Board Logo
« Your next gig/gigs »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 22nd, 2017, 9:15pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223  ...  325 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Your next gig/gigs  (Read 27972 times)
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6373
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3300 on: Jul 8th, 2013, 09:30am »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 02:25am, Lily wrote:
You are going to The Molson Ampitheatre? shocked


I've decided that there are two things that are required before I go see a show here. 1) It's a must see concert. 2) I can get a decent seat.

I'm a big fan of all four artists, and it's been a while since I've seen MMJ. Last time was in Louisville, KY with Eric. They've been in Toronto twice since then. The first time it was the same night as the U2 show, and the other time they played Echo Beach, an even worse venue than the Molson Amp. tongue

Sitting in the center 200s, and ticket prices were reasonable.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4690
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3301 on: Jul 8th, 2013, 4:54pm »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 09:30am, HENRY wrote:
I've decided that there are two things that are required before I go see a show here. 1) It's a must see concert. 2) I can get a decent seat.

I'm a big fan of all four artists, and it's been a while since I've seen MMJ. Last time was in Louisville, KY with Eric. They've been in Toronto twice since then. The first time it was the same night as the U2 show, and the other time they played Echo Beach, an even worse venue than the Molson Amp. tongue

Sitting in the center 200s, and ticket prices were reasonable.


Oh alright then, you sound sane.


If I'm in the mood I may go last minute to the Depeche Mode show. Nothing else grabs me enough though.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2013, 4:54pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6373
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3302 on: Jul 9th, 2013, 02:30am »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 4:54pm, Lily wrote:
Oh alright then, you sound sane.


Hey, let's not get out of hand here.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Dr. John
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 620
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3303 on: Jul 9th, 2013, 5:58pm »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 02:25am, Lily wrote:
Next gig for me is The Eagles this Thursday.


Carmen and I will be there too. Hope you enjoy the show.
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3304 on: Jul 10th, 2013, 10:21am »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 02:39am, Down And Out wrote:
Limehouse Lizzy (Thin Lizzy tribute), Thursday 11th July, Watford

or

Counterfeit Quo (Status Quo tribute), Saturday 13th July, Ruislip.

Can't make both of the last two for various reasons. wink

Limehouse Lizzy it is. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4690
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3305 on: Jul 11th, 2013, 12:14pm »

on Jul 9th, 2013, 5:58pm, Dr. John wrote:
Carmen and I will be there too. Hope you enjoy the show.


You too Dr John! We are in section 107 if you see me wave.
User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3306 on: Jul 13th, 2013, 03:21am »

on Jul 8th, 2013, 02:39am, Down And Out wrote:
Never Forever (Kate Bush tribute), Friday 12th July, Ruislip.

Amazing band! cool I had doubts as to whether anybody could do justice to Kate's vocals, but the young lady in question was spot on. The rest of the band were also very good, featuring a keyboard player, drummer and multi-instrumentalist - guitar, bass, mandolin and additional keyboards. Thoroughly recommended. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3307 on: Jul 15th, 2013, 06:41am »

Who's Who, Saturday 20th July, Putney. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3308 on: Jul 15th, 2013, 06:43am »

Hi there


The Proms on 31st July and 1st August - got to have my fix of culture occasionally ya know!



Alan H
User IP Logged

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2328
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3309 on: Jul 15th, 2013, 07:49am »

on Jul 7th, 2013, 9:03pm, HENRY wrote:
Monday, July 15...

Bob Dylan, Wilco, Richard Thompson,...and some other band, I think...


User Image

wink
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6373
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3310 on: Jul 16th, 2013, 12:46am »

on Jul 15th, 2013, 07:49am, ericm wrote:
User Image

wink


And it was awesome! grin

Feist came onstage with Wilco to play their duet, "You And I". This was announced as part of the Canadianarama portion of the show...with more to come.
Then Richard Thompson joined them for a killer version of "Sloth"...
And then, Feist came back for a duet of Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne", including Thompson...
And then, MMJ joined Wilco to close the set with a killer version of Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl"...
And then...Jeff Tweedy & Jim James joined up with Dylan and his band for a version of "Twelve Gates To The City"...
And then, they both returned for Dylan's encore to play along with "Blowin' In The Wind"...
And then...it was over. undecided


Plus some people spotting in my section...a big Canadian musician originally from Hamilton, a major TV sports/hockey commentator, and a local TV journalist...

And, Dylan's regular guitarist was replaced by a big name Toronto musician, Colin Linden.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2013, 12:55am by HENRY » User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2328
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3311 on: Jul 16th, 2013, 08:59am »

on Jul 16th, 2013, 12:46am, HENRY wrote:
And it was awesome! grin

Feist came onstage with Wilco to play their duet, "You And I". This was announced as part of the Canadianarama portion of the show...with more to come.
Then Richard Thompson joined them for a killer version of "Sloth"...
And then, Feist came back for a duet of Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne", including Thompson...
And then, MMJ joined Wilco to close the set with a killer version of Neil Young's "Cinnamon Girl"...
And then...Jeff Tweedy & Jim James joined up with Dylan and his band for a version of "Twelve Gates To The City"...
And then, they both returned for Dylan's encore to play along with "Blowin' In The Wind"...
And then...it was over. undecided


Plus some people spotting in my section...a big Canadian musician originally from Hamilton, a major TV sports/hockey commentator, and a local TV journalist...

And, Dylan's regular guitarist was replaced by a big name Toronto musician, Colin Linden.


Well that sure sounds like it didn't suck! wink

I'm hoping to get similar non suckyness. I've been wondering if, and when Dylan would collaborate with any of the other artists. When he didn't earlier in the tour with Bob Weir, I thought it might not happen, but lo and behold you got to witness the first one of the tour! Looks like my "hope you get something good" was an understatement. grin

Here's hoping Ryan Bingham brings as much to opening,and collaborating these shows as Bob Weir, and Richard Thompson have. RT is just about done, and Bingham will be opening the remaining shows. Big shoes to fill,IMO.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6373
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3312 on: Jul 16th, 2013, 09:44am »

on Jul 16th, 2013, 08:59am, ericm wrote:
Here's hoping Ryan Bingham brings as much to opening,and collaborating these shows as Bob Weir, and Richard Thompson have. RT is just about done, and Bingham will be opening the remaining shows. Big shoes to fill,IMO.


I was running late all day and ended up missing Richard Thompson's set, just catching the last song. I've been a fan for quite a while. But he was amazing with Wilco; incredible long extended jam with them.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4864
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3313 on: Jul 16th, 2013, 11:43am »

on Jul 16th, 2013, 09:44am, HENRY wrote:
I was running late all day and ended up missing Richard Thompson's set, just catching the last song. I've been a fan for quite a while. But he was amazing with Wilco; incredible long extended jam with them.

I once (ie/ about 20 years ago) met a man who claimed to be Richard Thompson's father. He was working as a barman in the bar at the Dumfries hospital golf club. I have no idea if he was telling the truth, but he would have been retired and apparently Richard's father was from Dumfries, as was Ray Wilson, and about 9 miles away in Dunscore, so was my father. I know. Riveting!
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Dr. John
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 620
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #3314 on: Jul 16th, 2013, 4:46pm »

on Jul 11th, 2013, 12:14pm, Lily wrote:
You too Dr John! We are in section 107 if you see me wave.


We were in 101, but we couldn't see you among the thousands. I thought it was a great show musically. It was really nice to see Bernie Leadon back with them. Don and Glen are a little stiff onstage but Joe Walsh made up for everyone else's lack of energy.
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223  ...  325 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls