Board Logo
« What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 18th, 2018, 1:55pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II  (Read 109848 times)
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9333
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #840 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 12:22pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 12:13pm, Lily wrote:
And don't even get my started on St Judes, give to them once and they hold you hostage forever with phone calls and emails.

Uh-oh. I made a donation when a friend of mine ran a St. Judes marathon last month. Should I expect an onslaught? undecided

But don't get me started on the Democrats! I don't know exactly why they started e-mailing me... maybe it was the "Obama-Biden" sign I put on my lawn (or "Gore-Lieberman" and "Clinton-Gore" before that)... or maybe it was because I "like" some liberal memes on Facebook... but I started getting all kinds of e-mails asking for money. After a while, I started getting e-mails that said, "Harry, we've been sending these e-mails for a while, and the entire amount of your contribution = $0.00. When are you going to step up?"

I fired back a few angry e-mails and unsubscribed to them all.

(This is not to say that only the Democrats do this. I'm sure the Republicans do too... but on your doorstep and at gunpoint.) grin
User IP Logged

unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #841 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 1:43pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 11:13am, Dust wrote:
We should care about the underprivileged in the world more than the people in our lives? Every day?



I donate to charity every single day involuntarily via taxation used for Foreign Aid. Who even knows where this money goes. Although I very much doubt it goes into starving mouths.

India received 280 million in Foreign Aid from UK taxpayers last year but still managed to find enough money to launch its first rocket to Mars.

Pass me the straitjacket angry
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #842 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 2:38pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 12:22pm, Dust wrote:
Uh-oh. I made a donation when a friend of mine ran a St. Judes marathon last month. Should I expect an onslaught? undecided


Yes. I swear I was unsubscribing from so many different emails for up to a year.

on Feb 4th, 2015, 12:22pm, Dust wrote:
But don't get me started on the Democrats! I don't know exactly why they started e-mailing me... maybe it was the "Obama-Biden" sign I put on my lawn (or "Gore-Lieberman" and "Clinton-Gore" before that)... or maybe it was because I "like" some liberal memes on Facebook... but I started getting all kinds of e-mails asking for money. After a while, I started getting e-mails that said, "Harry, we've been sending these e-mails for a while, and the entire amount of your contribution = $0.00. When are you going to step up?"

I fired back a few angry e-mails and unsubscribed to them all.

(This is not to say that only the Democrats do this. I'm sure the Republicans do too... but on your doorstep and at gunpoint.) grin



grin


That's pretty rude, the totalling up of nothing. LOL
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #843 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 2:39pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 1:43pm, unclealbert wrote:
Pass me the straitjacket angry


Seriously!!
User IP Logged

User Image
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #844 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 2:42pm »

People on FAcebook who bitch and moan about their lives.
I have one "friend" on their who's posts are always about how bad her life is. Doesn't like her job, has no money blah blah blah. And then when people try to give her advice and ways to stay positive, she always finds a way to put a negative spin on it.
Time for a round of defriending I think...

undecided
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4788
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #845 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 3:17pm »

I was just going to leave my two cents to the charity topic in a well-thought out short essay but I'm a little too tired and lazy tonight so I will let my favourite geek comic speak for me:

User Image
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #846 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 4:46pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 3:17pm, Schrottrocker wrote:
I was just going to leave my two cents to the charity topic in a well-thought out short essay but I'm a little too tired and lazy tonight so I will let my favourite geek comic speak for me:

User Image


Excellent. grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #847 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 4:47pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 2:42pm, Robert The Bruce wrote:
People on FAcebook who bitch and moan about their lives.
I have one "friend" on their who's posts are always about how bad her life is. Doesn't like her job, has no money blah blah blah. And then when people try to give her advice and ways to stay positive, she always finds a way to put a negative spin on it.
Time for a round of defriending I think...

undecided


Ah yes, the looking for sympathy constantly ones get to me too. Or the ones who say something cryptic and dramatic looking for questions as to whats going on.

Very silly.
User IP Logged

User Image
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #848 on: Feb 4th, 2015, 6:24pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 4:47pm, Lily wrote:
Ah yes, the looking for sympathy constantly ones get to me too. Or the ones who say something cryptic and dramatic looking for questions as to whats going on.

Very silly.


Yes, you seem to know whom I mean...
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #849 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 05:25am »

Hi there



there is an old adage here in the UK but I am sure it is more widespread than that... "charity begins at home" and after years spent raising funds for things from Live Aid to Water Aid I am totally disillusioned.


As far as I am concerned all overseas aid should be stopped and the resulting funds channelled into ensuring that no child here in the UK goes without a home, food, clothes or a proper education. no one should be homeless in a country as wealthy as ours either and the elderly should not have to make the choice between heating or eating for god's sake! Nor should they have to sell their homes to pay for their care - they have contributed in taxes/National Insurance etc already.

Once all of that is sorted out, then, and ONLY then should funds go overseas as far as I am concerned.


Alan H
User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #850 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 06:18am »

on Feb 5th, 2015, 05:25am, alanh wrote:
Hi there



there is an old adage here in the UK but I am sure it is more widespread than that... "charity begins at home" and after years spent raising funds for things from Live Aid to Water Aid I am totally disillusioned.


As far as I am concerned all overseas aid should be stopped and the resulting funds channelled into ensuring that no child here in the UK goes without a home, food, clothes or a proper education. no one should be homeless in a country as wealthy as ours either and the elderly should not have to make the choice between heating or eating for god's sake! Nor should they have to sell their homes to pay for their care - they have contributed in taxes/National Insurance etc already.

Once all of that is sorted out, then, and ONLY then should funds go overseas as far as I am concerned.


Alan H


I would vote for that.....

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #851 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 07:57am »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 6:24pm, Robert The Bruce wrote:
Yes, you seem to know whom I mean...


Um no, the people I'm referring to don't know you! grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #852 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 08:02am »

As for charity. All we can do is donate to what we think is right.

For me, I rarely donate to large co-orporations unless somebody dies (or something) and the family requests specific one. (That is why I donated to St Judes/Cancer Society etc.)

I prefer to donate to causes and people I know, or have had dealings with personally whenever possible.
User IP Logged

User Image
shadow
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1488
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #853 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 12:31pm »

on Feb 4th, 2015, 2:42pm, Robert The Bruce wrote:
People on FAcebook who bitch and moan about their lives.
I have one "friend" on their who's posts are always about how bad her life is. Doesn't like her job, has no money blah blah blah. And then when people try to give her advice and ways to stay positive, she always finds a way to put a negative spin on it.
Time for a round of defriending I think...

undecided
Sob ya getting rid of me and I've not set up me page yet mate
User IP Logged

Phil
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #854 on: Feb 5th, 2015, 2:09pm »

on Feb 5th, 2015, 12:31pm, shadow wrote:
Sob ya getting rid of me and I've not set up me page yet mate


Lol!
Definitely not you mate
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls