Board Logo
« Ok..... Camel rule !!!!! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 30th, 2017, 03:53am


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!  (Read 86393 times)
David Minasian
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 200
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1995 on: Apr 30th, 2012, 11:15am »

on Apr 26th, 2012, 4:47pm, alivecamel wrote:
Is DM still tuned in to this channel?
Got a question about the Coming Of Age DVD.


Still here... smiley
User IP Logged

www.davidminasian.com
alivecamel
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 67
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1996 on: May 1st, 2012, 11:20am »

on Apr 30th, 2012, 11:15am, dm wrote:
Still here... smiley


Ah great stuff!
Been admiring the performance and production of CoE recently.

DVD jacket says "surround sound" but clearly not 5.1, so I'm guessing it is something like Dolby Pro Logic II, especially given the warning about mono players - am I close?

End credits say "Surround sound re-recorded at Buena Vista Studios". Was the sound really re-recorded after the concert, or does it mean "remixed" and if so was it originally a multi-track recording or is the surround soundtrack an upmix from stereo? Or perhaps some effects were added in post production?

Thanks for reading,
ALC
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13984
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1997 on: May 1st, 2012, 12:16pm »

I have decided that Camel is definitely my third favourite band, replacing The Who. This is because I am totally infatuated with their exceptional music presented on every album I have heard so far. cool cool cool

The only song they have made that has disappointed me so far is the song Supertwister. A decent song at best, but the name makes you think the song's going to be a wild ride, a bit like Camel's equivalent to Genesis's Wot Gorilla? But instead, it's a rather simple tune, with a strange, uncomfortable ending where you can hear someone sucking up a drink. undecided Not a bad song, it's quite nice actually, it just doesn't live up to its name.

I heard ICSYHFH on Sunday and adored it. I still have their debut to listen to (tomorrow, perhaps), plus Rajaz. I also need to hear Nude again. smiley
User IP Logged

Merlin
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 232
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1998 on: May 1st, 2012, 1:15pm »

Found this on the Magenta site:

The track Supertwister is named after the band Supersister.

Susan Hoover: This was a dutch band Camel toured with from time to time. They liked the band and the musicians and had a good time working with them.

When searching for a title for the song, they decided to put a "twist" on the name Supersister and so called it "Supertwister".
User IP Logged

It's good to be back.
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13984
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1999 on: May 1st, 2012, 1:50pm »

on May 1st, 2012, 1:15pm, Merlin wrote:
Found this on the Magenta site:

The track Supertwister is named after the band Supersister.

Susan Hoover: This was a dutch band Camel toured with from time to time. They liked the band and the musicians and had a good time working with them.

When searching for a title for the song, they decided to put a "twist" on the name Supersister and so called it "Supertwister".


This seems to make me like the song even less, because now I know it's not even about a tornado. undecided Though I don't mind it, I think I'm going to remove it from my iTunes. It will reduce Mirage to 34 minutes but it will be for the better IMHO. wink
User IP Logged

Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4036
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2000 on: May 1st, 2012, 3:32pm »

on May 1st, 2012, 1:50pm, NoSonofVine wrote:
This seems to make me like the song even less, because now I know it's not even about a tornado. undecided Though I don't mind it, I think I'm going to remove it from my iTunes. It will reduce Mirage to 34 minutes but it will be for the better IMHO. wink


Bit drastic!!! tongue
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2001 on: May 1st, 2012, 3:46pm »

on May 1st, 2012, 1:50pm, NoSonofVine wrote:
This seems to make me like the song even less, because now I know it's not even about a tornado. undecided Though I don't mind it, I think I'm going to remove it from my iTunes. It will reduce Mirage to 34 minutes but it will be for the better IMHO. wink

on May 1st, 2012, 3:32pm, Merryman72 wrote:
Bit drastic!!! tongue

Indeed! Does iTunes have a space limit them? huh
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Sahara_sunset
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Musician and composer


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 215
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2002 on: May 1st, 2012, 6:21pm »

on May 1st, 2012, 1:50pm, NoSonofVine wrote:
This seems to make me like the song even less, because now I know it's not even about a tornado. undecided Though I don't mind it, I think I'm going to remove it from my iTunes. It will reduce Mirage to 34 minutes but it will be for the better IMHO. wink


Whoa...! Really? I don't even remember feeling so bad about a song. Thats what I like about cd's..You can just hit the 'next' button and go to the next track... Supertwister is such a big part of the flow of Mirage IMHO (as is the other tracks), so I couldn't ever delete a track. But then, I really wouldn't like to smiley Me? I love the track!Each to their own, I guess
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2012, 6:25pm by Sahara_sunset » User IP Logged

Now playing: CAMEL
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13984
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2003 on: May 2nd, 2012, 02:13am »

on May 1st, 2012, 6:21pm, Sahara_sunset wrote:
Whoa...! Really? I don't even remember feeling so bad about a song. Thats what I like about cd's..You can just hit the 'next' button and go to the next track... Supertwister is such a big part of the flow of Mirage IMHO (as is the other tracks), so I couldn't ever delete a track. But then, I really wouldn't like to smiley Me? I love the track!Each to their own, I guess


It's not because I don't like Supertwister, I just think it's unneeded to make the album sound as good as it can be. I'll still have it on my computer in my music files, it just won't be in my iTunes library specifically. That means I can still listen to it whenever I like, just not on iTunes.

I just don't really think the song works in the album. It's a short song that feels out of place to me compared to the four others, all of which are awesome. cool Supertwister is OK but feels unnecessary because it doesn't feel up to the band's collossal standards. I also dislike the weird drink-sucking noise at the end - why did they include that? undecided

To me, I will definitely enjoy Mirage even more than I already do without it. wink
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2012, 02:13am by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2004 on: May 2nd, 2012, 07:35am »

on May 2nd, 2012, 02:13am, NoSonofVine wrote:
It's not because I don't like Supertwister, I just think it's unneeded to make the album sound as good as it can be. I'll still have it on my computer in my music files, it just won't be in my iTunes library specifically. That means I can still listen to it whenever I like, just not on iTunes.

I just don't really think the song works in the album. It's a short song that feels out of place to me compared to the four others, all of which are awesome. cool Supertwister is OK but feels unnecessary because it doesn't feel up to the band's collossal standards. I also dislike the weird drink-sucking noise at the end - why did they include that? undecided

To me, I will definitely enjoy Mirage even more than I already do without it. wink


Fair enough, your choice. wink

As for the " weird drink-sucking noise ", there is sometimes an element of fun to Camel, that's all. Nought wrong with a bit of fun methinks! cheesy
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Metheny
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 75
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2005 on: May 2nd, 2012, 09:40am »

on May 2nd, 2012, 02:13am, NoSonofVine wrote:
I also dislike the weird drink-sucking noise at the end


Actually I've read somehwere that the sound was generated in some way by a can of deodorant... huh
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2006 on: May 2nd, 2012, 09:43am »

on May 2nd, 2012, 09:40am, Metheny wrote:
Actually I've read somehwere that the sound was generated in some way by a can of deodorant... huh


Good effect on ' Lunar Sea ' too isn't there?!
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Metheny
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 75
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2007 on: May 2nd, 2012, 10:02am »

on May 2nd, 2012, 09:43am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Good effect on ' Lunar Sea ' too isn't there?!


You mean the bubbles in the intro?
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2008 on: May 2nd, 2012, 7:31pm »

on May 2nd, 2012, 10:02am, Metheny wrote:
You mean the bubbles in the intro?


Yes that's the one! laugh
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

InTheRapids
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Dear Ms. Fantasy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 290
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #2009 on: May 3rd, 2012, 5:01pm »

Listening to Rajaz again. Love this album because it sounds so much like Pink Floyd smiley
User IP Logged

~Previuosly known as "Sarah"~
www.avalonlon.tumblr.com
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls