Board Logo
« Recent purchases »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 28th, 2017, 7:16pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  180 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 84566 times)
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19557
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #255 on: Oct 20th, 2010, 10:23am »

My next purchase will be the remastered 'The Wake' box set, by IQ.
Might wait and read a few reviews of it first though... wink
User IP Logged

Hoggy
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #256 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 2:57pm »

on Oct 19th, 2010, 10:40am, Lily wrote:
Shoot I was just looking at this last night and wondering if it was worth getting when one already has the Live at Albert Hall DVD.

Let us know how you like it Henry. Has anybody else here seen both of them?
Well personally I think Live in Gdansk is up there with When in Rome and Live Over Europe. Cracking version of Echoes and also Richard Wright's last gig (I think). There is no comparison, much as I like the Royal Albert Hall DVD as well.
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6419
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #257 on: Oct 22nd, 2010, 11:34pm »

User Image

45 RPM Vinyl


User Image

LP
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9245
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #258 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:40am »

User Image
User IP Logged

martintea
Guest
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #259 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 6:23pm »

on Oct 20th, 2010, 10:23am, Chessman wrote:
My next purchase will be the remastered 'The Wake' box set, by IQ.
Might wait and read a few reviews of it first though... wink


I have it.TBH The Wake isn`t one of my favourite IQ albums and of course this is what you get..

•the remastered version of the album
•two additional discs with:
work in progress rough mixes
•studio outtakes
•demos
•writing sessions
•a fourth disc (DVD) containing:
•47 minutes of ultra-rare live video from 1984 (the oldest existing footage of the band)
•a full album video commentary by Peter Nicholls, Mike Holmes and Paul Cook
•the multitrack files for a DIY-mix of the song “Corners“
•2 and a half hours of additional audio-material and interviews as mp3 files.
•a 60-page-full-colour-booklet featuring an in-depth account of the making of the album, illustrated with rare unseen photographs and contributions from all members of the band.
•there is also a double-sided poster featuring the album artwork and memorabilia

So if several versions of the same song is your sort of thing you`ll be quite happy.
The`47 minutes of ultra-rare live video from 1984`has appalling picture quality by the way.
Still,as a fan,you have to have it don`t you wink
User IP Logged

mightyk
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

EYE LAZORS


Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 615
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #260 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 8:37pm »

Yesterday I bought this on CD:

User Image

and today I bought this on vinyl:

User Image
User IP Logged

Genesis-related artists seen live: Genesis, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Daryl Stuermer, The Musical Box.
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6419
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #261 on: Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:23pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 8:37pm, mightyk wrote:
User Image



User Image
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Chessman
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Sending Ripples To Entangle You!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19557
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #262 on: Oct 24th, 2010, 09:46am »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 6:23pm, martintea wrote:
I have it.TBH The Wake isn`t one of my favourite IQ albums and of course this is what you get..

•the remastered version of the album
•two additional discs with:
work in progress rough mixes
•studio outtakes
•demos
•writing sessions
•a fourth disc (DVD) containing:
•47 minutes of ultra-rare live video from 1984 (the oldest existing footage of the band)
•a full album video commentary by Peter Nicholls, Mike Holmes and Paul Cook
•the multitrack files for a DIY-mix of the song “Corners“
•2 and a half hours of additional audio-material and interviews as mp3 files.
•a 60-page-full-colour-booklet featuring an in-depth account of the making of the album, illustrated with rare unseen photographs and contributions from all members of the band.
•there is also a double-sided poster featuring the album artwork and memorabilia

So if several versions of the same song is your sort of thing you`ll be quite happy.
The`47 minutes of ultra-rare live video from 1984`has appalling picture quality by the way.
Still,as a fan,you have to have it don`t you wink


Seems you are a fan then Martin. grin

It's the main album that interests me, though I'll defo take a look at the rest of the material. wink
User IP Logged

mightyk
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

EYE LAZORS


Homepage PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 615
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #263 on: Oct 24th, 2010, 5:47pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 10:23pm, HENRY wrote:
User Image


...and I only paid $4.20 USD for it... grin

It's in decent condition, has the original MFSL inner sleeve and everything, very nice.
« Last Edit: Oct 24th, 2010, 5:49pm by mightyk » User IP Logged

Genesis-related artists seen live: Genesis, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Daryl Stuermer, The Musical Box.
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6419
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #264 on: Oct 25th, 2010, 11:02am »

on Oct 24th, 2010, 5:47pm, mightyk wrote:
...and I only paid $4.20 USD for it... grin

It's in decent condition, has the original MFSL inner sleeve and everything, very nice.


I used to have an "audiophile series" edition way back when, but I think I wore it out. undecided

Not long ago I picked up a 180g A&M reissue that is very nice, but a good MoFi copy would be ideal. They seem to be coming out with a lot of new stuff lately. Hopefully they'll do this one again. cool
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5099
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #265 on: Oct 25th, 2010, 3:33pm »

3 tasty albums arrived today:

Lunatic Soul II (Riverside's main man's second solo album)

Manning - 'Charlestown'

Radio Massacre International - 'Time and Motion'

Also recently received from a good source:

Glass Hammer 'If'

Tinyfish - 'The Big Red Spark'
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you can't see light for darkness, just keep moving and you will come to a better place


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19046
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #266 on: Oct 27th, 2010, 06:55am »

Glass Hammer - "Lex Live" DVD
User Image

This is an amazing performance by the legendary 8-member lineup; one of America's leading progressive rock bands, recorded at Nearfest 2003.

I love the way GH's songs take you on a journey, and the music is always top notch. The gig includes music from Lex Rex, Chronometree and Perelandra.

Highly recommended!
User IP Logged

Born British-Canadian - Raised American
User Image
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4932
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #267 on: Oct 27th, 2010, 08:42am »

The Ray Thomas box set, signed & personalised.

But here's the good bit. I put the old 2 Threshold 1989 release CD's on Ebay, and they sold for just over what I paid for the box set! laugh
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5099
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #268 on: Oct 27th, 2010, 08:44am »

on Oct 27th, 2010, 08:42am, foxfeeder wrote:
The Ray Thomas box set, signed & personalised.

But here's the good bit. I put the old 2 Threshold 1989 release CD's on Ebay, and they sold for just over what I paid for the box set! laugh


Interested to learn if the sound quality has been significantly improved over the original CDs.
User IP Logged

Tangent
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

So what if I don't like Phil Collins? Deal with it!


PM


Posts: 4368
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #269 on: Oct 27th, 2010, 09:16am »

on Oct 23rd, 2010, 8:37pm, mightyk wrote:
and today I bought this on vinyl:

User Image


Still have my original vinyl.... A complete & utter masterpiece. smiley
User IP Logged

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed"

Mark Twain

"Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul"

Samuel Ullman

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20  ...  180 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls