Board Logo
« Bruuuuuce »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jan 21st, 2018, 10:00pm


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12  Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Bruuuuuce  (Read 13563 times)
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #165 on: Aug 9th, 2017, 10:56pm »

FWIW...

Tori Amos had pretty much the same register for tickets deal for her upcoming tour. I signed up for the Toronto show.

On the morning of sale (about 8:00 a.m.) I received two text messages. The first was an alert about the sale. The second was the code. That's it.

Right on time, 10-20 seconds into the sale, I plugged in my pre-copied code when prompted, selected "best available", and GO!...aaand...got first balcony...

WTF?

Tried again and again. Still, just balcony.

Selected floor seating...got off to the side, back of the floor, obstructed view seats...

WTF?

Tried "best available" again...balcony.

Went back to trying floors...got about fifth row, but waaaay off to the side. Tried the same about three or four more times, and basically got the same result.

Then, again, another shot at floors...and...say wut?...the hell?...(check the seating plan)...User Image

Yeah baby! Floor. Fourth row. Center.

Half an hour into the ordeal, but it was worth it. grin




« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2017, 04:11am by HENRY » User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #166 on: Aug 10th, 2017, 04:10am »

Oh, and BTW...

Yes, I've registered for the Bruce Broadway shows...User Image
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #167 on: Aug 10th, 2017, 09:23am »

Nice! Thanks for the info Henry.

Somehow I don't think if I was lucky enough to actually get tix for a show on this run, I'd have the balls to throw them back and search for better.

The theater only holds about 900 people so it's tiny compared to other places I've seen him. The balcony is only two rows deep and it says if overhangs the Orchestra at row 4. Even a seat up there would be fine by me. The Mezz is a little deeper and over hangs the Orch at row 8 I think it said. Also a nice seat IMO.

I'll probably be priced out of the prime Orchs, but if that was best available that came up, and I had them in my cart, they'd be awfully hard to pass on. wink

Really torn about trying for a Tues-Thurs show figuring they'll be a little easier to get or going all or nothing and trying for a Fri/Sat show. I'm leaning towards taking my chances on the weekend shows, and if I get shutout, hoping I can get back in and a weekday show is still available. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times on that by Aug 30th. grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #168 on: Aug 11th, 2017, 7:51pm »

on Aug 10th, 2017, 09:23am, ericm wrote:
Nice! Thanks for the info Henry.

Somehow I don't think if I was lucky enough to actually get tix for a show on this run, I'd have the balls to throw them back and search for better.

The theater only holds about 900 people so it's tiny compared to other places I've seen him. The balcony is only two rows deep and it says if overhangs the Orchestra at row 4. Even a seat up there would be fine by me. The Mezz is a little deeper and over hangs the Orch at row 8 I think it said. Also a nice seat IMO.

I'll probably be priced out of the prime Orchs, but if that was best available that came up, and I had them in my cart, they'd be awfully hard to pass on. wink

Really torn about trying for a Tues-Thurs show figuring they'll be a little easier to get or going all or nothing and trying for a Fri/Sat show. I'm leaning towards taking my chances on the weekend shows, and if I get shutout, hoping I can get back in and a weekday show is still available. I'll probably change my mind a hundred times on that by Aug 30th. grin

Well, about throwing back tickets...

I had two or three things in my favour. I was willing to forego the concert if I didn't get a decent seat; I have extremely good knowledge of the venue seating setup; and I can be a very stubborn SOB...

I've gone through similar ticket searches over the years, so this sort of thing is a walk in the park. But I'm sure you've had you're own share of ticket purchasing experience. grin

Just now, I watched an item on the news about the Springsteen Broadway shows and the Ticketmaster "verified fan" setup. It's based around identifying fans with e-mail and phone no. info, and an established social media record, trying to weed out "the 'bots". I think it's a good strategy, and so far it's worked for me. cool
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #169 on: Aug 11th, 2017, 9:44pm »

on Aug 11th, 2017, 7:51pm, HENRY wrote:
Well, about throwing back tickets...

I had two or three things in my favour. I was willing to forego the concert if I didn't get a decent seat; I have extremely good knowledge of the venue seating setup; and I can be a very stubborn SOB...

I've gone through similar ticket searches over the years, so this sort of thing is a walk in the park. But I'm sure you've had you're own share of ticket purchasing experience. grin

Just now, I watched an item on the news about the Springsteen Broadway shows and the Ticketmaster "verified fan" setup. It's based around identifying fans with e-mail and phone no. info, and an established social media record, trying to weed out "the 'bots". I think it's a good strategy, and so far it's worked for me. cool


Oh yeah Henry, I hear ya. I can be stubborn too in my ticket buying and have thrown back my share of tix (Bruce more than a few times) but this show will test my resolve with that if I'm lucky enough to get tix come up.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #170 on: Aug 29th, 2017, 9:04pm »

Ugh. So much for worrying about what night to choose. Just got an email saying I'm on standby for a code.

I can't imagine any scenario where they'll need to release more codes because these shows aren't selling. I'm thinking all 40 sellout tomorrow to everyone lucky enough to get codes for the on sale at 10:00am.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #171 on: Aug 30th, 2017, 10:00am »

on Aug 29th, 2017, 9:04pm, ericm wrote:
Ugh. So much for worrying about what night to choose. Just got an email saying I'm on standby for a code.

I can't imagine any scenario where they'll need to release more codes because these shows aren't selling. I'm thinking all 40 sellout tomorrow to everyone lucky enough to get codes for the on sale at 10:00am.


Yeah, I got standby too.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #172 on: Aug 30th, 2017, 1:39pm »

Whelp, looks like they're extending the run of shows.

http://variety.com/2017/legit/news/bruce-springsteen-broadway-extends-1202542931/
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #173 on: Aug 30th, 2017, 4:53pm »

on Aug 30th, 2017, 1:39pm, HENRY wrote:
Whelp, looks like they're extending the run of shows.

http://variety.com/2017/legit/news/bruce-springsteen-broadway-extends-1202542931/


Cool. Maybe I'll have better luck for that run.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #174 on: Sep 7th, 2017, 06:54am »

Standby again. angry

I guess I'm not a real fan. rolleyes
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6533
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #175 on: Sep 8th, 2017, 4:13pm »

on Sep 7th, 2017, 06:54am, ericm wrote:
Standby again. angry

I guess I'm not a real fan. rolleyes

Ha! You've been exposed! grin
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: Bruuuuuce
« Reply #176 on: Sep 8th, 2017, 8:36pm »

on Sep 8th, 2017, 4:13pm, HENRY wrote:
Ha! You've been exposed! grin


Damn! All it took was the rocket scientists at Ticketmaster to figure me out. grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls