Board Logo
« Ok..... Camel rule !!!!! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 30th, 2017, 03:47am


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!  (Read 86354 times)
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1770 on: Aug 29th, 2011, 10:31am »

on Aug 29th, 2011, 08:37am, Carpet Crawler wrote:
Well, I haven't read through every page in this post, but I did just get the Lunar Sea anthology 2-disc set and wanted to comment a little bit on it. Until now, the only thing by Camel that I had was The Snow Goose (which I liked quite well). But hearing some of their other stuff has been a treat actually. I especially like the song Freefall -- there are some awesome chord changes in that song. smiley

I look forward to getting better acquainted with the music of Mr. Latimer and his friends. And from the sound of it, they had great stuff even past the 70's period so that's exciting.


Great! Hope you enjoy your Camel listening. smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

carpetwalker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 874
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1771 on: Aug 29th, 2011, 1:39pm »

on Aug 29th, 2011, 08:37am, Carpet Crawler wrote:
Well, I haven't read through every page in this post, but I did just get the Lunar Sea anthology 2-disc set and wanted to comment a little bit on it. Until now, the only thing by Camel that I had was The Snow Goose (which I liked quite well). But hearing some of their other stuff has been a treat actually. I especially like the song Freefall -- there are some awesome chord changes in that song. smiley

I look forward to getting better acquainted with the music of Mr. Latimer and his friends. And from the sound of it, they had great stuff even past the 70's period so that's exciting.


Yeah glad you're enjoying Camel.....so at last carpetwalker lends a helping hand to Carpet Crawler..... wink
User IP Logged

Carpet Crawler
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 595
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1772 on: Aug 29th, 2011, 5:52pm »

on Aug 29th, 2011, 1:39pm, carpetwalker wrote:
Yeah glad you're enjoying Camel.....so at last carpetwalker lends a helping hand to Carpet Crawler..... wink


Yes, thank you. wink laugh

I'm always glad to hear recommendations though. This one was definitely much appreciated. smiley
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1773 on: Sep 8th, 2011, 6:25pm »

Listening to some lovely Camel music recently. smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Carpet Crawler
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 595
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1774 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 08:18am »

Lately I've been really enjoying disc 1 of the Lunar Sea 2-disc set. Freefall and Song Within A Song are really nice, to name just a couple. But really, just about every song on there is appealing or interesting in some way.

Haven't ventured onto disc 2 yet -- I'm trying to pace myself. wink
User IP Logged

Abacab
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 73
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1775 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 08:31am »

I love Camel, and while strolling the Internet I found this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjj1gn_camel-live-in-concert-at-the-hippodrome-september-22-1977_music It's the complete Sight n Sound concert in good quality.
User IP Logged

Alibrat
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1271
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1776 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 08:53am »

My fav Camel track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-2vefHt6o&feature=colike

Drafted from the Album "Nude"... just love to listen to this time and time again lol
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2011, 08:53am by Alibrat » User IP Logged

If you haven't got it? don't give it to me cheesy
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1777 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 10:14am »

on Sep 9th, 2011, 08:31am, Abacab wrote:
I love Camel, and while strolling the Internet I found this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjj1gn_camel-live-in-concert-at-the-hippodrome-september-22-1977_music It's the complete Sight n Sound concert in good quality.


It's on the CP DVD ' Moondances ' too! smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Metheny
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 75
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1778 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 10:36am »

on Sep 9th, 2011, 08:53am, Alibrat wrote:
My fav Camel track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-2vefHt6o&feature=colike

Drafted from the Album "Nude"... just love to listen to this time and time again lol


Yes, wonderful track. This whole "Medley" (Drafted, Docks & Beached) is great.
Also I wonder why they stopped playing Lies (also off of Nude) after the '84 tour, since I think it was one of the best numbers in their concerts up until and including the 84' tour, and got good feedback from the crowd.
User IP Logged

Alibrat
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1271
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1779 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 11:36am »

on Sep 9th, 2011, 10:36am, Metheny wrote:
javascript:add("%20sad")
Yes, wonderful track. This whole "Medley" (Drafted, Docks & Beached) is great.
Also I wonder why they stopped playing Lies (also off of Nude) after the '84 tour, since I think it was one of the best numbers in their concerts up until and including the 84' tour, and got good feedback from the crowd.


have never seen Camel live cry unfotuneately and unless Andy gets a lot better real soon.. doubt I ever will sad... but love "Nude" and "Stationary Traveller" also have the "Moondances" DVD, but haven't listened to all of it yet.. might have to give it another listen wink grin
User IP Logged

If you haven't got it? don't give it to me cheesy
carpetwalker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 874
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1780 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 1:14pm »

on Sep 9th, 2011, 08:18am, Carpet Crawler wrote:
Lately I've been really enjoying disc 1 of the Lunar Sea 2-disc set. Freefall and Song Within A Song are really nice, to name just a couple. But really, just about every song on there is appealing or interesting in some way.

Haven't ventured onto disc 2 yet -- I'm trying to pace myself. wink


Glad you're enjoying it CC.... cool
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1781 on: Sep 9th, 2011, 6:10pm »

on Sep 9th, 2011, 10:36am, Metheny wrote:
Yes, wonderful track. This whole "Medley" (Drafted, Docks & Beached) is great.
Also I wonder why they stopped playing Lies (also off of Nude) after the '84 tour, since I think it was one of the best numbers in their concerts up until and including the 84' tour, and got good feedback from the crowd.


Yeah, that's all really great stuff. A lot of bands who've been going a long time find it difficult knowing what to play though I guess.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Peter Beasley
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 109
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1782 on: Sep 12th, 2011, 05:30am »

The great thing about Camel is they vary their set from tour to tour and revive different old numbers more than some of their peers do - I'm thinking of Supertramp who never play anything off their first two albums and Wishbone Ash who concentrate on 'Argus' too much for my liking. Camel were courageous enough to drop 'Lady Fantasy' for 8 years.

It was a delight to hear 'Arubaluba', 'Chord Change', 'Slow Yourself Down', 'Echoes', 'Docks' and 'Beached' on more recent Camel tours and the fact that since 1992 Camel have taken to performing two and a half hour sets (as opposed to around 90 mins in the 70s and 80s) is wonderful.

Some of Camel's peers are almost like their own tribute bands. They record a new album, yet when they go on tour it's virtually ignored in favour of the same oldies (Supertramp again). It was very courageous of Camel to perform 'Dust and Dreams' and 'Harbour of Tears' in their entirity on the 1992 and 1997 tours, especially as they are semi-classical with lots of quiet passages; many fans would not have been familiar with them.

I hope Camel give 'Unevensong' and 'Hymn to Her' a rest next time and we hear perhaps 'The Sleeper' or 'Curiosity' - both great tracks which have not featured on live albums before.
User IP Logged

http://peterbeasley.fourfour.com
Metheny
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 75
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1783 on: Sep 12th, 2011, 05:49am »

Yes, I realize Camel have varied their set from tour to tour, but maybe they could have also thrown in a bit of variation along the tour itself.
Or maybe it was a matter of the other players (including Andy! smiley ) having to learn too much material in too short a time.

For example, I thought the inclusion of "Stationary Traveller" in the Farewell Tour was highly refreshing, or another example is playing "Summer Lightning" in the Nude tour with the vocoder (although this piece was relatively new back then, I guess wasn't considered a high point by most listeners), and yes, hearing and seeing "Beached" on "Coming Of Age" was breathtaking, and in the video you could see the reaction of people in the crowd.
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7486
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1784 on: Sep 12th, 2011, 06:19am »

on Sep 12th, 2011, 05:49am, Metheny wrote:
Yes, I realize Camel have varied their set from tour to tour, but maybe they could have also thrown in a bit of variation along the tour itself.


They did on the last tour didn't they?! cheesy US and UK dates certainly varied, as well as having different keyboard players.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121  ...  213 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls