Board Logo
« Recent purchases »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 27th, 2017, 3:38pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45  ...  180 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 88567 times)
Hunter Salmacis
Moonlit Knight
ImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 55
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #630 on: Oct 7th, 2011, 11:12am »

What counts as a purchase these days?

Albums recently downloaded as offline playlists on my mobile - from spotify:

Bon Iver - Bon Iver
My Morning Jacket - Circuital
Nils Petter Molvaer - Baboon Moon
Wilco - The Whole Love
Mastodon - The Hunter
Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning
Yes - Fly From Here
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Tinariwen - Tassili
Them Crooked Vulture - Them Crooked Vultures
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #631 on: Oct 7th, 2011, 3:58pm »

User Image

THE SUBMARINES - DECLARE A NEW STATE

Happy, peppy, snappy, folksy, California-style pop. Except for the melancholy songs written while the band's two leaders were going through a divorce. (They've put out two more albums since splitting-up though.)
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6441
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #632 on: Oct 8th, 2011, 4:07pm »

User Image

180g LP
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Mal
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Somethings changed, that's not your face, IT'S MINE!!!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5247
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #633 on: Oct 9th, 2011, 3:01pm »

User Image
User IP Logged

You're naive if you really do believe
That the world is so full of sin

peng
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1125
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #634 on: Oct 10th, 2011, 08:23am »

on Oct 7th, 2011, 11:12am, Hunter Salmacis wrote:
What counts as a purchase these days?

Albums recently downloaded as offline playlists on my mobile - from spotify:

Bon Iver - Bon Iver
My Morning Jacket - Circuital
Nils Petter Molvaer - Baboon Moon
Wilco - The Whole Love
Mastodon - The Hunter
Steven Wilson - Grace for Drowning
Yes - Fly From Here
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
Tinariwen - Tassili
Them Crooked Vulture - Them Crooked Vultures


I have 4 of these and 2 more are by bands/artists I like well and should get, so --

Them Crooked Vultures - what great raw rock, and with John Paul Jones!!

Yes - not really a return to form, but a little better than I expected

Fleet Foxes - not quite as fantastic overall as the first CD and as a few songs from the EP, but there are some very solid tunes on this, including the title track

Wilco - just top notch new album, I am so happy!

Bon Iver - loved the first CD, should get the new one

MMJ - love a couple of their discs and have seen 2 great shows, so maybe I should check that out ...
User IP Logged

come and play in the milky night
swallow the rapture
anaesthetist
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 942
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #635 on: Oct 11th, 2011, 09:41am »

I bought a few at the Summer's End Fest and now have too much to listen too rolleyes

Credo-Against Reason
The Tangent-Comm
Magenta-Home
Magenta-Chameleon
Arena-Pepper's Ghost

And when I got home,there was a few waiting for me behind the door

Peter Gabriel-New Blood
Elbow-The Seldom Seen Kid
Bjork-Biophilia
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6441
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #636 on: Oct 12th, 2011, 01:38am »

User Image

2 CD


User Image

CD


User Image

2 CD
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5118
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #637 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 12:57pm »

I am back after a long holiday and have recently purchased:

Touchstone - The City Sleeps
Agents of Mercy - The Black Forest
Opeth - Heritage
Pain of Salvation - Salt Road part 2
Steve Wilson - Grace for drowning (both double Cd and blu ray versions)
Rick Wakeman - Bootleg Box Volume 1
Tangent - Comm
Ultraviolet Day Dream - Redshift
Winter Tree- Winter Tree
Submarines - Declare a new state
Cozmic Box - Flame of Truth
Blancmange - Believe youe me (extended version)
Blancmange - Happy Families (extended version)
Blancmange - Mange Tout (extended version)
Chris Rea - Santo Spirito Blues
Indigo - Just a Dream
Subsignal - Touchstones
Yesterdays - Colours Caffee
Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymn
Leprous - Bilateral
Alpha Wave Movement - Myriad Stars
Robert Schroeder - Club Chill Volume 1
David Wright - The Spirit of Light
User IP Logged

ChocolateSurprise
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Choccy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 24152
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #638 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:04pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 12:57pm, NedFlanders wrote:
I am back after a long holiday and have recently purchased:

Touchstone - The City Sleeps
Agents of Mercy - The Black Forest
Opeth - Heritage
Pain of Salvation - Salt Road part 2
Steve Wilson - Grace for drowning (both double Cd and blu ray versions)
Rick Wakeman - Bootleg Box Volume 1
Tangent - Comm
Ultraviolet Day Dream - Redshift
Winter Tree- Winter Tree
Submarines - Declare a new state
Cozmic Box - Flame of Truth
Blancmange - Believe youe me (extended version)
Blancmange - Happy Families (extended version)
Blancmange - Mange Tout (extended version)
Chris Rea - Santo Spirito Blues
Indigo - Just a Dream
Subsignal - Touchstones
Yesterdays - Colours Caffee
Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymn
Leprous - Bilateral
Alpha Wave Movement - Myriad Stars
Robert Schroeder - Club Chill Volume 1
David Wright - The Spirit of Light


grin grin

You'll need a holiday to listen to them David! grin

(hope you had a great time) xx
User IP Logged

Can she fail armed with her Chocolate Surprise?!

NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5118
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #639 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:18pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 1:04pm, ChocolateSurprise wrote:
grin grin

You'll need a holiday to listen to them David! grin

(hope you had a great time) xx


Just thought that I did not have enough music in my collection.
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you can't see light for darkness, just keep moving and you will come to a better place


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19073
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #640 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:24pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 12:57pm, NedFlanders wrote:
I am back after a long holiday and have recently purchased:

Touchstone - The City Sleeps
Agents of Mercy - The Black Forest
Opeth - Heritage

Pain of Salvation - Salt Road part 2
Steve Wilson - Grace for drowning (both double Cd and blu ray versions)
Rick Wakeman - Bootleg Box Volume 1
Tangent - CommUltraviolet Day Dream - Redshift
Winter Tree- Winter Tree
Submarines - Declare a new state
Cozmic Box - Flame of Truth
Blancmange - Believe youe me (extended version)
Blancmange - Happy Families (extended version)
Blancmange - Mange Tout (extended version)
Chris Rea - Santo Spirito Blues
Indigo - Just a Dream
Subsignal - Touchstones
Yesterdays - Colours Caffee
Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymn
Leprous - Bilateral
Alpha Wave Movement - Myriad Stars
Robert Schroeder - Club Chill Volume 1
David Wright - The Spirit of Light


Welcome back, Sir Ned! Hope you enjoyed your Florida vacation smiley

I, too, purchased some items that are in your list (in red), and I'm still enjoying everything you sent me before your trip.

Other recent purchases include
Proto-Kaw - Forth
Phideaux - Snowtorch
Thomas Dolby - A Map To The Floating City (pre-ordered)
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless
(remastered and expanded)

Of these, I've listened to the Phideaux, Agents Of Mercy and Proto-Kaw discs, all of which will rank very high on my list of best of 2011.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:38pm by CountingOutTime » User IP Logged

Born British-Canadian - Raised American
User Image
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5118
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #641 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:27pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 1:24pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Welcome back, Sir Ned! Hope you enjoyed your Florida vacation smiley

I, too, purchased some items that are in your list (in red), and I'm still enjoying everything you sent me before your trip.

Other recent purchases include
Proto-Kaw - Forth
Phideaux - Snowtorch
Thomas Dolby - A Map To The Floating City
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age Of Wireless
(remastered and expanded)


Florida gave me more than a holiday as I am off work with a bad dose of the flu (was due back today). I became ill on Saturday and the flight home was a nightmare but I am on the mend -slowly of course.

Drop me a list of anything you want (whether mentioned or not) and I will take care of that for you.
User IP Logged

slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4571
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #642 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:31pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 12:57pm, NedFlanders wrote:
Subsignal - Touchstones

What do you think of it?
User IP Logged

User Image
ChocolateSurprise
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Choccy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 24152
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #643 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:32pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 1:18pm, NedFlanders wrote:
Just thought that I did not have enough music in my collection.


rolleyes

I agree, I'd hate you to run out of stuff to listen to! laugh
User IP Logged

Can she fail armed with her Chocolate Surprise?!

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you can't see light for darkness, just keep moving and you will come to a better place


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19073
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #644 on: Oct 13th, 2011, 1:33pm »

on Oct 13th, 2011, 1:27pm, NedFlanders wrote:
Florida gave me more than a holiday as I am off work with a bad dose of the flu (was due back today). I became ill on Saturday and the flight home was a nightmare but I am on the mend -slowly of course.

Drop me a list of anything you want (whether mentioned or not) and I will take care of that for you.


Sorry you're not feeling well, my friend. Did you get a flu shot? I just received mine this week, so hopefully it works and I don't get sick as well.

Thanks for the kind offer and, likewise, if you see anything you want please let me know wink
User IP Logged

Born British-Canadian - Raised American
User Image
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45  ...  180 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls