Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 17th, 2018, 11:25pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 4761 times)
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4485 on: Nov 13th, 2010, 08:02am »

on Nov 13th, 2010, 07:53am, Chessman wrote:
The 3rd world electric project is something I need to get round to hearing at some point. Sounds right up my street.

I'll send you a copy if you like Carl wink

Please pm me your address so that I don't have to trawl through all my other pms to find it.

I just need to find a bit of time to do this and also to send Gooner a best of from the albums he hasn't got.

Cheers

Nov
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4486 on: Nov 16th, 2010, 4:48pm »

on Nov 13th, 2010, 08:02am, Nov wrote:
I'll send you a copy if you like Carl wink

Please pm me your address so that I don't have to trawl through all my other pms to find it.

I just need to find a bit of time to do this and also to send Gooner a best of from the albums he hasn't got.

Cheers

Nov


That's very good of you to offer Nov. I'll pm you right now...no rush at all, take as long as you like mate. Cheers! wink
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4487 on: Nov 16th, 2010, 5:04pm »

on Nov 16th, 2010, 4:48pm, Chessman wrote:
That's very good of you to offer Nov. I'll pm you right now...no rush at all, take as long as you like mate. Cheers! wink

Got it Carl - and replied.

I'll sort this out, and Gooners compilation, when I get a spare hour wink




300 PAGES!!! WOOOOO!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2010, 5:05pm by Nov » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4488 on: Nov 18th, 2010, 12:51pm »

on Nov 16th, 2010, 5:04pm, Nov wrote:
Got it Carl - and replied.

I'll sort this out, and Gooners compilation, when I get a spare hour wink




300 PAGES!!! WOOOOO!!!


We'll need a gardener soon to tidy up the undergrowth and sort out the shrubs if it gets any bigger! grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4489 on: Nov 21st, 2010, 07:29am »

Regarding my last post, I think it's time to water it some more... wink
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2010, 07:30am by Chessman » User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13448
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4490 on: Nov 21st, 2010, 07:47am »

on Nov 21st, 2010, 07:29am, Chessman wrote:
Regarding my last post, I think it's time to water it some more... wink


An incredible thread, 300 pages long!
Mainly constructive posts too; hardly any drivel cheesy lipsrsealed
Just imagine if a new album was announced.........or if PG joined the band grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4491 on: Nov 21st, 2010, 09:55am »

on Nov 21st, 2010, 07:47am, demolition man wrote:
An incredible thread, 300 pages long!
Mainly constructive posts too; hardly any drivel cheesy lipsrsealed
Just imagine if a new album was announced.........or if PG joined the band grin


Indeed. A new album would bring a fresh surge of interest, hopefully.
PG joining? Now there's a thought! And, with all the talk of Tomas Bodin possibly not being in the next TFK line-up, what about a certain Mr Banks doing the job?
(Admittedly it's easier to tease a periwinkle out of its shell than it is to get Tony to appear with any other band!) grin
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4492 on: Nov 21st, 2010, 4:24pm »

on Nov 21st, 2010, 09:55am, Chessman wrote:
And, with all the talk of Tomas Bodin possibly not being in the next TFK line-up, what about a certain Mr Banks doing the job?

Now wouldn't that be a mouth-watering prospect shocked

I'd love to see Tony Banks working with Roine Stolt - it would be my favourite musician/composer of all-time working with my favourite musician/composer from the last 15 years.

I think they would so compliment each-other.

We can dream can't we?

smiley

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4493 on: Nov 22nd, 2010, 3:50pm »

on Nov 21st, 2010, 4:24pm, Nov wrote:
Now wouldn't that be a mouth-watering prospect shocked

I'd love to see Tony Banks working with Roine Stolt - it would be my favourite musician/composer of all-time working with my favourite musician/composer from the last 15 years.

I think they would so compliment each-other.

We can dream can't we?

smiley



Indeed we can, but, while Roine would be quite happy to work with Tony, I can't see Tony being too enthusiastic, can you?
To be honest, as much as I love Tony, I think he'd want too much control. rolleyes
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4494 on: Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:55am »

Oh come on ........ i had to post something on the 300th page!!!!! wink

Havn't been in here for a while, like what you've done to the place, still lots of love for TFK smiley

Interesting recent points .....

I feel the same about TSONE, didn't do it for me like all the other albums did.
Rarely play it, and when i do dig out some TFK it is inevitably Unfold The Future or Space Revolver that usually get picked.

Can't believe it's just over 3 years since that fantastic gig at Islington shocked

I too believe TFK will return triumphant in some form or another smiley

Nikki xx
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4495 on: Nov 26th, 2010, 08:04am »

on Nov 23rd, 2010, 06:55am, squonknikki wrote:
Oh come on ........ i had to post something on the 300th page!!!!! wink

Hooray! The Welsh Wonder-Totty has re-appeared grin


Quote:
Havn't been in here for a while, like what you've done to the place, still lots of love for TFK smiley

"TFK 4 LIFE"

I might have that tattoed on my todger - except of course it would have to say "The Flower Kings for Life" in very large text shocked rolleyes


Quote:
I feel the same about TSONE, didn't do it for me like all the other albums did.

Maybe we'll play it in 10 years time and be blown away wink


Quote:
When i do dig out some TFK it is inevitably Unfold The Future or Space Revolver that usually get picked.

I thought that Flower Power was your favourite?


Quote:
Can't believe it's just over 3 years since that fantastic gig at Islington shocked

I too believe TFK will return triumphant in some form or another smiley

Amen to that sister!!

kiss

« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2010, 08:04am by Nov » User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4496 on: Nov 26th, 2010, 11:51am »

on Nov 26th, 2010, 08:04am, Nov wrote:
Hooray! The Welsh Wonder-Totty has re-appeared grin


Oh good grief rolleyes wink grin

Quote:
I might have that tattoed on my todger - except of course it would have to say "The Flower Kings for Life" in very large text shocked rolleyes


See above .......... as in ....... Oh good grief!!! cheesy cheesy wink

Quote:
I thought that Flower Power was your favourite?


Indeed it is, and will forever remain so cool
But i have to stop what i'm doing and savour it, or at least be doing something calm and chilled when i listen to it.
While the others are great to listen to anytime if you know what i mean? Does that make any sense at all?
Can't listen to Flower Power while nipping about with the kids in the car for example! smiley



User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4497 on: Nov 27th, 2010, 08:12am »

on Nov 26th, 2010, 08:04am, Nov wrote:
Hooray! The Welsh Wonder-Totty has re-appeared grin



"TFK 4 LIFE"

I might have that tattoed on my todger - except of course it would have to say "The Flower Kings for Life" in very large text shocked rolleyes






I might just get the T on mine... embarassed


Two totally different flights of fantasy there methinks! grin
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19644
question Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4498 on: Dec 2nd, 2010, 1:02pm »

Now listening - thanks to COT - to Eggs & Dogs (You Are), Tomas Bodin's last release. On my second listen and already very impressed. Nice to hear Michael Stolt on vocals - he's got a decent voice - and bass. Some excellent and very intricate music on this album. Strong on melody too. Good stuff! wink
User IP Logged

ajoberstar
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 221
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #4499 on: Dec 2nd, 2010, 4:32pm »

on Dec 2nd, 2010, 1:02pm, Chessman wrote:
Now listening - thanks to COT - to Eggs & Dogs (You Are), Tomas Bodin's last release. On my second listen and already very impressed. Nice to hear Michael Stolt on vocals - he's got a decent voice - and bass. Some excellent and very intricate music on this album. Strong on melody too. Good stuff! wink


I really liked that album too. I'm looking forward to future releases by them.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 298 299 300 301 302  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls