Board Logo
« Welcome! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 26th, 2017, 7:36pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26  Notify Send Topic Print
 sticky  Author  Topic: Welcome!  (Read 66295 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Welcome!
« Reply #345 on: Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:06am »

on Oct 21st, 2013, 8:07pm, TheScree wrote:
Hello -
I am very happy to have stumbled across this forum. I've been a Genesis fan since elementary school when Invisible Touch was released. My mom went to the mall and I asked her to get me the Invisible Touch 45. The b-side was Domino Part 2: The Last Domino and I flipped my lid. The song Invisible Touch did not prepare me for Domino. And Domino did not prepare me for the depths of the Genesis catalogue, which I slowly but steadily dug into in reverse: Genesis to Abacab to Duke...etc. What a wild ride. So I'm an all era fan. A Phil and a Peter fan (and all the rest, of course.)
Anyway, all this to say: I'm glad to be here. cool

Welcome TheScree. Enjoy our mad little world. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
alfredthegreat
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 487
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #346 on: Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:47am »

smiley
Welcome ! Have a laugh, and enjoy the forum.
User IP Logged

TheScree
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #347 on: Oct 22nd, 2013, 7:27pm »

Thanks so much, Down And Out and alfredthegreat! I will smiley
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Welcome!
« Reply #348 on: Oct 23rd, 2013, 06:23am »

on Oct 22nd, 2013, 7:27pm, TheScree wrote:
Thanks so much, Down And Out and alfredthegreat! I will smiley

In your case you'll probably want to ride the forum. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #349 on: Oct 23rd, 2013, 3:51pm »

There is no indication of whether TheScree is male or female, which only matters insofar as the riding is concerned.
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2013, 3:51pm by Dust » User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14110
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #350 on: Oct 23rd, 2013, 4:44pm »

Welcome to the forum, Scree, from one proud all-era Genesis fan to another! cool
User IP Logged

TheScree
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #351 on: Oct 24th, 2013, 6:43pm »

I guess I'll have to update my profile! hahahaa I'm a male who will be RIDING the forum (I like that) more like a skateboard, perhaps? grin

Thanks, NoSonOfVine! Your name is a great combination of different eras. cool
User IP Logged

assemblyworker
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 2
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #352 on: Jul 27th, 2014, 5:18pm »

Howdy peeps,

Thought I'd enter the world of uber Genesis geekery....

Here's a short video of me playing (badly ((very badly))) part of Entangled on strawberries.
cheesy


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578358652285637&set=vb.100003345216638&type=2&theater
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Welcome!
« Reply #353 on: Jul 28th, 2014, 02:32am »

on Jul 27th, 2014, 5:18pm, assemblyworker wrote:
Howdy peeps,

Thought I'd enter the world of uber Genesis geekery....

Here's a short video of me playing (badly ((very badly))) part of Entangled on strawberries.
cheesy


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578358652285637&set=vb.100003345216638&type=2&theater

Welcome to the forum. Have fun! smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
SeaMaj7
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 28
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #354 on: Sep 17th, 2014, 8:59pm »

Hello, my name is Pete...I am astonished and inspired by the magical musicianship of Genesis. I love both eras, these guys are perhaps the greatest band in history!


User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14110
xx Re: Welcome!
« Reply #355 on: Sep 18th, 2014, 12:03am »

on Sep 17th, 2014, 8:59pm, SeaMaj7 wrote:
Hello, my name is Pete...I am astonished and inspired by the magical musicianship of Genesis. I love both eras, these guys are perhaps the greatest band in history!

Welcome, SeaMaj7. smiley
User IP Logged

FeelItComing
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1205
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #356 on: Jan 5th, 2016, 5:53pm »

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong thread but I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm a 55 year old woman from Sydney, Australia. While I have been a Genesis/Collins/Gabriel fans since the 80s, my interest in them has escalated since I saw the documentary & found out a great deal about them that I didn't know. Now I can't get enough of them & have been madly buying a lot of stuff I didn't have, in order to catch up.

To summarise very quickly I am a Collins era person. My knowledge of the Gabriel era was virtually non-existent before the documentary. So my favourite songs & albums at the moment are:

Genesis: Land Of Confusion & We Can't Dance
Collins: In The Air Tonight & Face Value
Gabriel: Solsbury Hill & So

However when I watched the documentary I was immediately struck by Tony Banks about whom I knew practically nothing. So I asked for A Chord Too Far for Christmas but haven't played it yet.

I bought the books Chapter & Verse & Behind The Lines, R-Kive & I just received And Then There Were Three yesterday. I hope to get all the Gabriel era albums, none of which I owned, soon, although my husband has a BluRay of Selling England. I even ordered a couple of T shirts from the official store. I also got the three most recent live DVDs, of which my favourite is When In Rome.

My husband is English (from South Shields) & saw them on the Wind & Wuthering tour. He saw Gabriel on the So tour. When he moved here we both saw Gabriel on the Us tour. I do have some Gabriel live DVDs.

I will probably be asking a lot of questions so please bear with me. I don't know if I've already encountered some of you in the Genesis, PG & PC Facebook groups? There is at least one member here who knows me from another message board (I am a founder member of The Border, a message board about the Eagles). But this is the first time in many years I have joined a board of this type. I feel honoured to be here.

Incidentally if someone can tell me how to get my signature to show as an image I will be very grateful. I couldn't see any instructions. I'm not going to even think of creating a unique avatar yet.
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2016, 6:56pm by FeelItComing » User IP Logged

User Image
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3495
xx Re: Welcome!
« Reply #357 on: Jan 5th, 2016, 8:19pm »

on Jan 5th, 2016, 5:53pm, FeelItComing wrote:
Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong thread but I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm a 55 year old woman from Sydney, Australia. While I have been a Genesis/Collins/Gabriel fans since the 80s, my interest in them has escalated since I saw the documentary & found out a great deal about them that I didn't know. Now I can't get enough of them & have been madly buying a lot of stuff I didn't have, in order to catch up.

To summarise very quickly I am a Collins era person. My knowledge of the Gabriel era was virtually non-existent before the documentary. So my favourite songs & albums at the moment are:

Genesis: Land Of Confusion & We Can't Dance
Collins: In The Air Tonight & Face Value
Gabriel: Solsbury Hill & So

However when I watched the documentary I was immediately struck by Tony Banks about whom I knew practically nothing. So I asked for A Chord Too Far for Christmas but haven't played it yet.

I bought the books Chapter & Verse & Behind The Lines, R-Kive & I just received And Then There Were Three yesterday. I hope to get all the Gabriel era albums, none of which I owned, soon, although my husband has a BluRay of Selling England. I even ordered a couple of T shirts from the official store. I also got the three most recent live DVDs, of which my favourite is When In Rome.

My husband is English (from South Shields) & saw them on the Wind & Wuthering tour. He saw Gabriel on the So tour. When he moved here we both saw Gabriel on the Us tour. I do have some Gabriel live DVDs.

I will probably be asking a lot of questions so please bear with me. I don't know if I've already encountered some of you in the Genesis, PG & PC Facebook groups? There is at least one member here who knows me from another message board (I am a founder member of The Border, a message board about the Eagles). But this is the first time in many years I have joined a board of this type. I feel honoured to be here.

Incidentally if someone can tell me how to get my signature to show as an image I will be very grateful. I couldn't see any instructions. I'm not going to even think of creating a unique avatar yet.


Hi there and welcome!
Andrew from the Gold Coast here. Always great to have another Aussie on board to back me up! Lol!
If you are looking for Genesis groups on Facebook, one of the best(if I can be so bold) is Genesis Movement on Facebook. You will get your Genesis and solo fix there. Hope you enjoy it and this forum equally
smiley
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
FeelItComing
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1205
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #358 on: Jan 5th, 2016, 8:30pm »

Thank you so much for the welcome! And as you can see I have a signature!
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2016, 8:39pm by FeelItComing » User IP Logged

User Image
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14110
smiley Re: Welcome!
« Reply #359 on: Jan 6th, 2016, 08:53am »

Welcome to the forum, FeelItComing. smiley
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls