Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 23rd, 2018, 6:38pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5640 times)
Mozo
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you don't stand up....


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1706
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2310 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 01:43am »

on Dec 8th, 2007, 04:42am, Nov wrote:
There's a massive amount of music to get to grips with and all I'd say is just to take it easy because you can get a bit over-whelmed and kind of start wondering if it can all be this good. The answer - yes it is, but I'm still getting used to "Flower Power" (for example) and I've had it for about 5 years wink

Anyway - happy listening mate......

Nov

smiley



Thanks for that mate,
Know what you mean, but I'm a HUGE Yes fan and everything I've played so far is just cool cool
Perhaps I've just got one of those strange brains that instantly gets odd time signatures/weird key changes/20+min instrumentle workouts or......................perhaps I've just got a strange brain huh (got there before ya Nikki wink laugh)

So, Space Revolver next then smiley

OZ
User IP Logged

.........You don't stand a chance!
gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2311 on: Dec 11th, 2007, 1:37pm »

on Dec 11th, 2007, 01:43am, Mozo wrote:
Thanks for that mate,
Know what you mean, but I'm a HUGE Yes fan and everything I've played so far is just cool cool
Perhaps I've just got one of those strange brains that instantly gets odd time signatures/weird key changes/20+min instrumentle workouts or......................perhaps I've just got a strange brain huh (got there before ya Nikki wink laugh)

So, Space Revolver next then smiley

OZ


Space Revolver is their BEST album Oz , it's a must . I Am The Sun pt1 and 2 are worth the price of the album on ther own. grin

Sorry I haven't done your cds yet , I thought I'd be in my flat by now and my pc is in storage at the mo rolleyes
User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
Mozo
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you don't stand up....


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1706
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2312 on: Dec 12th, 2007, 04:51am »

on Dec 11th, 2007, 1:37pm, gooner265 wrote:
Space Revolver is their BEST album Oz , it's a must . I Am The Sun pt1 and 2 are worth the price of the album on ther own. grin

Sorry I haven't done your cds yet , I thought I'd be in my flat by now and my pc is in storage at the mo rolleyes


No sweat mate,
As soon as you can will be cool cool

.........now to get on iTunes for Space Revolver.......... grin

Oz
User IP Logged

.........You don't stand a chance!
soldoutfad
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Going blank again...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1287
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2313 on: Dec 13th, 2007, 07:28am »

on Dec 11th, 2007, 01:43am, Mozo wrote:
So, Space Revolver next then smiley

OZ


Yes...do yourself a real favour and get Space Revolver...you won't regret it!

So far it's my favourite of theirs...though Stardust comes very close smiley

cheers

Fraser
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2314 on: Dec 13th, 2007, 5:21pm »

on Dec 11th, 2007, 01:43am, Mozo wrote:
So, Space Revolver next then smiley

Definitely.

It's still my favourite but a big reason for that is that it was my introduction to the band so it's very special to me.

Another reason is that it's one of their only 100% consistently brilliant albums from start to finish. Most others have the odd track that are worth skipping (which isn't bad when all of their disks are around the 75 minute mark).

Another reason is that "I Am The Sun (part 2)" is probably my favourite piece of music from the last 20 years. Seriously. There's something truly magical about it and it "hits the spot" in exactly the same way as the end of "Supper's Ready" or "Awaken".

In short, buy it Oz grin

Nov





« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2007, 5:22pm by Nov » User IP Logged

lucius
Guest
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2315 on: Dec 13th, 2007, 5:23pm »

on Dec 13th, 2007, 5:21pm, Nov wrote:
Definitely.

It's still my favourite but a big reason for that is that it was my introduction to the band so it's very special to me.

Another reason is that it's one of their only 100% consistently brilliant albums from start to finish. Most others have the odd track that are worth skipping (which isn't bad when all of their disks are around the 75 minute mark).

Another reason is that "I Am The Sun (part 2)" is probably my favourite piece of music from the last 20 years. Seriously. There's something truly magical about it and it "hits the spot" in exactly the same way as the end of "Supper's Ready" or "Awaken".

In short, buy it Oz grin

Nov







It's great.

Steve

PS: Still a fan btw regardless of my numerous gushings re Riverside and Porcupine Tree. And btw you CAN like those two bands and tfk.
User IP Logged

soldoutfad
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Going blank again...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1287
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2316 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 02:33am »

on Dec 13th, 2007, 5:23pm, lucius wrote:
PS: Still a fan btw regardless of my numerous gushings re Riverside and Porcupine Tree. And btw you CAN like those two bands and tfk.


I concur cool
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2317 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 03:06am »

on Dec 13th, 2007, 5:23pm, lucius wrote:
And btw you CAN like those two bands and tfk.

And you can like all three of those bands AND play in a cheesy covers band playing tracks by The Arctic Monkey's, The Sex Pistols and The Monkees wink





« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 03:07am by Nov » User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2318 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 03:22am »

And you can love all those 3 bands with a passion, really love cheesy covers bands that play Arctic Monkeys, Bowie, U2 etc, sing along to every note of said covers band and be a secret Nickelback fan at the same time grin shocked wink
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2319 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 4:43pm »

on Dec 9th, 2007, 4:16pm, Narnialady wrote:
[quote author=Chessman link=board=obands&num=1172705095&start=2302#153 date=1197158998]Been abstaining totally from TFK for the past week.
Been listening to my new cds, Ritual - The Hemulic Voluntary Band (very good!) and Mostly Autumn - Catch The Spirit. A double 'best of' cd, which has a selection of songs off their first four albums, each one re-recorded, remixed and re-arranged.
Brilliant I have to say. Can't stop playing it at the moment.
However, I can feel TFK looming on the horizon again, and over the next couple of days my willpower is bound to crumble and I am going to have to expose myself (!!! shocked laugh) to some more of that band's strange beauty.
Evening all! wink[/quote

I have seen Ritual 3 times possibly at the CRS great Swedish band yet again grinlovely lead singer with the longest hair Patric is his name (if nikki saw him she might fall out of love with Hasse wink grin

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=103882442


Yes, Patric does have that long hair look beloved of Miss Squonky, though I suspect Hasse still has the edge on him.
I like Patric's voice, though not everyone does. His work with Kaipa often makes him sound a bit like Freddie Mercury. He is very talented, but we've come to expect that from the Swedes these days, haven't we?
I may have to get the other three Ritual albums sometime next year. cheesy
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2320 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 5:06pm »

I like Ritual a lot yes Steph does like other bands as well as Steve H grin,one of my friends Ceile absolutely adores Patric,its the tight leather trousers,long hair rock god look she goes for and his talent obviously tongue kiss wink grin
I like Big Black Secret grin
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 5:07pm by Narnialady » User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2321 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 04:35am »

on Dec 14th, 2007, 03:22am, squonknikki wrote:
And you can love all those 3 bands with a passion, really love cheesy covers bands that play Arctic Monkeys, Bowie, U2 etc, sing along to every note of said covers band and be a secret Nickelback fan at the same time grin shocked wink


I'm very sorry Nikki but that is one step too far rolleyes

grin

Nickle Creek, maybe, but Nickelback shocked

grin

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2007, 04:35am by Nov » User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2322 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 04:48am »

on Dec 9th, 2007, 4:16pm, Narnialady wrote:
I have seen Ritual 3 times possibly at the CRS great Swedish band yet again grin lovely lead singer with the longest hair Patric is his name (if nikki saw him she might fall out of love with Hasse wink grin


Here you go Nikki......

User Image

There are some sound-clips at http://www.myspace.com/ritualsweden

They sound like Kaipa to me. I did see them supporting The Flower Kings at The Mean Fiddler a few years ago. Good stuff.



« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2007, 04:48am by Nov » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2323 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 3:02pm »

on Dec 14th, 2007, 5:06pm, Narnialady wrote:
I like Ritual a lot yes Steph does like other bands as well as Steve H grin,one of my friends Ceile absolutely adores Patric,its the tight leather trousers,long hair rock god look she goes for and his talent obviously tongue kiss wink grin
I like Big Black Secret grin


huh Now then, young Steph, what, or who, is BBS? shocked
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2324 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 7:33pm »

on Dec 15th, 2007, 3:02pm, Chessman wrote:
huh Now then, young Steph, what, or who, is BBS? shocked

A track of theirs grin from an earlier album grin
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls