Board Logo
« What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 18th, 2018, 1:38pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II  (Read 109820 times)
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14202
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #810 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:02pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 2:04pm, boredatwork wrote:
I remember when Comic Relief began back in the 1980s it was genuinely funny & worth watching. No doubt itís just as worthy a cause now as it was then, but youíre right that itís turned into an annual orgy of self-congratulation. That's probably an inevitable consequence of an original idea becoming an institution sad

Well, at least one person is on my side. tongue
User IP Logged

shadow
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1488
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #811 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:06pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:02pm, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Well, at least one person is on my side. tongue
You need to read what you wrote ....pretend to care unbelievable
User IP Logged

Phil
Liam
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1475
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #812 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:19pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 2:04pm, boredatwork wrote:
I remember when Comic Relief began back in the 1980s it was genuinely funny & worth watching. No doubt itís just as worthy a cause now as it was then, but youíre right that itís turned into an annual orgy of self-congratulation. That's probably an inevitable consequence of an original idea becoming an institution sad



Now, come on, that's not fair. Comic Relief has never been funny or worth watching.
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7514
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #813 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:37pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:19pm, Liam wrote:
Now, come on, that's not fair. Comic Relief has never been funny or worth watching.


laugh The odd bit of it maybe. cheesy
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4788
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #814 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:41pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:31pm, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Red Nose Day. angry It's rearing its head here in the UK once more. For the uninformed, it's a charity event here in the UK that takes place every two years. But it isn't the charity aspect of it that annoys me.

In the past, I didn't mind Red Nose Day at all. It was a day where you bought a cheap red nose, donated some money to the needy, listened to the rubbish Red Nose Day charity single, and then forgot all about it and went on with your life. That was pretty much it. But now, it's been to taken to embarrassing levels. Yes, charity is a good thing, and it's perfectly fine to donate once in a while. But I am getting truly sick of people thinking that they actually care as much as they do about the less fortunate. It's now just a contest to see how stupid you can make yourself look, a big farce. Remember the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? Remember the short-lived trend of people dumping ice water over their heads to raise awareness for ALS and donate to help those with the disease? It worked and a lot of money was made. But a lot of people weren't even aware of what ALS is and just did it because everyone else was doing it, and some people didn't even donate.

Red Nose Day isn't much different. Sure, people are going to make a hell of a lot of money this year - there are now multiple red noses to collect, so many Red Nose Day lovers will try and collect them all. There's even this thing where 12 gold noses have been hidden around the UK, and those that find them win loads of special prizes like meeting celebrities and such. So are people going to buy loads of noses in an attempt to find a gold one because they actually care about the poor, suffering people of the world? No. They'll do it for themselves. They don't care where the money goes. In fact, there are probably some people in this country who still aren't aware that Red Nose Day is done for charity, and just think it's a funny tradition. This is what Red Nose Day mostly is now. A way for people to praise themselves as they pretend that they care about the suffering when in reality, they've just been told to suddenly start caring for the time being. rolleyes

When something tragic happens in the world, it's natural to be saddened and/or disgusted for the time it happens. But on a day-to-day basis, us first-worlders don't ever think about the countless suffering and dying people all over the world. I'm not against charity; in fact I have a lot of respect for people who frequently fundraise and give to charity as part of a career. I'm just sick of how over-the-top events like Red Nose Day have steadily become. Once Red Nose Day's over and done with, everyone will go back to their lives and continue blissfully ignoring and shutting out all of the third world's problems from their mind as if they don't exist, which is fine, because everybody not employed in fundraising does that anyway. There's absolutely nothing wrong with people giving to the needy. But Red Nose Day isn't exactly that. It's little more than just a fun day of silliness, self-praise and pats on the back. rolleyes


I agree completely with you.
User IP Logged

SuperTed
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

It's No Fun...


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 3010
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #815 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:46pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:19pm, Liam wrote:
Now, come on, that's not fair. Comic Relief has never been funny or worth watching.


That was funnier than Comic Relief! laugh
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #816 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 4:26pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:46pm, SuperTed wrote:
That was funnier than Comic Relief! laugh


grin
User IP Logged

User Image
boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2339
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #817 on: Feb 2nd, 2015, 4:34pm »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:19pm, Liam wrote:
Now, come on, that's not fair. Comic Relief has never been funny or worth watching.

It sure feels like that - you certainly need a long memory to think differently! laugh

Iíd say that back at the beginning some parts of Comic Relief, such as the one off mini-episodes of Blackadder & The New Statesman were worth seeing, although there were always bits that didnít work. Plus Jonathan Ross wasnít as annoying then as he is now!

Even at its worst back then, Comic Relief still wasnít as horrendously predictable as it is now, when your worst fears are realised as you watch Cameron guesting woodenly in contrived One Direction videos rolleyes
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14202
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #818 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 03:02am »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 3:06pm, shadow wrote:
You need to read what you wrote ....pretend to care unbelievable

I don't think you understand.

By care, I mean actually care. As in, when you truly believe that the issues of the world are of greater importance than your own life. And they are. This is totally true.

But do people care this much? No. And it's normal not to. We are too busy complaining about the cold weather, stuffing our faces, moaning about sports, watching TV and chatting on this forum. I'm to blame too. I get pissed off when my Internet is slow for example. We all are guilty of caring entirely about our own lives. Outside Red Nose Day and every time the news tells us, we don't want to think about terrorism, the ill or the poor. We shut it out, because we don't want to think about it. Someone suggested that the song Blood On The Rooftops makes this exact point.

Like I said, I support donating, I'm fine with charity, fine with fundraising. Putting some money in a tin is a good thing. What I'm not into is the overblown, manipulative tactics and the fact that they have to make it increasingly more fun and silly for the public every time Red Nose Day comes around. Like boredartwork said, it's a become a self-congratulatory orgy.
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5176
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #819 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:28am »

on Feb 2nd, 2015, 08:43am, unclealbert wrote:
I'm with Dust and more on this one.

Lived in the USA for three years from 1993 and always enjoyed the fast food. Especially welcome at airports. My acquaintances all agreed on the fast food order (talking Philly region) Wendys, Burger King, McDonalds.

And to quote a well known film....Hamburgers....the cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast cool


funniest experience (wasn't at the time) was going inot a fast food place at the M$ services near Gatwick during evening rush hour, back in 1987. Was driving from Chiswick to Land's End, and as the traffic was heaving, we thought we might as well eat now and let the rush clear. I think the place was actually called something with "Fast Food" in the title!

Anyway, the 4 of us ordered, and after a 40 minute wait, we asked for our money back, as we were in a bit of a hurry! At least the traffic had cleared by the time we got back on the M4! grin
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5176
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #820 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:32am »

on Feb 3rd, 2015, 03:02am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
I don't think you understand.

By care, I mean actually care. As in, when you truly believe that the issues of the world are of greater importance than your own life. And they are. This is totally true.

But do people care this much? No. And it's normal not to. We are too busy complaining about the cold weather, stuffing our faces, moaning about sports, watching TV and chatting on this forum. I'm to blame too. I get pissed off when my Internet is slow for example. We all are guilty of caring entirely about our own lives. Outside Red Nose Day and every time the news tells us, we don't want to think about terrorism, the ill or the poor. We shut it out, because we don't want to think about it. Someone suggested that the song Blood On The Rooftops makes this exact point.

Like I said, I support donating, I'm fine with charity, fine with fundraising. Putting some money in a tin is a good thing. What I'm not into is the overblown, manipulative tactics and the fact that they have to make it increasingly more fun and silly for the public every time Red Nose Day comes around. Like boredartwork said, it's a become a self-congratulatory orgy.


There is another negative knock-on effect, sadly. These massive charities and events with their professional marketing and fundraising people do make life very difficult for small, totally voluntary charities who simply cannot compete. That and the "Ooh, this is funny" attitude.

Still, look on the bright side, at least, a few years back, it proved what a good actor Tony Blair is! wink
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7514
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #821 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:52am »

on Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:32am, foxfeeder wrote:
There is another negative knock-on effect, sadly. These massive charities and events with their professional marketing and fundraising people do make life very difficult for small, totally voluntary charities who simply cannot compete. That and the "Ooh, this is funny" attitude.

Still, look on the bright side, at least, a few years back, it proved what a good actor Tony Blair is! wink


I know what you mean about the smaller charities. I like to support animal charities, and it's far better to help the smaller ones. They are very appreciative of a small donation too, whereas bigger ones ( RSPCA ) tend to invest their money, and turn animals away.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #822 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 09:57am »

on Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:28am, foxfeeder wrote:
funniest experience (wasn't at the time) was going inot a fast food place at the M$ services near Gatwick during evening rush hour, back in 1987. Was driving from Chiswick to Land's End, and as the traffic was heaving, we thought we might as well eat now and let the rush clear. I think the place was actually called something with "Fast Food" in the title!

Anyway, the 4 of us ordered, and after a 40 minute wait, we asked for our money back, as we were in a bit of a hurry! At least the traffic had cleared by the time we got back on the M4! grin


LOL. I am an avid fast food supporter as long as it meets up to its speedy marketing label.

The slowness reminds me of the "quick" oil change chain in USA called Jiffy Lube which my American friends amusingly used to refer to as "Eventually Lube".
User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #823 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:36am »

Ginsters...... grin

That is all.... cool

(Ray will get this )

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5176
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #824 on: Feb 3rd, 2015, 11:22am »

on Feb 3rd, 2015, 07:52am, Squigelyfox wrote:
I know what you mean about the smaller charities. I like to support animal charities, and it's far better to help the smaller ones. They are very appreciative of a small donation too, whereas bigger ones ( RSPCA ) tend to invest their money, and turn animals away.


Dislike the RSPCA with a passion. Bunch of liars, basically!
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls