Board Logo
« Your next gig/gigs »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2017, 05:20am


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81  ...  326 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Your next gig/gigs  (Read 33937 times)
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6404
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1170 on: Jun 16th, 2010, 3:22pm »

Philip David Charles Collins next week in NYC. Woo!
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13419
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1171 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 07:13am »

on Jun 16th, 2010, 2:38pm, Mal wrote:
Curved Air - Yeovil July 5th cool



Sounds great Mal cool
User IP Logged

demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13419
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1172 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 07:16am »

Confirmed: 3 MMEB gigs in Germany 20-22 August. Really looking forward to a good blow out with this mini tour!
User IP Logged

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2329
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1173 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 09:22am »

Tonight - Steve Hackett @ Nearfest in PA. smiley
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Dr. John
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 631
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1174 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 11:25am »

on May 28th, 2010, 12:03pm, HENRY wrote:
The New Pornographers - June 15


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpZa8Ie1FEU


Didn't see you there. What did you think?

I thought they played quite well and played a nice range of songs from all the albums. I was surprised they didn't feature a few more from Together though. Neko was in fine form as usual, but I was impressed by Kathryn Calder. She seemed to have gained a lot of confidence since the last time I saw the band live. Kurt Dahle on drums was also great - almost a bit Keith Moon-esque with his drum stick twirling.

-John
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6404
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1175 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 11:45am »

on Jun 18th, 2010, 11:25am, Dr. John wrote:
Didn't see you there. What did you think?

I thought they played quite well and played a nice range of songs from all the albums. I was surprised they didn't feature a few more from Together though. Neko was in fine form as usual, but I was impressed by Kathryn Calder. She seemed to have gained a lot of confidence since the last time I saw the band live. Kurt Dahle on drums was also great - almost a bit Keith Moon-esque with his drum stick twirling.

-John


I feel silly saying this, but I think I did see you...but I wasn't sure if it was you. Were you standing near the front, left side of the stage?

I thought the show was great. Sound was good, vocals nicely balanced. I was very disappointed that they didn't play "My Rights", but made up for it with "Go Places". Yes, I thought Kathryn sounded quite good. She should be featured more often. But what the hell is up with that Dan Bejar guy? huh

Of course, Neko was amazing. I get the impression that I will be the recipient of a court restraining order in the near future...

Thanks again for drawing my attention to these guys.
I am now officially a huge fan. cool
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
carpetwalker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 874
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1176 on: Jun 18th, 2010, 12:05pm »

Paul McCartney next Saturday...June 26th ....supported by the Manic Street Preachers....what a rocking show that's gonna be....
User IP Logged

OwenTheBarrel
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1233
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1177 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 05:21am »

on Jun 18th, 2010, 12:05pm, carpetwalker wrote:
Paul McCartney next Saturday...June 26th ....supported by the Manic Street Preachers....what a rocking show that's gonna be....


I saw PAul at the Isle Of Wight, and he was incredible. ENJOY cool
User IP Logged

User Image
Rail
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 289
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1178 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 07:11am »

Them Crooked Vultures at Brixton in july courtesy of my son who's bought me a ticket for Fathers Day. Finally i get to see the Grohlmeister at the drums cheesy cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2010, 11:14am by Rail » User IP Logged

Gimme steam....
LosEndosKeys
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2583
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1179 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 07:32am »

Supertramp in October................. wink

R
Alan
User IP Logged

Why Aye Man!

www.losendos.co.uk
User Image
demolition man
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 13419
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1180 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 08:18am »

on Jun 20th, 2010, 07:32am, LosEndosKeys wrote:
Supertramp in October................. wink

R
Alan



You lucky man! cool
User IP Logged

Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1181 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 2:02pm »

I saw Muse past Wesneday in Madrid and the concert was brilliant, maybe not my favourite band of course, but they sounded perfect and the show was truly effectist. smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2010, 2:08pm by Paloma » User IP Logged

Live and let live.
carpetwalker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 874
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1182 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 2:09pm »

on Jun 20th, 2010, 05:21am, OwenTheBarrel wrote:
I saw PAul at the Isle Of Wight, and he was incredible. ENJOY cool


Thanks Owen....I'm sure I'll enjoy that show!!!!
User IP Logged

Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1183 on: Jun 20th, 2010, 2:47pm »

Hope to see IO earth in Brum Friday x
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Dr. John
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 631
xx Re: Your next gig/gigs
« Reply #1184 on: Jun 21st, 2010, 12:29pm »

on Jun 18th, 2010, 11:45am, HENRY wrote:
I feel silly saying this, but I think I did see you...but I wasn't sure if it was you. Were you standing near the front, left side of the stage?

I thought the show was great. Sound was good, vocals nicely balanced. I was very disappointed that they didn't play "My Rights", but made up for it with "Go Places". Yes, I thought Kathryn sounded quite good. She should be featured more often. But what the hell is up with that Dan Bejar guy? huh

Of course, Neko was amazing. I get the impression that I will be the recipient of a court restraining order in the near future...

Thanks again for drawing my attention to these guys.
I am now officially a huge fan. cool


Yes I was at the front left (Neko) side. No worries if you weren't sure.

Dan Bejar is not exactly a scintillating stage presence. I originally didn't like his songs much on the earlier albums and felt he was an unnecessary addition to the mix. But his songs for Together are pretty good, so I am tolerating his presence more.

I'd think it would be great to hear Kathryn do lead vocals on a song at some point. It's tough to be a female vocalist in a band that already has Neko.

-John
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81  ...  326 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls