Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 24th, 2018, 08:00am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5972 times)
Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2205 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 5:46pm »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 10:01am, gooner265 wrote:
Car's sorted though I'm a 1000 lighter shocked sad , flat is still dragging it's heels angry sooner the better so I can listen to FK on my sound system again rather than my mp3 player rolleyes. Great as it sounds it's not the same as when my Arcam system creates a wall of sound. I pity my new neighbours. grin grin

Good luck with all this Gooner.

I pity your new neighbours too but that's just a general comment grin


Quote:
I have to confess I have only played the second CD of Stardust so far ( back to front I know rolleyes grin) but that holds up on it's own and I love the stardust theme running through the whole cd. smiley

The whole album is ace. The only track that takes a bit of time is "Circus Brimstone" coz it's a bit weird to start with but develops into a great instrumental.


Quote:
Will let you know nearer the time about the Phants gig , you know I really want to be there. wink

I know mate. No pressure. We'd all love to see you there wink


User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2206 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 5:52pm »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 3:53pm, Manda wrote:
hehe understood that grin

and btw you actually might be younger than my bro lol.. how old are you really?

OK then.......

Physically: 45

Mentally: 22

It's really weird though. You kind of stop thinking about your age once you get over about 30. I often have to stop and think how old I am and then it doesn't seem real somehow. I can clearly look back and remember (and feel) what it's like to be a teenager. My parents generation just seemed to be older at this age somehow. Maybe coz people like me and Nikki have grown up in the "rock" era.

You only have to read Nikki's comments about the "Foo Fighters" gig to see what I'm on about wink

Anyway, there you go wink

Cheers

Nov



User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2207 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 6:11pm »

OMG!
Forgot to tell you this!
I've done my first TFK conversion i think! grin
Well a bit anyway!
Nov, you'd be proud of me!
Got a few txts from Oz while he was at the airport waiting to fly to Dubai smiley
He said something along the lines of ........
'Well Nikki, i finally took your advice and decided to get some TFK to see what you keep raving to me about!
So got Flower Power and TSONE on the I-Pod to take to Dubai! cool You were right, it's brilliant!'

How cool is that grin
Well a lot cooler than Oz will be over there thats for sure wink
Couldn't quiz him any more as i could only txt not talk at the time and then they called his flight cry
Will let you know what he makes of it after a few listens!

Nikki XX
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2208 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 6:30pm »

Well, here I am again folks! Hello everyone...er anyone? Friends? Foes? Can anyone hear me? Anyone left alive?
Oh bugger.... cry
User IP Logged

JC4
Guest
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2209 on: Nov 19th, 2007, 6:46pm »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 6:30pm, Chessman wrote:
Well, here I am again folks! Hello everyone...er anyone? Friends? Foes? Can anyone hear me? Anyone left alive?
Oh bugger.... cry


I was here but well you left me (sobs in a corner with an invisible cake (hey I think I feel a rewrite coming on! shocked) and a hot chocolate - am fasting. Bugger is the word for it!
User IP Logged

gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2210 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 03:46am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 5:36pm, squonknikki wrote:
Discuss ..........
Brilliant, but Flower Power still reigns supreme grin

There you go Nov, i'm probably a bit over on the word count there but you'll let me off right? laugh

Gooner how are you getting on with it?


I've not played it yet shocked I want to get into one at a time so it's the second ( or 1st disc in this case grin) disc of Stardust then onto Flower Power plus I have Oz's Riverside CD to play ( cheers mate) as well . wink
User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2211 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 03:53am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 5:52pm, Nov wrote:
OK then.......

Physically: 45

Mentally: 22

It's really weird though. You kind of stop thinking about your age once you get over about 30. I often have to stop and think how old I am and then it doesn't seem real somehow. I can clearly look back and remember (and feel) what it's like to be a teenager. My parents generation just seemed to be older at this age somehow. Maybe coz people like me and Nikki have grown up in the "rock" era.

You only have to read Nikki's comments about the "Foo Fighters" gig to see what I'm on about wink

Anyway, there you go wink

Cheers

Nov





I know what you mean Nov ( even though I'm nowhere near yours and Nikkis ages yet wink grin) I'm still like a big kid at the gigs and I don't think that'll ever change. I'm going to see Madness with my 22 year old cousin and his mate in December right at the front at The O2 arena in London , that will be mental and requires a lot of stamina. grin grin
User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2212 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 03:57am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 5:46pm, Nov wrote:
Good luck with all this Gooner.

I pity your new neighbours too but that's just a general comment grin

grin grin grin grin you're not wrong there. wink

P.s. I'm rubbish at this quoting lark embarassed grin



The whole album is ace. The only track that takes a bit of time is "Circus Brimstone" coz it's a bit weird to start with but develops into a great instrumental.



I know mate. No pressure. We'd all love to see you there wink


User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2213 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 04:17am »

on Nov 20th, 2007, 03:53am, gooner265 wrote:
I know what you mean Nov ( even though I'm nowhere near yours and Nikkis ages yet wink grin) I'm still like a big kid at the gigs and I don't think that'll ever change. I'm going to see Madness with my 22 year old cousin and his mate in December right at the front at The O2 arena in London , that will be mental and requires a lot of stamina. grin grin


laugh laugh laugh rolleyes Oh my sides! rolleyes wink
Don't laugh mate you're not that far away tongue wink
Check out my Foo Fighters clips in that thread!
Now being down the front for that gig took stamina pal! wink
They'd have been pulling you out of there weeping grin wink
I on the other hand was still able to fight for a plec at the end of the night rolleyes grin
Youngsters, no staying power rolleyes wink
When's that special age birthday coming up again then Gooner? tongue kiss

Just kidding, love ya kiss Hope you're feeling better smiley
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2214 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 04:58am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 6:11pm, squonknikki wrote:
OMG!
Forgot to tell you this!
I've done my first TFK conversion i think! grin
Well a bit anyway!
Nov, you'd be proud of me!
Got a few txts from Oz while he was at the airport waiting to fly to Dubai smiley
He said something along the lines of ........
'Well Nikki, i finally took your advice and decided to get some TFK to see what you keep raving to me about!
So got Flower Power and TSONE on the I-Pod to take to Dubai! cool You were right, it's brilliant!'

How cool is that grin
Well a lot cooler than Oz will be over there thats for sure wink
Couldn't quiz him any more as i could only txt not talk at the time and then they called his flight cry
Will let you know what he makes of it after a few listens!

Nikki XX

I'm VERY proud of you Nikki.

Great stuff!!!

wink

User IP Logged

Manda
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1235
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2215 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 05:52am »

on Nov 19th, 2007, 5:52pm, Nov wrote:
OK then.......

Physically: 45

Mentally: 22

It's really weird though. You kind of stop thinking about your age once you get over about 30. I often have to stop and think how old I am and then it doesn't seem real somehow. I can clearly look back and remember (and feel) what it's like to be a teenager. My parents generation just seemed to be older at this age somehow. Maybe coz people like me and Nikki have grown up in the "rock" era.

You only have to read Nikki's comments about the "Foo Fighters" gig to see what I'm on about wink

Anyway, there you go wink

Cheers

Nov


hehe ok smiley cool well that's nice that you feel younger! and you don't have to be old just because you're getting older wink you're as old as you feel like you are

btw I've had to think about how old I am as well, twice or so shocked lol, last time was this summer.. someone asked me how old I am and I just "erm... uhm.. 17" grin laugh and then we laughed lol laugh rolleyes
User IP Logged

gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2216 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 08:02am »

on Nov 20th, 2007, 04:17am, squonknikki wrote:
When's that special age birthday coming up again then Gooner? tongue kiss

Just kidding, love ya kiss better smiley


My 30th you mean , that's next March grin grin
User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
gooner265
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1240
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2217 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 08:30am »

on Nov 20th, 2007, 04:17am, squonknikki wrote:
laugh laugh laugh rolleyes Oh my sides! rolleyes wink
Don't laugh mate you're not that far away tongue wink
Check out my Foo Fighters clips in that thread!
Now being down the front for that gig took stamina pal! wink
They'd have been pulling you out of there weeping grin wink
I on the other hand was still able to fight for a plec at the end of the night rolleyes grin
Youngsters, no staying power rolleyes wink
When's that special age birthday coming up again then Gooner? tongue kiss

Just kidding, love ya kiss Hope you're feeling better smiley


Reeled in nicely , big catch that tongue where's the smug smilie grin grin grin

Oh and I'm feeling much better now grin grin
Only kidding lol kiss
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2007, 08:44am by gooner265 » User IP Logged

Gigs 2011


Face Value - Birmingham 19/03
Blackfield - Shepherds Bush 08/04
Big Country - Shepherds Bush 15/04
British Pink Floyd - Albert Hall 20/04
Riverside - London La Scala 16/05
Roger Waters - O2 Arena 18/05
squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2218 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 08:40am »

on Nov 20th, 2007, 08:30am, gooner265 wrote:
Reeled in nicely , big catch that tongue where's the smug smilie grin grin grin


laugh laugh laugh rolleyes Hang on while i get this hook out of my mouth ........ ah that's much better! wink grin
Oh yeah, get some therapy for the 30th birthday delusional problem Gooner ........ wink kiss
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)
« Reply #2219 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 09:52am »

on Nov 20th, 2007, 03:57am, gooner265 wrote:


What's going on with you and those quotes Gooner rolleyes

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls