Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 21st, 2017, 11:05am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 25956 times)
Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4695
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3735 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 08:43am »

My condolescens too. It's always sad when you miss the final of meeting someone. sad It happened to me a few years ago when the mother of a good friend died from dementia although she was only in her 60s. It was strange because I had talked to her on the phone too just a couple weeks before she passed; I had known her in person but that was long years ago, so after some 15 years it was the first time I got to talk to her for two phone calls, just in time before she left undecided
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3736 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 09:50am »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 08:43am, Schrottrocker wrote:
My condolescens too. It's always sad when you miss the final of meeting someone. sad It happened to me a few years ago when the mother of a good friend died from dementia although she was only in her 60s. It was strange because I had talked to her on the phone too just a couple weeks before she passed; I had known her in person but that was long years ago, so after some 15 years it was the first time I got to talk to her for two phone calls, just in time before she left undecided

I agree, it is always sad. With Ida, I had that one telephone call with her on my 10th birthday, and I also received a 10th birthday card from her and her husband Bobby (who died a few years before she did). I threw the card away years ago, and I wish I never had - it contained the invitation to a Texas visit that never happened. sad
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3737 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 12:32pm »

Changing the subject, apparently, music is now officially "dead" because Kim Kardashian is on a Rolling Stones magazine cover.

http://www.facebook.com/skynews/posts/1134064613274801?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Yeah, music's dead, clearly. rolleyes Albums are disappearing from stores all over the world, instruments don't work anymore and every upcoming concert has been cancelled. All because a celebrity is on a music magazine cover. Ladies and gentlemen, it's over! Music is OFFICIALLY DEAD! rolleyes
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2015, 12:33pm by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19140
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3738 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 12:40pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 12:32pm, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Changing the subject, apparently, music is now officially "dead" because Kim Kardashian is on a Rolling Stones magazine cover.

http://www.facebook.com/skynews/posts/1134064613274801?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

Yeah, music's dead, clearly. rolleyes Albums are disappearing from stores all over the world, instruments don't work anymore and every upcoming concert has been cancelled. All because a celebrity is on a music magazine cover. Ladies and gentlemen, it's over! Music is OFFICIALLY DEAD! rolleyes


Rolling Stone magazine has been anything but significant for the last 2 decades. It's a non-issue really, this Kardashian cover, as RS is something you line the bottom of your bird cage with. Not much else it's good for.
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3739 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 1:04pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 12:40pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Rolling Stone magazine has been anything but significant for the last 2 decades. It's a non-issue really, this Kardashian cover, as RS is something you line the bottom of your bird cage with. Not much else it's good for.

Well, the last four Rolling Stone covers pictured: Rush, Orange is the New Black, The Grateful Dead, and David Letterman. Apparently they are trying to be all things to all people, and--truth be told--I like all four of those. smiley

I have a free subscription...Ticketmaster sends it to me, as I buy tickets through them at least once per year, and I don't have a choice of what magazine to receive. Typically I can find 10-15 minutes of interesting reading in each issue.
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2015, 1:05pm by Dust » User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2313
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3740 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 1:24pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 12:32pm, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Changing the subject, apparently, music is now officially "dead" because Kim Kardashian is on a Rolling Stones magazine cover.

http://www.facebook.com/skynews/posts/1134064613274801?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

I guess itís a great cover for anyone who likes tits, & if Kimís husband had been beside her it could have featured 3 of them! wink
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19140
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3741 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 1:40pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 1:24pm, boredatwork wrote:
I guess itís a great cover for anyone who likes tits, & if Kimís husband had been beside her it could have featured 3 of them! wink



grin
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3742 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 3:35pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 1:24pm, boredatwork wrote:
I guess itís a great cover for anyone who likes tits, & if Kimís husband had been beside her it could have featured 3 of them! wink

Good one! laugh
User IP Logged

Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3743 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 3:51pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 1:24pm, boredatwork wrote:
I guess itís a great cover for anyone who likes tits, & if Kimís husband had been beside her it could have featured 3 of them! wink


Four of them if her father was on it too..
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19140
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3744 on: Jul 15th, 2015, 3:57pm »

on Jul 15th, 2015, 3:51pm, Andrew Yild4Genesis wrote:
Four of them if her father was on it too..



grin grin
User IP Logged

Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4695
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3745 on: Jul 16th, 2015, 06:45am »

And here I thought music died in 1959...
User IP Logged

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7499
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3746 on: Jul 16th, 2015, 07:38am »

When you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't!
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3747 on: Jul 16th, 2015, 08:38am »

Random I know....

I have a new pair of binoculars for watching the night sky. (lapsed hobby from years ago) and I was amazed last night to see my first ever low orbit satellite...... shocked

I find it very relaxing to watch the skies...I seem to recall someone once wrote a song about that.... Ah yes Stargazer by Rainbow wink rolleyes

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3748 on: Jul 21st, 2015, 05:36am »

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I disagree with the trending argument that it's sexist to refer to Barbie dolls as "girl's toys" and action figures as "boy's toys" (this has come up several times on my Facebook, with massive support for the argument that it's sexist). While I see nothing wrong with girls playing with toys aimed at boys and vice versa, I can't see why it's sexist to assign a gender to a toy. The phrases "girl's toys" and "boy's toys" don't mean "toys only girls should play with" and "toys only boys should play with", the gender assignment refers to the main target audience of the product. I just don't see anything wrong with this at all. Sorry, Facebook. undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2015, 10:41am by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19140
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3749 on: Jul 21st, 2015, 09:01am »

on Jul 21st, 2015, 05:36am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I disagree with the trending argument that it's sexist to refer to Barbie dolls as "girl's toys" and action figures as "boy's toys" (this has come up several times on my Facebook, with massive support for the argument that it's sexist). While I see nothing wrong with girls playing with toys aimed at boys and vice versa, I can't see why it's sexist to assign a gender to a toy. The phrases "girl's toys" and "boy's toys" don't mean "toy only girls should play with" and "toys only boys should play with", the gender assignment refers to the main target audience of the product. I just don't see anything wrong with this at all. Sorry, Facebook. undecided


It's all part of the politically correct movement that's gotten this world into the mess it's in. Boys want to be girls, girls want to be boys. Society has determined that we need to agree so that we don't upset them.

We need to get real and speak what's on our mind, how we really feel, have our own opinion, and not worry constantly about whether or not anyone else agrees.

Entire segments of society have been created out of the idea that we have to be politically correct. Politicians won't say what's on their minds (except Donald Trump grin ) for fear that they'll lose votes.

People have become like flocks of sheep, going with the flow. It feels so much better to be part of the status quo than to have your own thoughts and possibly be considered an outcast, or worse yet NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.

It is my opinion that action figures like G.I. Joe and Transformers are toys made for little boys, and Barbie dolls are made for little girls. To actually have an argument over this shows how far we've spun out of control.

User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls