Board Logo
« So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :) »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 23rd, 2018, 6:39pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: So, does anyone here like The Flower Kings? :)  (Read 5679 times)
squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #150 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 6:25pm »

on Mar 29th, 2007, 4:16pm, Nov wrote:
Listen out for the little "nod of respect" to Genesis at 7:50 in the title track wink
Let me know when you've worked out what it is.


laugh When Nov said this to me a few months ago, after a couple of listens i knew exactly which track it was from, i just couldn't quite believe it fitted so well! wink smiley
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #151 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 6:27pm »

on Mar 29th, 2007, 6:25pm, Chessman wrote:
Hopefully, the more you listen to it, the more you will like it! You are now in the first stages of a marvellous musical journey!
(Am I going a tad over the top here?) wink

Not at all chuck! wink
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #152 on: Mar 30th, 2007, 2:28pm »

on Mar 29th, 2007, 6:25pm, Chessman wrote:
(Am I going a tad over the top here?) wink


Not at all.

I wish you would REALLY big them up grin

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #153 on: Mar 30th, 2007, 6:09pm »

on Mar 30th, 2007, 2:28pm, Nov wrote:
Not at all.

I wish you would REALLY big them up grin



Ok, here goes then: 'They aren't a bad band actually; I have definitely heard worse.'

There, that should do it! wink

Oh, just to let everyone know, my package arrived today: TFK - Instant Delivery.
Haven't had a chance to watch any yet, but I have studied the packaging. Very nice indeed!
Think I might just have to watch it tomorrow. grin
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19353
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #154 on: Mar 30th, 2007, 6:16pm »

on Mar 30th, 2007, 6:09pm, Chessman wrote:
Oh, just to let everyone know, my package arrived today: TFK - Instant Delivery.
Haven't had a chance to watch any yet, but I have studied the packaging. Very nice indeed!
Think I might just have to watch it tomorrow. grin


It took me three viewings to appreciate its greatness. I was spoiled by "Meet The Flower Kings." Of course, it also took me awhile to get used to Zoltan not being their drummer anymore, because I loved his jazz fills. Markus is more of a down-to-earth rock and roll drummer. He does do a great job though, and, as I've said before, this allows the other band members to shine.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2007, 6:16pm by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #155 on: Mar 31st, 2007, 5:28pm »

on Mar 30th, 2007, 6:16pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
It took me three viewings to appreciate its greatness. I was spoiled by "Meet The Flower Kings." Of course, it also took me awhile to get used to Zoltan not being their drummer anymore, because I loved his jazz fills. Markus is more of a down-to-earth rock and roll drummer. He does do a great job though, and, as I've said before, this allows the other band members to shine.


Well, I have now watched the second DVD disc twice (can't watch the first as I have the same problem Luciusspurious has - it won't play! sad)
and I can safely say it's marvellous! Great picture, great sound and fantastic performance. And I have played the two cds twice and they are fantastic too.
This band excites me and holds my interest like no other band since the mid to late seventies.
They just keep getting better on each listen. smiley
User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #156 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 12:28pm »

on Mar 31st, 2007, 5:28pm, Chessman wrote:
Well, I have now watched the second DVD disc twice (can't watch the first as I have the same problem Luciusspurious has - it won't play! sad)
and I can safely say it's marvellous! Great picture, great sound and fantastic performance. And I have played the two cds twice and they are fantastic too.
This band excites me and holds my interest like no other band since the mid to late seventies.
They just keep getting better on each listen. smiley


It's brilliant isn't it.

I'm just calming down after the "Hasse Leaving" scare this morning.

I'm pretty annoyed about that to be honest.

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #157 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:55pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 12:28pm, Nov wrote:
It's brilliant isn't it.

I'm just calming down after the "Hasse Leaving" scare this morning.

I'm pretty annoyed about that to be honest.


Yes, it's almost as if it was written with you in mind, by someone who has seen your recent posts where you have said you would hate it if Hasse, Tomas or Jonas left. (Of course, Roine couldn't leave.)
Actually, it would have been more plausible to say 'Roine is disbanding TFK to concentrate on solo ventures in the forseeable future.' That would have been a little more believable, to my ears.
Anyway, nothing to worry about. Having watched the dvd, they all seem like one big family. And Marcus seems to fit in very well, as in he doesn't look out of place at all.
Watched it twice more today.
Am waiting for an email off a contact for InsideOut music (Steve sent me the relevant details) so I can send off my defective disc and get a replacement.
Hope to get a reply tomorrow. (What a nuisance, today being Sunday!) cry
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #158 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 4:55pm »

shocked Jeez!!!!
Been out all day!
Had a really great time!
Just got on here now .......
And just about had a bloody fit! cry
Then read the whole thread and calmed down a bit! wink
Phew! smiley

So back to business ......... smiley

Got in from work last night around 9pm, quick handover from other half, as we occasionally only see each other for 30 mins or so depending on shifts!
Usual stuff .......
Kids ok? ....... Yeah
Any calls? ........ Yeah so and so
Any post for me? ........ No
Was a bit sad cos looking forward to Retropolis / World of Adventures dropping through the letter box! sad
So didn't think any more about it, out all day, he's leaving for work tonight, and parting words were ....
Oh yeah something came yesterday for you from Amazon, it's on top of the bookcase, i forgot! shocked

What! cheesy Instant rush to said bookcase and there they are! grin Yippee!
Now what i want to know from you lot is ...........
Is that grounds for divorce!?
I mean they had been in the house a whole 36 hours without him telling me, that's unreasonable behaviour at least right!? wink
How about mental cruelty then!? huh
No, that split thread was mental cruelty!!!! laugh

Anyway, just giving them a first listen right now! grin
Back soon with thoughts and more ramblings from the divorce courts! laugh
Now where's that solicitors number? wink
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #159 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 5:29pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 4:55pm, squonknikki wrote:
shocked Jeez!!!!
Been out all day!
Had a really great time!
Just got on here now .......
And just about had a bloody fit! cry
Then read the whole thread and calmed down a bit! wink
Phew! smiley

So back to business ......... smiley

Got in from work last night around 9pm, quick handover from other half, as we occasionally only see each other for 30 mins or so depending on shifts!
Usual stuff .......
Kids ok? ....... Yeah
Any calls? ........ Yeah so and so
Any post for me? ........ No
Was a bit sad cos looking forward to Retropolis / World of Adventures dropping through the letter box! sad
So didn't think any more about it, out all day, he's leaving for work tonight, and parting words were ....
Oh yeah something came yesterday for you from Amazon, it's on top of the bookcase, i forgot! shocked

What! cheesy Instant rush to said bookcase and there they are! grin Yippee!
Now what i want to know from you lot is ...........
Is that grounds for divorce!?
I mean they had been in the house a whole 36 hours without him telling me, that's unreasonable behaviour at least right!? wink
How about mental cruelty then!? huh
No, that split thread was mental cruelty!!!! laugh

Anyway, just giving them a first listen right now! grin
Back soon with thoughts and more ramblings from the divorce courts! laugh
Now where's that solicitors number? wink


See, like I keep saying - Nikki just doen't use enough emoticons.

Keeping those CDs from you is serious grounds for........at least a decent meal out. You need to have serious words with your chap Nikki.

I'm confident that you will love these 2 albums wink

User IP Logged

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #160 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 5:30pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 3:55pm, Chessman wrote:
Yes, it's almost as if it was written with you in mind, by someone who has seen your recent posts where you have said you would hate it if Hasse, Tomas or Jonas left. (Of course, Roine couldn't leave.)
Actually, it would have been more plausible to say 'Roine is disbanding TFK to concentrate on solo ventures in the forseeable future.' That would have been a little more believable, to my ears.


I feel like a bit of a wally now to be honest.

(do you know one? grin)

Bit of a stupid stunt though, don't you think?

User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #161 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 6:12pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 5:30pm, Nov wrote:
I feel like a bit of a wally now to be honest.

(do you know one? grin)

Bit of a stupid stunt though, don't you think?



Yes, I agree. When I saw the headline on progressive ears, I thought 'what?' But then realised as I read it that it was a stunt. But it certainly wasn't a 'cunning stunt' now, was it? grin

As for Zoltan being mentioned again, yes, it would be nice to see him back in some role, but I do like Marcus's contributions too. He seems to fit in very well. And his playing seems very laid back, yet effective. What a wonderful noise he gets from a quite small kit!
Mind you, how does Tomas manage with just two keyboards? The mind boggles, but he certainly gets some great sounds from them. (I wonder if he could do as well with just a stylophone, or an optigan? grin)
User IP Logged

Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19649
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #162 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 6:18pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 4:55pm, squonknikki wrote:
shocked Jeez!!!!
Been out all day!
Had a really great time!
Just got on here now .......
And just about had a bloody fit! cry
Then read the whole thread and calmed down a bit! wink
Phew! smiley

So back to business ......... smiley

Got in from work last night around 9pm, quick handover from other half, as we occasionally only see each other for 30 mins or so depending on shifts!
Usual stuff .......
Kids ok? ....... Yeah
Any calls? ........ Yeah so and so
Any post for me? ........ No
Was a bit sad cos looking forward to Retropolis / World of Adventures dropping through the letter box! sad
So didn't think any more about it, out all day, he's leaving for work tonight, and parting words were ....
Oh yeah something came yesterday for you from Amazon, it's on top of the bookcase, i forgot! shocked

What! cheesy Instant rush to said bookcase and there they are! grin Yippee!
Now what i want to know from you lot is ...........
Is that grounds for divorce!?
I mean they had been in the house a whole 36 hours without him telling me, that's unreasonable behaviour at least right!? wink
How about mental cruelty then!? huh
No, that split thread was mental cruelty!!!! laugh

Anyway, just giving them a first listen right now! grin
Back soon with thoughts and more ramblings from the divorce courts! laugh
Now where's that solicitors number? wink


I think the fact that you use so many emoticons is unreasonable behaviour, to be honest! tongue
Couldn't you have just managed to squeeze just another three thousand in at all? Shame on you!

As for your poor hubby, I suspect his dreadful oversight will cost him dear. (Personally, I would have waited three days before telling you, just to see what a funny colour you turned, and to hear what strange gargling noises came out of you as I ran for the door.)
Did you get them in the nice slipcase like I did?
Lovely packaging, isn't it?
When you come back, enthusing over the greatness of them, do try not to go overboard on the emoticons now, won't you dearie? Leave room for others to reply with their own emoticons, there's a good girl. grin
User IP Logged

squonknikki
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 3386
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #163 on: Apr 1st, 2007, 7:28pm »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 6:18pm, Chessman wrote:
I think the fact that you use so many emoticons is unreasonable behaviour, to be honest! tongue

huh grin wink

Quote:
As for your poor hubby, I suspect his dreadful oversight will cost him dear. (Personally, I would have waited three days before telling you, just to see what a funny colour you turned, and to hear what strange gargling noises came out of you as I ran for the door.)

shocked tongue cry wink
Quote:
Did you get them in the nice slipcase like I did?
Lovely packaging, isn't it?

grin cool

Quote:
When you come back, enthusing over the greatness of them, do try not to go overboard on the emoticons now, won't you dearie? Leave room for others to reply with their own emoticons, there's a good girl. grin

kiss wink laugh
User IP Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in totally exhausted and yelling: Holy shit, what a ride!

Nov
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 7247
xx Re: So, does anyone here like TFK? :)
« Reply #164 on: Apr 2nd, 2007, 04:01am »

on Apr 1st, 2007, 7:28pm, squonknikki wrote:
huh grin wink


shocked tongue cry wink

grin cool


kiss wink laugh


rolleyes

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  ...  377 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls