Board Logo
« What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 21st, 2018, 05:14am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II  (Read 110173 times)
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1140 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 3:43pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 3:28pm, unclealbert wrote:
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is great. Never had any problems there. Or at Lanzarote or Palma airports in the past month.

Manchester baggage search police are anything but great and obviously delight in holding up people in a hurry for a flight.

Just one for example....

I was a told (by a self-important female security person) not to walk through a metal scanner as it was for women only. So I stood there wondering where to go, only to be beckoned through the same scanner by the man stood next to her. When I said that the woman stood next to them said it was for women only he shrugged his shoulders.

I thought public servants existed to serve the public although it seems that the reverse is increasingly true.


Ever been through Miami or Chicago. undecided
User IP Logged

User Image
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2353
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1141 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 3:55pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 3:43pm, Lily wrote:
Ever been through Miami or Chicago. undecided


Haha. I just flew out of Chicago O'Hare last week, and you're right, it was a pain in the a*s!!

On one hand,I was glad they were so thorough but on the other, it just took so damn long. It seemed random, and a bit over the top. Combine that with some who knew their jobs, and some who didn't, and I'm glad I don't use that airport often.

So glad I allowed a lot of extra time or I would've had a migraine on the flight home, no doubt. It's funny too because arriving at O'Hare was a breeze. Pulling into the gate, unloading the plane, baggage claim, and leaving the airport itself was smooth, and easy like a Sunday morning. Departing......not so much.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1142 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 7:03pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 3:43pm, Lily wrote:
Ever been through Miami or Chicago. undecided


Chicago a long time ago........before 911........
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1143 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 8:35pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 3:55pm, ericm wrote:
Haha. I just flew out of Chicago O'Hare last week, and you're right, it was a pain in the a*s!!

On one hand,I was glad they were so thorough but on the other, it just took so damn long. It seemed random, and a bit over the top. Combine that with some who knew their jobs, and some who didn't, and I'm glad I don't use that airport often.

So glad I allowed a lot of extra time or I would've had a migraine on the flight home, no doubt. It's funny too because arriving at O'Hare was a breeze. Pulling into the gate, unloading the plane, baggage claim, and leaving the airport itself was smooth, and easy like a Sunday morning. Departing......not so much.


Going in to so easy if you are coming from another country!


We are lucky in Toronto through, US customs is done there.
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1144 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 8:36pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 7:03pm, unclealbert wrote:
Chicago a long time ago........before 911........


Before 911, yes, it was certainly different then. And the first five years after 911 were the worst.
User IP Logged

User Image
unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1145 on: Jun 16th, 2015, 9:07pm »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 8:36pm, Lily wrote:
Before 911, yes, it was certainly different then. And the first five years after 911 were the worst.


it's worse at Manchester since the barmy 100 ml liquid carry on restriction.

You can't take a can of coke through security, but you can buy one immediately afterwards from an airport shop at highly inflated prices.

Come on, if I was part of a terrorist group that really wanted to take potentially dangerous liquids (when mixed) onto an airplane I'm pretty sure such liquids could be covertly made available in the airport shop.

Anyway, whenever possible I'll fly from Liverpool JLA from now on.

User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1146 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 04:14am »

We have to throw away and Juice that Emily hasn't drunk before we go through the security at Manchester...Also we have to have a doctors certificate (which we pay for) which lists her many medications in order that we can board the flight.

The first time we went with her she was on liquid medication (it is soluble tablets now) and one of the security guys was not going to let us take it on the plane even though we had the doctors note.

I quietly told him that I would sue the airport and he was to get his manager at once or I wouldn't move from the spot.

The manager came over and allowed me through at once.... rolleyes

They made no issue of the medication when I got to Sandford airport by the way and coming home from that they took one look at Emily and didn't question anything. They were excellent and were customer service personified....

Best wishes

John

Best wishes

John
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2015, 04:15am by John Wilkinson » User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1147 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 05:17am »

Hi there



Inconsiderate neighbours lettering their dogs crap all over the lawn. Time to lay down the extra strong chili powder methinks! angry



Alan H
User IP Logged

unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1148 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 05:21am »

on Jun 17th, 2015, 05:17am, alanh wrote:
Hi there



Inconsiderate neighbours lettering their dogs crap all over the lawn. Time to lay down the extra strong chili powder methinks! angry



Alan H


LOL. Do you mean letting or littering? Or maybe Letterman.....?

Anyway, I just shoot them with grapeshot fired from a Napoleonic cannon. Works a treat. And we don't even have a front lawn.
User IP Logged

alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1149 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 05:30am »

Hi there



Know where I can buy a Napoleonic canon? I have plenty of langrage I can use.



Alan H
User IP Logged

Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4788
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1150 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 08:22am »

When I went to the US a couple years ago to visit my then girlfriend the securities always got me for trying to smuggle - toothpaste! I couldn't take my toothpaste with me from Germany and I couldn't take it back with me from the USA. Other than that I never had any problems but toothpaste was the issue every single time. tongue
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5180
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1151 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 10:06am »

on Jun 16th, 2015, 3:28pm, unclealbert wrote:
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is great. Never had any problems there. Or at Lanzarote or Palma airports in the past month.

Manchester baggage search police are anything but great and obviously delight in holding up people in a hurry for a flight.

Just one for example....

I was a told (by a self-important female security person) not to walk through a metal scanner as it was for women only. So I stood there wondering where to go, only to be beckoned through the same scanner by the man stood next to her. When I said that the woman stood next to them said it was for women only he shrugged his shoulders.

I thought public servants existed to serve the public although it seems that the reverse is increasingly true.


Funny you should say that. When we went to Turkey back in May via Manchester T2, we were sent though different scanners, I was told not to use the one my wife had, it was ladies only. No explanation, or obvious difference in the unit. Both operatives did seem to apply the same rule though, maybe she'd "had a word" with him about embarrassing her in front of the proles! wink
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1152 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 2:34pm »

I understand the need for security, it's difficult. The attitude of some of the security officers is horrible though.

I have a NEXUS card, it gives me a quick pass though US and Canadian customs, very handy. But one time I forgot to change my passport number on it, and another time I used the machine and didn't have my physical card on me.

Both times they pulled me into a private room and searched everything I had, you would have thought I had committed the worlds most heinus crime instead of making a mistake, it was really traumatic.

I just got a new passport and the first thing I did was went online to change my Nexus info! Must remember to do it when I move in September!
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4709
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1153 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 2:36pm »

Not really crazy about the discussion of harming dogs. undecided
User IP Logged

User Image
unclealbert
Guest
xx Re: What Gets On My Tits!!! - Part II
« Reply #1154 on: Jun 17th, 2015, 3:15pm »

on Jun 17th, 2015, 2:36pm, Lily wrote:
Not really crazy about the discussion of harming dogs. undecided


Who said anything about dogs? I'm on about the owners wink
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79  ...  108 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls