Board Logo
« Recent purchases »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2017, 3:53pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142  ...  179 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Recent purchases  (Read 79991 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2085 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 02:23am »

on Jun 2nd, 2014, 06:09am, Down And Out wrote:
Just out of interest, how do you decide whether to buy a physical CD or download from iTunes?

on Jun 2nd, 2014, 09:08am, foxfeeder wrote:
I'm guessing, in no particular order, cost, speed of delivery, whether the album is segued or not.

It would be nice if NSOV himself answered my question. It was after all a genuine question and not a comment or criticism. undecided
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4873
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2086 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:52am »

on Jun 3rd, 2014, 02:23am, Down And Out wrote:
It would be nice if NSOV himself answered my question. It was after all a genuine question and not a comment or criticism. undecided


Sadly, my cattle prod isn't long enough.

(And that's not a euphemism) grin
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2087 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 2:05pm »

on Jun 3rd, 2014, 10:52am, foxfeeder wrote:
Sadly, my cattle prod isn't long enough.

(And that's not a euphemism) grin

Nothing to do with the length of your cattle prod. grin Seems he can't be bothered to answer my question. Maybe I've upset him or maybe I've asked a similar question before. undecided
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13984
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2088 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 2:16pm »

on Jun 3rd, 2014, 02:23am, Down And Out wrote:
It would be nice if NSOV himself answered my question. It was after all a genuine question and not a comment or criticism. undecided

Sorry, Nigel - I didn't think I would need to check this thread for replies. embarassed

With regards to your question, it's kind of complicated. Firstly, I treated myself to two iTunes cards on my last week of university, and just used them on whatever I liked. However, I make sure to buy things on iTunes if it's necessary - for example, if the album I want to buy is a lengthy live album and it's available for purchase on iTunes, especially by an obscure group, I prefer to buy a digital version.

Also, I usually buy CDs that I know that my Dad would also enjoy, as he always plays music in the car on the way to work. For example, my Dad loves Dire Straits and so I purchased their first two albums (the only ones we didn't have) and now he can listen to them on CD whenever he pleases. I also buy albums on CD if it's for a great price on Amazon or in HMV.

If I have no iTunes cards handy, I'll just wait until I'm able to buy one. If the album I want is unavailable on the iTunes Store though, I'll have to buy the CD (this is what I had to do for Pendragon's Out Of Order Comes Chaos). Lastly, if I consider an iTunes-bought album good enough to go on a CD, I'll just burn it.
« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2014, 2:18pm by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2089 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 2:24pm »

on Jun 3rd, 2014, 2:16pm, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Sorry, Nigel - I didn't think I would need to check this thread for replies. embarassed

With regards to your question, it's kind of complicated. Firstly, I treated myself to two iTunes cards on my last week of university, and just used them on whatever I liked. However, I make sure to buy things on iTunes if it's necessary - for example, if the album I want to buy is a lengthy live album and it's available for purchase on iTunes, especially by an obscure group, I prefer to buy a digital version.

Also, I usually buy CDs that I know that my Dad would also enjoy, as he always plays music in the car on the way to work. For example, my Dad loves Dire Straits and so I purchased their first two albums (the only ones we didn't have) and now he can listen to them on CD whenever he pleases. I also buy albums on CD if it's for a great price on Amazon or in HMV.

If I have no iTunes cards handy, I'll just wait until I'm able to buy one. If the album I want is unavailable on the iTunes Store though, I'll have to buy the CD (this is what I had to do for Pendragon's Out Of Order Comes Chaos). Lastly, if I consider an iTunes-bought album good enough to go on a CD, I'll just burn it.

No problem Thomas. Recent events on this forum have made me more paranoid than normal. Thanks for your reply. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6386
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2090 on: Jun 3rd, 2014, 5:59pm »

User Image



« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2014, 09:37am by HENRY » User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9223
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2091 on: Jun 6th, 2014, 08:49am »

Woohoo, a package just arrived from my favorite eBay Seller!


User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

cool
User IP Logged

supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4206
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2092 on: Jun 6th, 2014, 1:43pm »

Encore Live in Manchester So Back To Front Tour arrived while I was at work smiley
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you can't see light for darkness, just keep moving and you will come to a better place


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 18976
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2093 on: Jun 6th, 2014, 2:00pm »

Syzygy - 'A Glorious Disturbance'
User Image
User IP Logged

Born British-Canadian - Raised American
User Image
supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4206
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2094 on: Jun 7th, 2014, 12:12pm »

on Jun 6th, 2014, 2:00pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Syzygy - 'A Glorious Disturbance'
User Image


Excellent smiley

Anathema-Distant Satellites arrived today
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2273
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2095 on: Jun 9th, 2014, 3:41pm »

User Image
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6386
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2096 on: Jun 12th, 2014, 09:43am »

User Image
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9223
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2097 on: Jun 12th, 2014, 10:19am »

Henry needs this:

User Image

I haven't purchased it yet, but it's in my Cart. (I have to wait another two weeks so I can justify it as a birthday present. grin )
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6386
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2098 on: Jun 12th, 2014, 12:54pm »

on Jun 12th, 2014, 10:19am, Dust wrote:
Henry needs this:...

You're absolutely correct, I do...and don't think that I haven't considered it.

Difficult for me to justify getting yet another reissue of GYBR (I passed on the recent yellow vinyl release), but this box set looks like it has some nice extra material. I already have the B-sides and non-album tracks. It's the live stuff and the DVD that would be the reason for me to take the plunge.

User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

If you can't see light for darkness, just keep moving and you will come to a better place


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 18976
xx Re: Recent purchases
« Reply #2099 on: Jun 13th, 2014, 09:31am »

IZZ - 'Live' DVD
User Image

Heretics - 'Dream The Electric Sleep'
User Image

Huis - 'Despite Guardian Angels'
User Image
User IP Logged

Born British-Canadian - Raised American
User Image
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142  ...  179 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls