!

Here's a YouTube clip promoting Felix' solo album, "Rimjob."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW8xMem47IE
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4971 on: Mar 2nd, 2012, 2:05pm »

It's pretty bad when "What Gets On My Tits" has almost as many pages as this Flower Kings thread. Come on TFK fans, post your fanboy ravings here.

Tell us about the time you stalked Roine after he left his hotel room in Boise, Idaho, or the time you phoned Tomas' hotel room and hung up on him because you were too excited to speak.

These are things we all want to know......seriously.....

TFK RULES!
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4972 on: Mar 3rd, 2012, 04:04am »

on Mar 2nd, 2012, 2:05pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
It's pretty bad when "What Gets On My Tits" has almost as many pages as this Flower Kings thread.

I beg to differ. grin wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4973 on: Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:28am »

on Mar 2nd, 2012, 2:05pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
It's pretty bad when "What Gets On My Tits" has almost as many pages as this Flower Kings thread. Come on TFK fans, post your fanboy ravings here.

Tell us about the time you stalked Roine after he left his hotel room in Boise, Idaho, or the time you phoned Tomas' hotel room and hung up on him because you were too excited to speak.

These are things we all want to know......seriously.....

TFK RULES!


Dave! How did you find out about those things? Well, all I can say, in my defence, is, I was going through a particularly hard time in work and at home; I'd just started wearing women's clothes and my family didn't understand me anymore. I just had to get away and I knew Roine was in Idaho at the time....we all do things we regret! Please, can we just drop the subject? I've tried to blot the whole episode from my mind. I'm just grateful the Police decided to drop the charges. (Getting my skirt caught and pulled off in the lift doors was the real low point though - it cost me a small fortune it did!) embarassed cry


Not sure which thread I'm in now! laugh laugh wink
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4974 on: Mar 3rd, 2012, 10:19am »

on Mar 3rd, 2012, 08:28am, Chessman wrote:
Dave! How did you find out about those things? Well, all I can say, in my defence, is, I was going through a particularly hard time in work and at home; I'd just started wearing women's clothes and my family didn't understand me anymore. I just had to get away and I knew Roine was in Idaho at the time....we all do things we regret! Please, can we just drop the subject? I've tried to blot the whole episode from my mind. I'm just grateful the Police decided to drop the charges. (Getting my skirt caught and pulled off in the lift doors was the real low point though - it cost me a small fortune it did!) embarassed cry


Not sure which thread I'm in now! laugh laugh wink


Yes Carl, I read about your escapades in The Sun. At the very least, you've had your 15 minutes of fame. Roine himself has commented on that very incident in a recent interview:

"I met Carl for the first time back in 1985. He was naturally a bit different and had a reputation for pushing boundaries. My first influence was Jimi Hendrix, but after meeting Carl, he showed me what 'progessive' was all about. Thanks to him, I now embrace a diversity of styles and moods. Carl is like a brother to me."

It seems to me, Carl, as though your shenanigans have paid off. grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4975 on: Mar 3rd, 2012, 7:00pm »

on Mar 3rd, 2012, 10:19am, CountingOutTime wrote:
Yes Carl, I read about your escapades in The Sun. At the very least, you've had your 15 minutes of fame. Roine himself has commented on that very incident in a recent interview:

"I met Carl for the first time back in 1985. He was naturally a bit different and had a reputation for pushing boundaries. My first influence was Jimi Hendrix, but after meeting Carl, he showed me what 'progessive' was all about. Thanks to him, I now embrace a diversity of styles and moods. Carl is like a brother to me."

It seems to me, Carl, as though your shenanigans have paid off. grin


Indeed, we taught each other a lot. Roine taught me to keep my 'other life' strictly under wraps; I taught Roine to be very wary of dodgy cross-dressing groupies offering their 'experiences on life' at a discount - actually for about 15 Swedish Kronor. (About 1!) grin
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4976 on: Mar 6th, 2012, 09:12am »

If you've not added this to your collection, you're missing out!

User Image



Disc: 1
1. ABARAX "Last Minute On Earth"
2. ARGOS "Cosmic Circus - Including Babylon"
3. AP PROJECT "Alert...! Turn The Flora To This World"
4. AURORA LUNARE "Trading My Soul"
5. CHRIS "Different People"
6. CONTEMPORARY DEAD FINNISH MUSIC ENSEMBLE "Grand Old World"
7. EXPEDITION: DELTA "Selfconsuming Fire"
8. FINAL CONFLICT "A Kings Prayer"

Time 56:09


Disc: 2
1. FLAMBOROUGH HEAD "Blessing A Smile"
2. FORGOTTEN SUNS "In The Eyes Of The World"
3. GAOU "Rumble Fish Twist"
4. GUITAR GARDEN WITH THREE-LEGGED FOX "Ghost Of The Red Cloud"
5. KATE "The Man Who Walked With Kings"
6. MARCO LO MUSCO "Pipes Of Peace"
7. MICHAEL OGORODOV BAND "Close Your Eyes - A King's Prayer"
8. MIST SEASONS "Lobsterland Groove"
9. CARY CLOUSER & ORACLE "World Without A Heart"

Time 55:52


Disc: 3
1. ORCHESTRE CELESTI "The Rainmaker"
2. PANDORA "Theme For A Hero"
3. PHAEDRA "Calling Home"
4. PROJECTION "Stardust We Are"
5. ROMANOV "What If God Is Alone"
6. ROZ VITALIS "Dream On Dreamer"
7. SKY ARCHITECT "Silent Sorrow"
8. SKY CLUB "Church Of Your Heart"

Time 60:37


Disc: 4
1. SONIQ CIRCUS "Sword Of God"
2. SPOTON "Don't Let The Devil In"
3. SUPERNAL ENDGAME "The Flower King"
4. TABULA SMARAGDINA "Devil's Playground - The Scars Of Evil"
5. THE SAMURAI OF PROG "World Of Adventures"
6. TINYFISH "Jealousy"
7. UNITOPIA "The Way The Waters Are Moving"
8. VANILLA PROJECT "Serious Dreamers"
9. YESTERDAYS "Cosmic Cover (I. My Lover From Outer Space/II. My Cosmic Lounge)"

Time 63:19

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2012, 09:22am by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4977 on: Mar 6th, 2012, 09:16am »

From the tribute album - A FLOWER FULL OF STARS

Forgotten Suns - "In The Eyes Of The World"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj-FrQ11xU0
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4978 on: Mar 6th, 2012, 09:19am »


Thanks for posting that David.

I really don't know if I need to hear all those alternative versions of Flower Kings songs but it sure is heartening to see the level of love and commitment to the band from other prog bands all over the world.

It demonstrates the esteem in which they are held within the prog rock community - at lease amongst other bands if not always amongst the often overly critical, fussy, demanding, spoilt and often cynical prog fanbase wink

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4979 on: Mar 7th, 2012, 1:08pm »

on Mar 6th, 2012, 09:12am, CountingOutTime wrote:
If you've not added this to your collection, you're missing out!

User Image



Disc: 1
1. ABARAX "Last Minute On Earth"
2. ARGOS "Cosmic Circus - Including Babylon"
3. AP PROJECT "Alert...! Turn The Flora To This World"
4. AURORA LUNARE "Trading My Soul"
5. CHRIS "Different People"
6. CONTEMPORARY DEAD FINNISH MUSIC ENSEMBLE "Grand Old World"
7. EXPEDITION: DELTA "Selfconsuming Fire"
8. FINAL CONFLICT "A Kings Prayer"

Time 56:09


Disc: 2
1. FLAMBOROUGH HEAD "Blessing A Smile"
2. FORGOTTEN SUNS "In The Eyes Of The World"
3. GAOU "Rumble Fish Twist"
4. GUITAR GARDEN WITH THREE-LEGGED FOX "Ghost Of The Red Cloud"
5. KATE "The Man Who Walked With Kings"
6. MARCO LO MUSCO "Pipes Of Peace"
7. MICHAEL OGORODOV BAND "Close Your Eyes - A King's Prayer"
8. MIST SEASONS "Lobsterland Groove"
9. CARY CLOUSER & ORACLE "World Without A Heart"

Time 55:52


Disc: 3
1. ORCHESTRE CELESTI "The Rainmaker"
2. PANDORA "Theme For A Hero"
3. PHAEDRA "Calling Home"
4. PROJECTION "Stardust We Are"
5. ROMANOV "What If God Is Alone"
6. ROZ VITALIS "Dream On Dreamer"
7. SKY ARCHITECT "Silent Sorrow"
8. SKY CLUB "Church Of Your Heart"

Time 60:37


Disc: 4
1. SONIQ CIRCUS "Sword Of God"
2. SPOTON "Don't Let The Devil In"
3. SUPERNAL ENDGAME "The Flower King"
4. TABULA SMARAGDINA "Devil's Playground - The Scars Of Evil"
5. THE SAMURAI OF PROG "World Of Adventures"
6. TINYFISH "Jealousy"
7. UNITOPIA "The Way The Waters Are Moving"
8. VANILLA PROJECT "Serious Dreamers"
9. YESTERDAYS "Cosmic Cover (I. My Lover From Outer Space/II. My Cosmic Lounge)"

Time 63:19



I second that! Well said Dave. It's a superb collection and the quality is high throughout. wink
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls