Board Logo
« Ok..... Camel rule !!!!! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Oct 24th, 2017, 02:48am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109  ...  215 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!  (Read 6650 times)
Tangent
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

So what if I don't like Phil Collins? Deal with it!


PM


Posts: 4368
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1590 on: Jan 12th, 2011, 09:43am »

I also have some pics from the Breathless tour, at Glasgow City Halls, but they aren't great. I'll try and post the best. (Of a bad bunch!)
User IP Logged

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed"

Mark Twain

"Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul"

Samuel Ullman

David Minasian
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 200
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1591 on: Jan 13th, 2011, 10:02am »

on Jan 7th, 2011, 05:24am, Peter Beasley wrote:
I'm wondering why Andrew was not involved in producing the audio mix, leaving it solely to Denis? Perhaps David Minasian can answer.


I had assumed they both worked on it, but I don't know for sure. CP requested that Denis be credited with it.

Dave huh
User IP Logged

www.davidminasian.com
Peter Beasley
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 110
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1592 on: Jan 17th, 2011, 04:08am »

Thanks for response Dave. The mystery continues! A question for Mr Latimer I think.
User IP Logged

http://peterbeasley.fourfour.com
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7500
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1593 on: Jan 20th, 2011, 6:34pm »

on Jan 12th, 2011, 04:21am, Tangent wrote:
I was indeed, in fact, I took the picture. I should have owned up to that in my post!

I have others on a CD-rom, which is in a box in the cellar. I'll look it out and post some more.


Cool pic. Would be good to see some more. smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Drafted
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1594 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 05:54am »

on Jan 8th, 2011, 3:31pm, alivecamel wrote:
Hi Tangent, yes I can confirm it is the same material.



Hello Folks!
Not the same material.
Recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, on 2nd April 1981 (On the Road 1981)
The Esoteric edition is
Recorded At Hammersmith Odeon On 22nd February 1981 For Bbc Radio One In Concert .

keepītouch
User IP Logged

Tangent
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

So what if I don't like Phil Collins? Deal with it!


PM


Posts: 4368
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1595 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 05:59am »

on Jan 21st, 2011, 05:54am, Drafted wrote:
Hello Folks!
Not the same material.
Recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London, England, on 2nd April 1981 (On the Road 1981)
The Esoteric edition is
Recorded At Hammersmith Odeon On 22nd February 1981 For Bbc Radio One In Concert .

keepītouch


Interesting....
User IP Logged

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed"

Mark Twain

"Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul"

Samuel Ullman

Alibrat
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1271
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1596 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 06:20am »

would have loved to have seen Camel live myself.. LOVE the Nude album.. fav song is Drafted..dunno why though lol...was wondering whether it was worth buying the remastered version that you posted earlier?
User IP Logged

If you haven't got it? don't give it to me cheesy
Drafted
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1597 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 12:19pm »

Certainly worth having the two concerts. They are different, even in the version of Esoteric have an improvisation of Colin that are not on the studio album.
And well documented with photos and additional information.
I really love these two recordings.
Good Times
K.T.
User IP Logged

Riverman
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 145
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1598 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 1:18pm »

Are you sure they're different?

Here's the blurb from the esoteric site...

Released 26/09/10. Unlike many bands whose careers had begun in the 1970 s, CAMEL continued to enjoy much success in the 1980 s, producing fine studio albums such as Nude. A conceptual work, the album featured many fine songs such as Lies, City Life and Drafted, along with excellent instrumental pieces such as Captured. An international success, Camel toured globally to promote the album, with their concert at Hammersmith Odeon recorded by the BBC for the In Concert programme.

This re-mastered and expanded release includes the lengthy medley Excerpts from Nude from that radio broadcast as over 30 minutes of bonus material. This new release also includes an extensive booklet with copious photographs, memorabilia and a new essay.

listen to an audio sampleCity Life / Nude / Drafted / Docks / Beached / Landscapes / Changing Places / Pomp And Circumstance / Please Come Home / Reflections / Captured / The Homecoming / Lies The Last Farewell The Birthday Cake / Nude Sreturn Live

Bonus Tracks
- City Life / Nude / Drafted / Docks / Beached / Landscapes / Changing Places / Reflections / Captured / The Last Farewell / The Birthday Cake / Nude Returns

« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2011, 1:18pm by Riverman » User IP Logged

alivecamel
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 69
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1599 on: Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:02am »

They ARE the same. Esoteric have the wrong details, Mark Powell should have done more research on this one. The concert has been frequently mis-dated because it was not listed in the tour schedule, instead replacing the cancelled Berlin gig at the end of the tour. Incidentally BBC infax information mis-quotes the recording date as 22nd March. But Andy Lat has the correct date for the official CP bootleg, 2nd Apr. BBC made only one recording of the Nude tour, trust me I know what I'm talking about on this one wink
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7500
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1600 on: Jan 22nd, 2011, 09:22am »

on Jan 17th, 2011, 04:08am, Peter Beasley wrote:
Thanks for response Dave. The mystery continues! A question for Mr Latimer I think.


Life's a mystery Peter! cheesy

I would guess that Denis did most of the mixing so he got the credit. Anyway, people often don't get credit for what they do. Take all those Genesis songs written by the whole band! wink
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Drafted
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1601 on: Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:49pm »

Well, after listening to two recordings of yesterday, I have to rectify. is the same concert. Thanks for the information. So what is the correct date?
On the other hand, if I lived in London had gone to two concerts.
KT



on Jan 22nd, 2011, 05:02am, alivecamel wrote:
They ARE the same. Esoteric have the wrong details, Mark Powell should have done more research on this one. The concert has been frequently mis-dated because it was not listed in the tour schedule, instead replacing the cancelled Berlin gig at the end of the tour. Incidentally BBC infax information mis-quotes the recording date as 22nd March. But Andy Lat has the correct date for the official CP bootleg, 2nd Apr. BBC made only one recording of the Nude tour, trust me I know what I'm talking about on this one wink
User IP Logged

Peter Beasley
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 110
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1602 on: Jan 24th, 2011, 05:13am »

on Jan 22nd, 2011, 09:22am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Life's a mystery Peter! cheesy

I would guess that Denis did most of the mixing so he got the credit. Anyway, people often don't get credit for what they do. Take all those Genesis songs written by the whole band! wink


Even if Andy only did part of the mixing you'd have thought that with proof reading he'd ensure he was credited, unless he believed he'd had minimal involvement or didn't want to put his name to it. Someone must've been doing something with it for seven years!
User IP Logged

http://peterbeasley.fourfour.com
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7500
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1603 on: Jan 24th, 2011, 10:24am »

on Jan 24th, 2011, 05:13am, Peter Beasley wrote:
Even if Andy only did part of the mixing you'd have thought that with proof reading he'd ensure he was credited, unless he believed he'd had minimal involvement or didn't want to put his name to it. Someone must've been doing something with it for seven years!


I'd have thought Andy would have been credited too, but he's not credited with ' Masquerade ' either is he? Could be lots more too! wink smiley

User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

alivecamel
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 69
xx Re: Ok..... Camel rule !!!!!
« Reply #1604 on: Jan 24th, 2011, 4:44pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2011, 12:49pm, Drafted wrote:
Well, after listening to two recordings of yesterday, I have to rectify. is the same concert. Thanks for the information. So what is the correct date?
On the other hand, if I lived in London had gone to two concerts.
KT


Correct date is 2nd April 1981.

Some additional BBC songs, missing from the original broadcast, contributed to a BBC transcription LP.

Ice, which you can now find on the Esoteric ICSYHFH remaster.

Summer Lightning, which you can find on the Rainbow's End box set.

Lies, the only song so far not officially released.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109  ...  215 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls