Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:20pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5371 times)
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4920 on: Dec 28th, 2011, 09:32am »

on Dec 27th, 2011, 05:20am, Nov wrote:
How original does a band have to be for you to like them?

Even Genesis were unoriginal because they at the time they sounded like King Crimson, Family and The Moody Blues.



That really is quite a damning accusation of a massively talented group of men.

To me, they are the absolute opposite of "pretentious" because they put their complete heart and soul into their song-writing and playing.

Pretentious bands pretend to be something they are not whereas Transatlantic are the complete manifestation of what they are able to be.



Well said Nov! smiley
User IP Logged

bassman
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 79
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4921 on: Dec 28th, 2011, 10:26pm »

on Dec 27th, 2011, 05:10am, Nov wrote:
Don' speak too soon........

.......my strong feeling is that you'll be able to see them play in 2012 or 2013 wink

I hope you are right! ! ! this much grin grin cool grin cheesy laugh !!!
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4922 on: Dec 30th, 2011, 08:19am »

I strongly suspect we'll have some activity from this wonderful band next year. Can't wait, personally!

User IP Logged

AnotherAnt
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 414
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4923 on: Dec 30th, 2011, 11:47am »

Amazon currently has:

Stardust we are 3.99
Adam & Eve 4.99
Sum of no evil 4.99
Paradox hotel 5.99
Transatlantic - Bridge across forever 3.99
Whirlwind 3.99!!!

Good time to buy!
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4924 on: Dec 31st, 2011, 07:32am »

on Dec 30th, 2011, 11:47am, AnotherAnt wrote:
Amazon currently has:

Stardust we are 3.99
Adam & Eve 4.99
Sum of no evil 4.99
Paradox hotel 5.99
Transatlantic - Bridge across forever 3.99
Whirlwind 3.99!!!

Good time to buy!


Excellent prices indeed! Bargains of the century in fact! (Pity I've already got them... sad )
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4925 on: Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:28pm »

Hasse Froberg and Musical Companion are planning to release their follow-up to Future Past sometime in April 2012, followed by a tour. This is great news!

User Image

User Image
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4926 on: Jan 4th, 2012, 07:42am »

on Jan 3rd, 2012, 12:28pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Hasse Froberg and Musical Companion are planning to release their follow-up to Future Past sometime in April 2012, followed by a tour. This is great news!


User Image

User Image



Indeed it is Dave! Then, if we're lucky, TFK will be working hard on their next release. Could be a very good year for us fans! wink
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4927 on: Jan 7th, 2012, 05:39am »

Excellent news cool
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4928 on: Jan 9th, 2012, 3:07pm »

Here's a quick poser for TFK fans, what's your favourite TFK album cover?

I find it hard to choose actually. They're all excellent and really colourful - with the exception of The Rainmaker, which is probably my least favourite cover.

Favourite could be Flower Power, but I do like Stardust We Are, Adam & Eve and The Sum Of No Evil.

What's yours?
User IP Logged

genesis1964
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 7208
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4929 on: Jan 9th, 2012, 3:11pm »

My favourite cover would be The Sum Of No Evil
User IP Logged

Danny Federici 1950-2008
Clarence Clemons 1942-2011
Edgar Froese 1944-2015

Thank you for the music - you will never be forgotten
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4930 on: Jan 9th, 2012, 6:16pm »

Stunning album cover!

User Image
User IP Logged

AnotherAnt
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 414
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4931 on: Jan 11th, 2012, 3:36pm »

on Dec 17th, 2011, 8:22pm, Nov wrote:
shocked

huh

In The Eyes Of The World
Just This Once
Church Of Your Heart
Poor Mr Rain
The Man Who Walked With Kings
End Of Innocence
Merrygoround
Different People
Kingdom Of Lies
If 28
Ghost Of The Red Cloud
Stardust We Are


Nothing to struggle with there wink




Well I'll give you your due Nov.

I have listened to Stardust We Are - Disc 1 6 times, disc 2 1 and a half times so far and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Isn't it strange how things just click unexpectedly sometimes (compare my Beatles thread)?

All I've got to do now is try to sort out Sum of no evil and disc 2 of Unfold the future!!
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4932 on: Jan 13th, 2012, 02:13am »

on Jan 11th, 2012, 3:36pm, AnotherAnt wrote:
Well I'll give you your due Nov.

I have listened to Stardust We Are - Disc 1 6 times, disc 2 1 and a half times so far and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Isn't it strange how things just click unexpectedly sometimes (compare my Beatles thread)?

All I've got to do now is try to sort out Sum of no evil and disc 2 of Unfold the future!!

Excellent grin

The Flower Kings' music demands the respect of several listens to fully appreciate but it pays back in spades with years and years of continued listening pleasure.

The trouble is, too many people will give them a cursory listen and then just dismiss them out of hand because that is easier than the prospect of getting embroiled in their extensive back catalogue.

I lent my boss "The Road Back Home" selection CD but he just said "couldn't get into the first track" (which is Cosmic Lover). So, that's him writing off 10 amazing albums because of one track that he hardly bothered to listen to.

Good luck with the other albums wink
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2012, 02:14am by Nov » User IP Logged

AnotherAnt
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 414
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4933 on: Jan 13th, 2012, 10:59am »

on Jan 13th, 2012, 02:13am, Nov wrote:
Excellent grin

The Flower Kings' music demands the respect of several listens to fully appreciate but it pays back in spades with years and years of continued listening pleasure.

The trouble is, too many people will give them a cursory listen and then just dismiss them out of hand because that is easier than the prospect of getting embroiled in their extensive back catalogue.

I lent my boss "The Road Back Home" selection CD but he just said "couldn't get into the first track" (which is Cosmic Lover). So, that's him writing off 10 amazing albums because of one track that he hardly bothered to listen to.

Good luck with the other albums wink


Look this is bothering me now. Listened to disc 1 of Sum of no evil at lunchtime and thought it was terrific. What is going on? This seems to have all kicked off since my 'discovery of the Beatles'
User IP Logged

Carpet Crawler
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 595
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4934 on: Jan 13th, 2012, 11:04pm »

on Jan 13th, 2012, 10:59am, AnotherAnt wrote:
Look this is bothering me now. Listened to disc 1 of Sum of no evil at lunchtime and thought it was terrific. What is going on? This seems to have all kicked off since my 'discovery of the Beatles'


That is strange -- and wonderful at the same time. Don't be scared. wink TSONE is my favorite TFK disc actually, so I'm especially glad to hear that you're enjoying it. smiley

Sometimes things just seem to click into place. Several years ago I bought Something/Anything? by Todd Rundgren and thought it was "so-so". About five years later I came back to it, and thoroughly enjoyed it -- and then started buying up whatever Rundgren CDs I could find.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls