Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 08:39am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5275 times)
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #240 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 09:40am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 07:56am, RosieMc wrote:
Deflowering !!! LOL laugh


The (de)Flower Kings

grin



User IP Logged

RosieMc
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: -2
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #241 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 11:18am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 09:40am, Nov wrote:
The (de)Flower Kings

grin






OH GROAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolleyes
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #242 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 12:24pm »

Rosie I have some FK stuff as well smiley
Stephx
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19647
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #243 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 4:07pm »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 09:40am, Nov wrote:
The (de)Flower Kings

grin





You certainly have a way with words, young Nov!

Maybe I'll form a tribute band and call them:

The Cactus Queens. (or maybe not!) grin

User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13449
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #244 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 4:15pm »

Gotta say to Nov and Knight, "Feel Euphoria" is awesome. Try another listen please laugh

Then there's Octane which is another corker. Really love this even though I know it's had it's knockers huh

The latest album is a little iffy perhaps, but I've only given it 2 plays so far which isn't enough to fully appreciate this music. (bit like The Flower Kings, you HAVE to multi-play to do the writers justice; the songs are very complex)

User IP Logged

Mal
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Somethings changed, that's not your face, IT'S MINE!!!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #245 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 4:24pm »

Well, I've played Retropolis about 7 or 8 times now, and while there are a few good moments on here, I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about huh
Technically very good, but just doesn't 'click' with me at all. It seems that they are trying too hard, if that makes sense?
Oh well, back to Genesis, Camel, Blackfield etc, that I can guarentee having 'Hair On The Back Of The Neck' moments, which I just ain't getting from TFK. Sorry undecided
User IP Logged

You're naive if you really do believe
That the world is so full of sin

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19352
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #246 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 4:37pm »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 4:15pm, demolition man wrote:
Gotta say to Nov and Knight, "Feel Euphoria" is awesome. Try another listen please laugh

Then there's Octane which is another corker. Really love this even though I know it's had it's knockers huh

The latest album is a little iffy perhaps, but I've only given it 2 plays so far which isn't enough to fully appreciate this music. (bit like The Flower Kings, you HAVE to multi-play to do the writers justice; the songs are very complex)



All three post-Neal Morse SB offerings, plus their Live album "Gluttons For Punishment," are fantastic IMHO and get more precious with every listen. l love the variety of music and the co-production/mixing/engineering by Richard Mouser on each of the albums.

As a matter of fact, us guys on this side of the pond consider SB to be our TFK grin
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2007, 5:45pm by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #247 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 7:21pm »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 4:24pm, Mal wrote:
Well, I've played Retropolis about 7 or 8 times now, and while there are a few good moments on here, I'm struggling to see what all the fuss is about huh
Technically very good, but just doesn't 'click' with me at all. It seems that they are trying too hard, if that makes sense?
Oh well, back to Genesis, Camel, Blackfield etc, that I can guarentee having 'Hair On The Back Of The Neck' moments, which I just ain't getting from TFK. Sorry undecided


Well, what would you think if someone wrote Genesis or Camel off after just listening to one album from each group?

If someone said to me that they didn't much like, say, "Trespass", so they don't like Genesis, I'd say that they didn't really know enough about them to come to that conclusion.

That's how I feel about your verdict on The Flower Kings wink

Oh, and it makes no sense at all to me where you say that they are "trying too hard". They sound (to me) like they were born to play this kind of music and more comfortable doing it than any other group I've heard since 1977 (IMHO)



« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2007, 7:31pm by Nov » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #248 on: Apr 9th, 2007, 7:26pm »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 4:37pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
All three post-Neal Morse SB offerings, plus their Live album "Gluttons For Punishment," are fantastic IMHO and get more precious with every listen. l love the variety of music and the co-production/mixing/engineering by Richard Mouser on each of the albums.

As a matter of fact, us guys on this side of the pond consider SB to be our TFK grin


I'll get all three albums out and put them on heavy rotation and see where I get to.

There are moments that I really love on FE such as "Ghosts of Autumn" and "Carry On". What bothers me a bit though are their forced, patch-work attempts at an epic on each album. They just don't flow at all well, to my ears anyway.

Like I said, I'll give them all another go.

User IP Logged

Mal
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Somethings changed, that's not your face, IT'S MINE!!!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #249 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 02:26am »

on Apr 9th, 2007, 7:26pm, Nov wrote:
What bothers me a bit though are their forced, patch-work attempts at an epic on each album. They just don't flow at all well, to my ears anyway.





Pretty much sums up Retropolis to me Nov.
I will check out some other albums though wink
User IP Logged

You're naive if you really do believe
That the world is so full of sin

The_Moonlit_Knight
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 611
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #250 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 06:26am »

Listen to Space Revolver. If that doesn't click with you, there's something wrong, Mal.
User IP Logged

The deck was uneven right from the start...
RosieMc
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: -2
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #251 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 11:27am »

I've got a TFK cd

I've got a TFK cd

I've got a TFK cd !!!!!!


tongue tongue tongue


(thanks Nov, will be giving it a first listening this evening !!!!)
User IP Logged

The_Moonlit_Knight
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Can you tell me where my country lies?


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 611
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #252 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 11:40am »

Listen to it more than once. They're definitely a band that grow on you.
User IP Logged

The deck was uneven right from the start...
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #253 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 12:56pm »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 11:40am, The_Moonlit_Knight wrote:
Listen to it more than once. They're definitely a band that grow on you.


Like flowers........

User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #254 on: Apr 10th, 2007, 12:57pm »

on Apr 10th, 2007, 11:27am, RosieMc wrote:
I've got a TFK cd

I've got a TFK cd

I've got a TFK cd !!!!!!


tongue tongue tongue


(thanks Nov, will be giving it a first listening this evening !!!!)


Glad you got it OK Rosie. Hope you enjoy it.

Let us know what you think after 9 or 10 listens wink

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls