Board Logo
« Do the shuffle! »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 28th, 2017, 5:41pm


Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  28 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Do the shuffle!  (Read 12118 times)
Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4060
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #105 on: Jul 12th, 2011, 3:22pm »

  1. Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O'Love
  2. Yes - To Be Over
  3. Genesis - Duchess
  4. Genesis - Drum Duet (Lyceum '80)
  5. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (Live - Is There Anybody Out There?)
  6. Mark Mancina - The Gorillas (from the Tarzan Soundtrack)
  7. Genesis - Supper's Ready (Live - Archive 1)
  8. Queen - Somebody To Love
  9. The Rusty Blues (a friend's band) - The Road
  10. Pavlov's Dog - Calling Out For Mine (um...)
  11. Genesis - Duke's Travels (Live - Lyceum '80)
  12. AEON ZEN - Demise of the Fifth Sun (from Prognosis 13 from Classic Rock Presents Prog, which I have listened to once and not been terribly impressed)
  13. Pink Floyd - Fat Old Sun (Live - some 1971 bootleg)
  14. Genesis - Los Endos (Live - Montreal '80)
  15. David Gilmour - On An Island (Live - Remember That Night) I do like these songs as something to relax to cool
  16. The Beautiful South - Foundations
  17. Dream Theater - The Root Of All Evil
  18. Coldplay - 42 (everything from Viva La Vida and Prospekt's March has a special resonance with me smiley
  19. Aretha Franklin - Respect
  20. Phil Collins & Mark Mancina - Two Worlds [Finale]


Some good songs, a bit iffy in the middle grin but nice to hear Yes (To Be Over) - I had forgotten about Relayer for a while.
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #106 on: Jul 13th, 2011, 04:18am »

on Jul 12th, 2011, 3:22pm, Merryman72 wrote:
  1. Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O'Love
  2. Yes - To Be Over
  3. Genesis - Duchess
  4. Genesis - Drum Duet (Lyceum '80)
  5. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (Live - Is There Anybody Out There?)
  6. Mark Mancina - The Gorillas (from the Tarzan Soundtrack)
  7. Genesis - Supper's Ready (Live - Archive 1)
  8. Queen - Somebody To Love
  9. The Rusty Blues (a friend's band) - The Road
  10. Pavlov's Dog - Calling Out For Mine (um...)
  11. Genesis - Duke's Travels (Live - Lyceum '80)
  12. AEON ZEN - Demise of the Fifth Sun (from Prognosis 13 from Classic Rock Presents Prog, which I have listened to once and not been terribly impressed)
  13. Pink Floyd - Fat Old Sun (Live - some 1971 bootleg)
  14. Genesis - Los Endos (Live - Montreal '80)
  15. David Gilmour - On An Island (Live - Remember That Night) I do like these songs as something to relax to cool
  16. The Beautiful South - Foundations
  17. Dream Theater - The Root Of All Evil
  18. Coldplay - 42 (everything from Viva La Vida and Prospekt's March has a special resonance with me smiley
  19. Aretha Franklin - Respect
  20. Phil Collins & Mark Mancina - Two Worlds [Finale]


Some good songs, a bit iffy in the middle grin but nice to hear Yes (To Be Over) - I had forgotten about Relayer for a while.

Some good stuff there. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
peng
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1125
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #107 on: Jul 13th, 2011, 08:49am »

Jackson 5 -- ABC
Peter Gabriel -- Games Without Frontiers
The Decemberists -- The Hazards of Love (IV)
Wilco - Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
Stereolab -- We're Not Adult Orientated (pt II)
Phish -- Cavern
Band of Horses -- I go to the Barn Because I Like the ...
My Morning Jacket -- One Big Holiday
REM -- Departure
Okkervil River -- Our Life is not a Movie or Maybe ...

User IP Logged

come and play in the milky night
swallow the rapture
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #108 on: Jul 13th, 2011, 10:43am »

on Jul 13th, 2011, 08:49am, peng wrote:
Jackson 5 -- ABC
Peter Gabriel -- Games Without Frontiers
The Decemberists -- The Hazards of Love (IV)
Wilco - Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
Stereolab -- We're Not Adult Orientated (pt II)
Phish -- Cavern
Band of Horses -- I go to the Barn Because I Like the ...
My Morning Jacket -- One Big Holiday
REM -- Departure
Okkervil River -- Our Life is not a Movie or Maybe ...


Play by the rules - it's supposed to be 20 tracks. angry Only joking of course. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #109 on: Aug 21st, 2011, 11:57am »

The "late summer afternoon" shuffle:

1. Sting - Epilogue (Nothing 'Bout Me)
2. Led Zeppelin - Moby Dick
3. Marillion - Jigsaw [Live]
4. Crowded House - Locked Out
5. Rush - The Body Electric
6. Fish - Favourite Stranger
7. Muse - Undisclosed Desires
8. Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead Or Alive
9. Radiohead - High And Dry
10. Bryan Adams - It's Only Love [Live]
11. Snow Patrol - We Can Run Away Now They're All Dead And Gone
12. Coldplay - Death And All His Friends
13. Pat Benatar - Wide Awake In Dreamland
14. The Alan Parsons Project - Prime Time
15. Pink Floyd - Round And Around [Live]
16. Muse - New Born
17. Genesis - Tonight, Tonight, Tonight [Live]
18. Marillion - Dry Land
19. Peter Gabriel - Kiss Of Life
20. Pink Floyd - The Gunner's Dream
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #110 on: Aug 29th, 2011, 2:24pm »

A Post-Hurricane Shuffle:

Traffic - Empty Pages
Annie Lennox - Bitter Pill
XTC - The Smartest Monkeys
The Who - Quadrophenia
Rolling Stones - The Last Time
Green Day - When I Come Around
Johnny Lang - There's Gotta Be A Change
Elvis Costello - She Was No Good
Eric Clapton - Run So Far
The Flower Kings - Silent Inferno
Tony Banks - After The Lie
Jeff Beck - Rice Pudding
The Police - Omegaman
Marillion - Voice In The Crowd
Elton John - Grey Seal
Wyclef Jean - Redemption Song
Aimee Mann - Goodbye Caroline
The Pineapple Thief - I Will Light Up Your Eyes
Yes - And You And I
Jean Luc Ponty - Individual Choice

cool
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #111 on: Sep 16th, 2011, 08:16am »

The Hurry-Back-Nigel Shuffle:

Tom Petty - Wake Up Time
Billy Bragg - Rumours Of War
Tori Amos - Flavor
The Moody Blues - The Voice
Genesis - The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging
Paul Simon - Have A Good Time
Peter Gabriel - I Grieve
Oingo Boingo - Little Girls
Annie Lennox - Honestly
The Psychedelic Furs - The Ghost In You
Renaissance - Mother Russia
XTC - Ten Feet Tall
Porcupine Tree - Signify II
Steve Hackett - Dance On A Volcano
Sarah McLachlan - Sweet Surrender
The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton
Warren Zevon - Accidentally Like A Martyr
Genesis - Snowbound
Sting - All This Time
Elbow - Crawling With Idiots

cool
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #112 on: Sep 19th, 2011, 05:10am »

on Sep 16th, 2011, 08:16am, Dust wrote:
The Hurry-Back-Nigel Shuffle:

Tom Petty - Wake Up Time
Billy Bragg - Rumours Of War
Tori Amos - Flavor
The Moody Blues - The Voice
Genesis - The Grand Parade Of Lifeless Packaging
Paul Simon - Have A Good Time
Peter Gabriel - I Grieve
Oingo Boingo - Little Girls
Annie Lennox - Honestly
The Psychedelic Furs - The Ghost In You
Renaissance - Mother Russia
XTC - Ten Feet Tall
Porcupine Tree - Signify II
Steve Hackett - Dance On A Volcano
Sarah McLachlan - Sweet Surrender
The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton
Warren Zevon - Accidentally Like A Martyr
Genesis - Snowbound
Sting - All This Time
Elbow - Crawling With Idiots

cool

And so it came to pass. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #113 on: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:33am »

Long-Time-Since-Anyone's-Done-A Shuffle:

XTC - Ten Feet Tall
Porcupine Tree - Signify II
Steve Hackett - Dance On A Volcano
Tori Amos - China
The Clash - The Guns Of Brixton
Peter Gabriel - Moribund The Bergermeister
Harry Nilsson - The Moonbeam Song
Kate Bush - The Red Shoes
Warren Zevon - Accidentally Like A Martyr
Genesis - Snowbound
Sting - All This Time
Neil Young - Comes A Time
John Lennon - Gimme Some Truth
Elbow - Crawling With Idiots
The Pineapple Thief - 3000 Days
Return To Forever - The Romantic Warrior
Joe Jackson - It's Different For Girls
The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
Graham Parker - Mercury Poisoning
Suzanne Vega - Gypsy

cool
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:34am by Dust » User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #114 on: Oct 12th, 2011, 10:19am »

The "second shuffle in three days" shuffle:

Marillion - Kayleigh [Live]
Nirvana - Stay Away
Genesis - Vancouver
Snow Patrol - We Can Run Away Now They're All Dead And Gone
Keane - Atlantic
Coldplay - Til Kingdom Come
Madonna - Secret
Sheryl Crow - Leaving Las Vegas
The Police - The Bed's Too Big Without You
Steve Winwood - Put On Your Dancing Shoes
Genesis - Cul-De-Sac
James - Skindiving
Bat For Lashes - Daniel
Pat Benatar - Let's Stay Together
James - Surprise
Robbie Williams - Eternity
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Muse - New Born
Genesis - The Knife [Live]
Muse - Guiding Light
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #115 on: Oct 14th, 2011, 09:49am »

Just-'cause-I-Feel-Like-It Shuffle:

Traffic - John Barleycorn
Neil Young - A Man Needs A Maid
10,000 Maniacs - Trouble Me
Aimee Mann - 50 Years After The Fair
Muse - Apocalypse Please
David Crosby & Graham Nash - Immigration Man
Yes - Long Distance Runaround
David Bowie - V2 Schneider
Peter Gabriel - Come Talk To Me
Elbow - Grounds For Divorce
Jimi Hendrix - Castles Made Of Sand
Eric Clapton - The Core
Jeff Beck - Where Were You
Oingo Boingo - Insects
XTC - Yacht Dance
Midnight Oil - Wharf Rat
Train - Free
Rush - Force Ten
Bruce Springsteen - Waiting On A Sunny Day
Fleetwood Mac - Sisters Of The Moon

cool
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2011, 09:51am by Dust » User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
thumbup Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #116 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 3:28pm »

The unnamed shuffle:

Genesis - Jesus He Knows Me [Live]
Editors - Bullets
Robbie Williams - She's The One
Duffy - Mercy
Peter Gabriel - Perspective
Marillion - Intro: La Gazza Ladra [Live]
Simon & Garfunkel - At The Zoo
Manic Street Preachers - Don't Be Evil
Peter Gabriel - Listening Wind
Sheryl Crow - I Shall Believe
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (which is on the blue album wink)
Peter Gabriel - Slow Marimbas [Live]
Genesis - Looking For Someone
Genesis - Ripples [Live]
T'Pau - I Will Be With You
Electric Light Orchestra - Shine A Little Love
Porcupine Tree - Way Out Of Here
Snow Patrol - Grazed Knees
Steve Winwood - Put On Your Dancing Shoes
Queen - Sweet Lady
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2011, 3:32pm by Down And Out » User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #117 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 3:44pm »

on Oct 17th, 2011, 3:28pm, Down And Out wrote:
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (which is on the blue album wink)


Shuffle for Nigel's funny joke as well as for playing my all-time favorite Beatles song:

Robert Cray - Back Home
Genesis - Horizons
Tears For Fears - Standing On The Corner Of The Third World
Tony Banks - Sometime Never
Rush - Natural Science
Little Feat - Sailin'
Cat Stevens - Where Do The Children Play?
Collective Soul - In Between
Til Tuesday - Coming Up Close
Grateful Dead - Saint Of Circumstance
Fiona Apple - Paperbag
Yes - It's Over
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun
Coldplay - The Hardest Part
Sarah McLachlan - Fallen
Brian Eno & David Byrne - Solo Guitar With Tin Foil
Genesis - Burning Rope
Mavin Gaye - What's Goin' On
The Doors - Riders On The Storm
David Bowie - Absolute Beginners

cool
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #118 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 3:52pm »

on Oct 17th, 2011, 3:28pm, Down And Out wrote:
The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (which is on the blue album wink)

on Oct 17th, 2011, 3:44pm, Dust wrote:
Shuffle for Nigel's funny joke as well as for playing my all-time favorite Beatles song...

It's not that funny. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
xx Re: Do the shuffle!
« Reply #119 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 4:21pm »

on Oct 17th, 2011, 3:52pm, Down And Out wrote:
It's not that funny. wink


Well it's an inside joke. I guess you had to be there. smiley
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  28 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls