Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 21st, 2017, 5:44pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 3081 times)
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3510 on: Nov 17th, 2014, 09:35am »

Can't understand why most credit card companies won't give you a credit card unless you have a regular income of about 5000, but have good savings in your accounts? So annoying for me recently. I got one eventually with a high risk / high interest company. Good for them! smiley
The big card companies should remember that people with a job can lose a job, as much as people with money can spend it.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3511 on: Nov 17th, 2014, 09:46am »

on Nov 17th, 2014, 09:35am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Can't understand why most credit card companies won't give you a credit card unless you have a regular income of about 5000, but have good savings in your accounts? So annoying for me recently. I got one eventually with a high risk / high interest company. Good for them! smiley
The big card companies should remember that people with a job can lose a job, as much as people with money can spend it.

Most lenders don't care what you have... just that you have the ability to make your payments. This is particularly tough on seniors. My mom is 85, owns her own home, has money in the bank, but she can't get a loan because she has no real regular income. angry
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014, 09:46am by Dust » User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3512 on: Nov 17th, 2014, 11:32am »

on Nov 17th, 2014, 09:46am, Dust wrote:
Most lenders don't care what you have... just that you have the ability to make your payments. This is particularly tough on seniors. My mom is 85, owns her own home, has money in the bank, but she can't get a loan because she has no real regular income. angry


You mean she can't get a credit card? shocked
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3513 on: Nov 17th, 2014, 11:41am »

on Nov 17th, 2014, 11:32am, Lily wrote:
You mean she can't get a credit card? shocked

She could probably get a credit card, but she tried to get an equity loan to repair the damage from Hurricane Sandy, and the banks she went to wouldn't lend her 5% of what the house is worth. Asshats.
User IP Logged

Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 10705
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3514 on: Nov 17th, 2014, 10:46pm »

on Nov 17th, 2014, 11:41am, Dust wrote:
She could probably get a credit card, but she tried to get an equity loan to repair the damage from Hurricane Sandy, and the banks she went to wouldn't lend her 5% of what the house is worth. Asshats.
huh angry sad
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
shadow
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1488
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3515 on: Nov 26th, 2014, 12:43pm »

Are we all looking forward to opening the first door on the advent calendar on Monday
User IP Logged

Phil
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3492
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3516 on: Nov 26th, 2014, 2:54pm »

on Nov 26th, 2014, 12:43pm, shadow wrote:
Are we all looking forward to opening the first door on the advent calendar on Monday


Yes, I'll soon be dropping down your chimney..
Little known fact:I like rum
grin
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3517 on: Nov 26th, 2014, 4:51pm »

on Nov 17th, 2014, 11:41am, Dust wrote:
She could probably get a credit card, but she tried to get an equity loan to repair the damage from Hurricane Sandy, and the banks she went to wouldn't lend her 5% of what the house is worth. Asshats.


Sorry just saw this Dusty. That's terrible.
User IP Logged

User Image
shadow
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1488
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3518 on: Nov 27th, 2014, 11:23am »

on Nov 26th, 2014, 2:54pm, Christopher Kringle wrote:
Yes, I'll soon be dropping down your chimney..
Little known fact:I like rum
grin
lol
User IP Logged

Phil
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6452
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3519 on: Dec 1st, 2014, 4:15pm »

User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14108
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3520 on: Dec 5th, 2014, 04:58am »

I've deleted about twenty-five friends from Facebook in the last two to three months. I mainly delete them if they post or share something so incredibly stupid, distasteful and/or disturbing that it makes me never want to hear anything from them again. Hell, the guys I'm deleting aren't even true friends, they are mostly peers back in school and university who have mostly forgotten me anyway, so they likely don't notice or care when I delete them.
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3521 on: Dec 6th, 2014, 05:50am »

I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," and I don't like when people are "tried in the media"... but I'm coming to the inescapable conclusion that Bill Cosby is a scumbag of the highest order. sad
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14108
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3522 on: Dec 6th, 2014, 06:04am »

on Dec 6th, 2014, 05:50am, Dust wrote:
I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," and I don't like when people are "tried in the media"... but I'm coming to the inescapable conclusion that Bill Cosby is a scumbag of the highest order. sad

I've been hearing all about this too. It's quite upsetting. cry
User IP Logged

Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3492
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3523 on: Dec 6th, 2014, 2:38pm »

on Dec 6th, 2014, 05:50am, Dust wrote:
I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," and I don't like when people are "tried in the media"... but I'm coming to the inescapable
conclusion that Bill Cosby is a scumbag of the highest order. sad


+1

undecided
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
shadow
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1488
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3524 on: Dec 8th, 2014, 1:40pm »

Not long now
User IP Logged

Phil
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls