Board Logo
« Ok..... Camel rule !!!!! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 26th, 2017, 9:44pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!  (Read 86116 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2565 on: Jul 12th, 2013, 11:10am »

on Jul 12th, 2013, 10:07am, Squigelyfox wrote:
As for an instrumental, I don't think ' Stationary Traveller ' has been played enough live. Just beautiful! smiley

Perfect description of Stationary Traveller Squigs. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2566 on: Jul 13th, 2013, 08:03am »

on Jul 12th, 2013, 11:10am, Down And Out wrote:
Perfect description of Stationary Traveller Squigs. smiley


Thanks. smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

FatOnes
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Walk a mile for a Camel


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 924
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2567 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 04:45am »

Are any of you who are attending the Barbican in October planning on meeting up?
User IP Logged

Too old to grow up

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2568 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 05:32am »

The only Camel album I own is the double compilation Lunar Sea. embarassed At some point I should probably do something to rectify this, but that's another story for another day. wink Anyway, I'm sure that as is the case with many bands, the choice of which tracks to put on a compilation album is very subjective. In the case of the album Rain Dances, the tracks on my compilation are Tell Me and Elke. Both these tracks are soft, slow, mellow and, IMHO, only average. The question I'm asking Camel fans is would you say that these tracks are a fair representation of Rain Dances? Alternatively, which 2 or 3 tracks would you say best represent Rain Dances? Perhaps I should just check out the album on Spotify, given that it was the follow up to the classic Moon Madness. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Metheny
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 75
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2569 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 08:54am »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 05:32am, Down And Out wrote:
The question I'm asking Camel fans is would you say that these tracks are a fair representation of Rain Dances? Alternatively, which 2 or 3 tracks would you say best represent Rain Dances?. smiley


You are right. These tunes are very soft, and not fully representative of Raindances, although they add to the variety.
Unevensong from that album is one of Camel's classic tunes, and also my favorite there.
I would say check out Skylines and First Light, which are my other favorites on that album.
But the other stuff is also great. "One Of These Days..." is a very nice "jam" piece. "Metrognome" has a nice jazzy interlude with a great Latimer solo outro, and "Highways Of The Sun" is a good pop song with a dreamy Bardens synth solo.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2013, 08:57am by Metheny » User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2570 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 1:13pm »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 08:54am, Metheny wrote:
You are right. These tunes are very soft, and not fully representative of Raindances, although they add to the variety.
Unevensong from that album is one of Camel's classic tunes, and also my favorite there.
I would say check out Skylines and First Light, which are my other favorites on that album.
But the other stuff is also great. "One Of These Days..." is a very nice "jam" piece. "Metrognome" has a nice jazzy interlude with a great Latimer solo outro, and "Highways Of The Sun" is a good pop song with a dreamy Bardens synth solo.

Thanks Metheny. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 10418
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2571 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 4:42pm »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 08:54am, Metheny wrote:
You are right. These tunes are very soft, and not fully representative of Raindances, although they add to the variety.
Unevensong from that album is one of Camel's classic tunes, and also my favorite there.
I would say check out Skylines and First Light, which are my other favorites on that album.
But the other stuff is also great. "One Of These Days..." is a very nice "jam" piece. "Metrognome" has a nice jazzy interlude with a great Latimer solo outro, and "Highways Of The Sun" is a good pop song with a dreamy Bardens synth solo.


I agree!
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 10418
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2572 on: Jul 18th, 2013, 4:46pm »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 05:32am, Down And Out wrote:
The only Camel album I own is the double compilation Lunar Sea. embarassed At some point I should probably do something to rectify this, but that's another story for another day. wink Anyway, I'm sure that as is the case with many bands, the choice of which tracks to put on a compilation album is very subjective. In the case of the album Rain Dances, the tracks on my compilation are Tell Me and Elke. Both these tracks are soft, slow, mellow and, IMHO, only average. The question I'm asking Camel fans is would you say that these tracks are a fair representation of Rain Dances? Alternatively, which 2 or 3 tracks would you say best represent Rain Dances? Perhaps I should just check out the album on Spotify, given that it was the follow up to the classic Moon Madness. smiley


You should also consider, the Coming of Age double live cd. Great tracks and the sound is awesome!
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2573 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 10:48am »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 05:32am, Down And Out wrote:
The only Camel album I own is the double compilation Lunar Sea. embarassed At some point I should probably do something to rectify this, but that's another story for another day. wink Anyway, I'm sure that as is the case with many bands, the choice of which tracks to put on a compilation album is very subjective. In the case of the album Rain Dances, the tracks on my compilation are Tell Me and Elke. Both these tracks are soft, slow, mellow and, IMHO, only average. The question I'm asking Camel fans is would you say that these tracks are a fair representation of Rain Dances? Alternatively, which 2 or 3 tracks would you say best represent Rain Dances? Perhaps I should just check out the album on Spotify, given that it was the follow up to the classic Moon Madness. smiley


Yes, I'd maybe check out some tracks. Do bear in mind ' Rain dances ' is a different line-up of Camel, so not what I'd call " Classic Camel ". Still excellent though. My fave song on there is ' Unevensong ', which was played on the last tour too! smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2574 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 10:49am »

on Jul 18th, 2013, 4:46pm, Noni wrote:
You should also consider, the Coming of Age double live cd. Great tracks and the sound is awesome!


Love that, as well as ' Never let go ' double live CD! smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2575 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 10:53am »

Thanks Squigs and Noni. I assume that many fans would consider the Latimer/Bardens/Ferguson/Ward line up to be "classic Camel".
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Ordinary Bloke
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 200
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2576 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 11:07am »

I think the PA should be blaring out 'Rain Dances' (the track that is) as Camel come on stage. Poignant enough to remind us of Peter Bardens and short enough for the band to get in position for 'Never Let Go' cool
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2577 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 1:06pm »

on Jul 19th, 2013, 10:53am, Down And Out wrote:
Thanks Squigs and Noni. I assume that many fans would consider the Latimer/Bardens/Ferguson/Ward line up to be "classic Camel".


I guess many do, but for me the most recent 4 studio albums are Classic Camel too. The middle time is a bit different. I think of it as more the 4 man line-up. wink smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2578 on: Jul 19th, 2013, 1:09pm »

on Jul 19th, 2013, 11:07am, Ordinary Bloke wrote:
I think the PA should be blaring out 'Rain Dances' (the track that is) as Camel come on stage. Poignant enough to remind us of Peter Bardens and short enough for the band to get in position for 'Never Let Go' cool


They'll be playing ' The Snow Goose ' first won't they?! wink cheesy
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Mal
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Somethings changed, that's not your face, IT'S MINE!!!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5247
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2579 on: Jul 28th, 2013, 4:13pm »

Less than 12 weeks to go grin

Excited much!!
User IP Logged

You're naive if you really do believe
That the world is so full of sin

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls