Board Logo
« Your next gig/gigs »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 12th, 2017, 5:44pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108  ...  331 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Your next gig/gigs  (Read 4416 times)
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6521
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1575 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:30am »

on Apr 18th, 2011, 10:37pm, HENRY wrote:
Wednesday night...

Ron Sexsmith


Had to work very late...never got to the gig. sad
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6521
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1576 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:31am »

Monday night...

The New Pornographers in Buffalo, NY. cool
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1577 on: Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:44am »

Who's Who (tribute band), Friday 29th April, Ruislip. Now all I need to do is find something to do during the daytime. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1578 on: Apr 24th, 2011, 10:43am »

on Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:44am, Down And Out wrote:
Who's Who (tribute band), Friday 29th April, Ruislip. Now all I need to do is find something to do during the daytime. wink


Snap!! grin

Except for I'm going to see the British Pink Floyd at the NIA, not Who's Who!

If it's another nice sunny day I might go up town early and savour a pint or two at the Malt House before the gig! Maybe I can twist the Hammonds' arms too, it's lovely by the canals when the weather's nice! smiley
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
SteveHammond
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1473
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1579 on: Apr 25th, 2011, 06:54am »

on Apr 24th, 2011, 10:43am, Gabble Ratchet wrote:
Snap!! grin

Except for I'm going to see the British Pink Floyd at the NIA, not Who's Who!

If it's another nice sunny day I might go up town early and savour a pint or two at the Malt House before the gig! Maybe I can twist the Hammonds' arms too, it's lovely by the canals when the weather's nice! smiley


Stackridge at The Stables this Thursday, with Nov
British Pink Floyd, NIA, on Friday, with Lesley (won't need too much arm-twisting for us to join you for a drink by the canal, in this weather grin)
Face Value at Bridgnorth on Saturday
User IP Logged

Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1580 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 2:47pm »

on Apr 25th, 2011, 06:54am, SteveHammond wrote:
British Pink Floyd, NIA, on Friday, with Lesley (won't need too much arm-twisting for us to join you for a drink by the canal, in this weather grin)


Hey Steve, I'm meeting up with some friends and going to the free Rush Hour Blues thing at Symphony Hall bar first (5.30-7.00) Have you ever been? It's really good sometimes. Generally blues or jazz. It's fun people watching too! grin Some real odd-balls go! (That's probably why I fit in!)
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
SteveHammond
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1473
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1581 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 3:07pm »

on Apr 26th, 2011, 2:47pm, Gabble Ratchet wrote:
Hey Steve, I'm meeting up with some friends and going to the free Rush Hour Blues thing at Symphony Hall bar first (5.30-7.00) Have you ever been? It's really good sometimes. Generally blues or jazz. It's fun people watching too! grin Some real odd-balls go! (That's probably why I fit in!)


Hi Lesley,

Yes, we went to see a young jazz band, all from Birmingham Conservatoire; brilliant young musicians. It's a fantastic way to promote talent and a great free show for music lovers. There are blues and folk events as well. We'll struggle to make it this week but will certainly be going again sometime.

We'll see you at The Malt House about 7.15-7.30.

Steve
User IP Logged

Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1582 on: Apr 26th, 2011, 3:11pm »

on Apr 26th, 2011, 3:07pm, SteveHammond wrote:
Hi Lesley,

Yes, we went to see a young jazz band, all from Birmingham Conservatoire; brilliant young musicians. It's a fantastic way to promote talent and a great free show for music lovers. There are blues and folk events as well. We'll struggle to make it this week but will certainly be going again sometime.

We'll see you at The Malt House about 7.15-7.30.

Steve


Ok Steve. Looking forward to it! Still no takers for the other ticket yet! Hope your mate can make it! smiley
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1583 on: Apr 30th, 2011, 05:28am »

on Apr 23rd, 2011, 07:44am, Down And Out wrote:
Who's Who (tribute band), Friday 29th April, Ruislip. Now all I need to do is find something to do during the daytime. wink

Great band. Second time I've seen them, but this time they were definitely louder. In fact they were the loudest tribute band I've ever heard and my ears are still ringing. shocked The lead singer did a great job, the guitarist and bassist were very solid but the star was again the drummer. He really does drum and act like Keith Moon reincarnated. cool My favourite track was once again Won't Get Fooled Again - I just lurve that song. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1584 on: Apr 30th, 2011, 06:21am »

on Apr 30th, 2011, 05:28am, Down And Out wrote:
Great band. Second time I've seen them, but this time they were definitely louder. In fact they were the loudest tribute band I've ever heard and my ears are still ringing. shocked The lead singer did a great job, the guitarist and bassist were very solid but the star was again the drummer. He really does drum and act like Keith Moon reincarnated. cool My favourite track was once again Won't Get Fooled Again - I just lurve that song. smiley


I HATE it when it's too loud! What are they trying to achieve? Glad you enjoyed it though, Nige!

My next gig? Tonight! Face Value at Bridgenorth! smiley
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1585 on: Apr 30th, 2011, 06:34am »

on Apr 30th, 2011, 06:21am, Gabble Ratchet wrote:
I HATE it when it's too loud! What are they trying to achieve? Glad you enjoyed it though, Nige!

My next gig? Tonight! Face Value at Bridgenorth! smiley

Thanks Lesley. Hope the British Pink Floyd were good. Enjoy Face Value tonight and say hello to any forumites from me. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
RedHead
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 142
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1586 on: Apr 30th, 2011, 08:20am »

Same as Lesley, Face Value at Bridgnorth, small venue, like being in someone's sitting room.
User IP Logged

Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1587 on: May 1st, 2011, 03:50am »

Just sitting here wondering how many gigs I've been to already this year!

Next one's next Saturday - G2 at Solihull. smiley
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1588 on: May 1st, 2011, 03:52am »

Dizzy Lizzy (Thin Lizzy tribute band), Friday 6th May, Ruislip.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Gabble Ratchet
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 19139
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1589 on: May 1st, 2011, 03:54am »

on May 1st, 2011, 03:52am, Down And Out wrote:
Dizzy Lizzy (Thin Lizzy tribute band), Friday 6th May, Ruislip.


I saw them at the Roadhouse a while back. Have you seen them before, Nige?
User IP Logged

Make the most of all you still have coming to you!
Do as you would be done by!
Don't get mad, get even!
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108  ...  331 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls