Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 9:17pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5312 times)
demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #255 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 1:49pm »

To be perfectly honest, I can see where Mal is coming from. The Flower Kings are definitely an aquired taste.

Also, I've said it before (and I'll say it again wink) but the albums are just too long!! shocked
Value for money? Most definitely....but I haven't got time to listen to a triple LP length album in one hit.

Sounds crazy I know, but hey, that's how I feel.

No doubting the musicianship Nov for sure. smiley
It has taken me absolutely ages to get fully into Paradox Hotel, for the reasons above. By the time I got to the end of the album, I'd forgotten what the start was like shocked

Anyway, I'll get my coat now...
User IP Logged

RosieMc
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: -2
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #256 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 2:18pm »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 12:57pm, Nov wrote:
Glad you got it OK Rosie. Hope you enjoy it.

Let us know what you think after 9 or 10 listens wink





I will, I will ......... thanks again hon, meant to pm you , but my brain is so hopeless !!!!! rolleyes grin
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #257 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 5:44pm »

Mal try Stardust We Are and World Of Adventures smiley
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
The_Moonlit_Knight
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 611
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #258 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 05:21am »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 12:56pm, Nov wrote:
Like flowers........



More appriopriate than "Like mould..." but yes, quite aptly named. wink
User IP Logged

The deck was uneven right from the start...
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #259 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 10:07am »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 02:26am, Mal wrote:
I will check out some other albums though wink


Tell you what Mal, like I've done for other people here, I'd be more than happy to send you a TFK compilation tailored more to your taste.

I see you like Camel. Roine Stolt is up there with Andy Latimer for me and I could easily put together a TFK CD concentrating on more intrumental type stuff in a Camel vein.

If you fancy the idea, pm me your address wink



« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2007, 10:07am by Nov » User IP Logged

Redstein
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar



ICQ
PM


Posts: 39
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #260 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 7:33pm »

on Apr 11th, 2007, 10:07am, Nov wrote:
Tell you what Mal, like I've done for other people here, I'd be more than happy to send you a TFK compilation tailored more to your taste.

I see you like Camel. Roine Stolt is up there with Andy Latimer for me and I could easily put together a TFK CD concentrating on more intrumental type stuff in a Camel vein.

If you fancy the idea, pm me your address wink



Nov, I find your dedication admirable - you're going to singlehandedly bring about a prog revival grin (and about time, too...)

(And Stolt and Latimer definitely have a lot in common... A keen melodic sense, no use for flashy moves, often bluesy phrasings...)
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #261 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 7:42pm »

on Apr 11th, 2007, 7:33pm, Redstein wrote:
Nov, I find your dedication admirable - you're going to singlehandedly bring about a prog revival grin (and about time, too...)

(And Stolt and Latimer definitely have a lot in common... A keen melodic sense, no use for flashy moves, often bluesy phrasings...)


grin

I'm on a mission redstein wink

I feel so passionately for this band and want the world to know about them.

smiley

User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #262 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:22pm »

on Apr 11th, 2007, 7:42pm, Nov wrote:
grin
I'm on a mission redstein wink

I feel so passionately for this band and want the world to know about them.
smiley

He certainly is on one! A mission that is! laugh
Just as well too, as my life's better for having The Flower Kings in it!
Wicked CD for Rosie Nov!
I was so pleased as there were only 2 tracks i didn't know! laugh wink
Only about a few hundred more tracks to go then! wink
Can't wait to get more stuff soon! grin
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #263 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:40pm »

on Apr 12th, 2007, 6:22pm, squonknikki wrote:
He certainly is on one! A mission that is! laugh
Just as well too, as my life's better for having The Flower Kings in it!
Wicked CD for Rosie Nov!
I was so pleased as there were only 2 tracks i didn't know! laugh wink
Only about a few hundred more tracks to go then! wink
Can't wait to get more stuff soon! grin


Well, we haven't heard back from Rosie yet so she's either deep into listening to it again or listened to it once and didn't like it.

I really hope it's the former smiley

I don't know where chessman is at the moment or the rest of the gang undecided

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:41pm by Nov » User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #264 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:49pm »

Alright Nov!

Rosie will love it! Hope so anyway as i bid for the Kim Poor Mad Man Moon print earlier today, which she bid for too, so hope havn't pissed her off! She posted a very ferocious looking beast in reply!!! wink

Am in Wales right now! Great!
Carl has gone to get his cake tin taken off his head again! (10 things thread!)

X
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:51pm by squonknikki » User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #265 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 6:55pm »

on Apr 12th, 2007, 6:49pm, squonknikki wrote:
Rosie will love it!


Hope so.


Quote:
Am in Wales right now! Great!


How long are you down there for? Do you still have friends down there? Is Newport getting any better?


Quote:
Carl has gone to get his cake tin taken off his head again!


Eh?

User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #266 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 7:15pm »

on Apr 12th, 2007, 6:55pm, Nov wrote:
How long are you down there for? Do you still have friends down there? Is Newport getting any better?

Drove down today yesterday, still got quite a few mates down here smiley Coming back up Sunday.
Is Newport getting any better? Nov ....... what do you think! wink Although havn't been into town yet, hoping to avoid it to be honest! That's a dreadful thing to say about my home town isn't it!? laugh
Quote:
Eh?

Read his 10 things about you post, it's great! smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2007, 7:43pm by squonknikki » User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

RosieMc
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: -2
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #267 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 02:01am »

Have only had the chance to listen once so far !!! but first reaction is good - you'll be pleased to know !!! wink grin Wasn't too sure on the first track, but the second instantly blew me away and from there it already kinda 'grew' on me, but as you say ........ need to have another listen before it becomes apparent whether TFK will be permanently near the cd player !!!! grin
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #268 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:03am »

on Apr 13th, 2007, 02:01am, RosieMc wrote:
Have only had the chance to listen once so far !!! but first reaction is good - you'll be pleased to know !!! wink grin Wasn't too sure on the first track, but the second instantly blew me away and from there it already kinda 'grew' on me, but as you say ........ need to have another listen before it becomes apparent whether TFK will be permanently near the cd player !!!! grin


I like to open CDs with more of a rousing track in an effort to grab the listener straight away although that didn't quite work with you as you obviously prefer the more anthemic tracks.

I'm sure the opener will grow on you though as it's such a powerful track and a real prog work-out.

Like we're all saying though, TFK do need several listens to even begin to appreciate them. Some people here have actually written them off quite early on and then revisited months later and been blown away.

« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 11:04am by Nov » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #269 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 1:41pm »

Imagine a world without The Flower Kings?

That would be IMPOSSIBLE; ie, not capable of occurring or being accomplished.

User Image
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 4:57pm by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls