Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 20th, 2017, 12:57pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 10936 times)
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6512
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3390 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:31pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:19pm, ericm wrote:
You got it, NSOV. Don't let any of those posts bother you. They're not accurate, and totally uncalled for IMO.
on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:22pm, Dust wrote:
+1 ... as if you couldn't have guessed my opinion. wink


Yup.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3391 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:35pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:31pm, HENRY wrote:
Yup.


Uh oh. We're edging perilously close to a clique here. wink grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9302
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3392 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:36pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:35pm, ericm wrote:
Uh oh. We're edging perilously close to a clique here. wink grin

cheesy Bunch o' bullies we are.
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5077
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3393 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:49pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 11:48am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
I do not think he is banned. His profile is still accessible.


I certainly do not remember being unkind to him. We had our occasional petty squabbles, but a lot of people have squabbled on this forum. And excuse me, Squigs, but what evidence do you have that he disliked all of my posts? Are you confusing me with someone else on here? undecided


As Poloma stated, a ban does not make your profile inaccessible, you have to leave conforums.

You were not unkind to him, certainly not deliberately, but you interpreted his Spanish post as saying he was leaving, which it did not say, in fact or in principle. Others acted on this. Notably ericm, who chose to slag him off as if he had gone, despite, as he later admitted, knowing that he hadn't. I called him to task on this, but by the time I returned to the forum the next day, the thread had been locked and moved, so I don't know if ericm had replied (though there's little doubt that if he hadn't, it was for the same reason, the thread had been locked. It is undoubted in my mind that ericm would have had a lot to say about it, he always has!)

DAO was then banned for his comment in reply, despite the fact that the target of his post clearly wasn't upset, as evidenced by the comment "Is that the best you can do?". Not sure what he was expecting. A transatlantic flight and a house visit with a weapon? Delusions of grandeur, if so! grin
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7506
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3394 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:02pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 11:48am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
I do not think he is banned. His profile is still accessible.


I certainly do not remember being unkind to him. We had our occasional petty squabbles, but a lot of people have squabbled on this forum. And excuse me, Squigs, but what evidence do you have that he disliked all of my posts? Are you confusing me with someone else on here? undecided


Thanks foxfeeder for confirming that D&O is banned. Just believe it NSOV, D&O is banned!

I didn't say he disliked all of your posts. I meant he didn't like the ones you posted after that infamous post of his. He told me himself.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:08pm by Squigelyfox » User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6512
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3395 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:03pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:49pm, foxfeeder wrote:
You were not unkind to him, certainly not deliberately, but you interpreted his Spanish post as saying he was leaving, which it did not say, in fact or in principle. Others acted on this. Notably ericm, who chose to slag him off as if he had gone, despite, as he later admitted, knowing that he hadn't. I called him to task on this, but by the time I returned to the forum the next day, the thread had been locked and moved, so I don't know if ericm had replied (though there's little doubt that if he hadn't, it was for the same reason, the thread had been locked. It is undoubted in my mind that ericm would have had a lot to say about it, he always has!)

DAO was then banned for his comment in reply, despite the fact that the target of his post clearly wasn't upset, as evidenced by the comment "Is that the best you can do?". Not sure what he was expecting. A transatlantic flight and a house visit with a weapon? Delusions of grandeur, if so! grin

Well, that's quite an interestng interpretation of events...

D&O did indeed imply he was done with the forum, if not explicitly so. Therefore one could easily have interpreted it in that way. And Eric's comment in regard to that post was mainly in reference to D&O's slagging off the forum. D&O reaction in turn was uncalled for, and Eric's response to that was completely irrelevent to the consequences of that comment.

« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:06pm by HENRY » User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3396 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:06pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:49pm, foxfeeder wrote:
As Poloma stated, a ban does not make your profile inaccessible, you have to leave conforums.

You were not unkind to him, certainly not deliberately, but you interpreted his Spanish post as saying he was leaving, which it did not say, in fact or in principle. Others acted on this. Notably ericm, who chose to slag him off as if he had gone, despite, as he later admitted, knowing that he hadn't. I called him to task on this, but by the time I returned to the forum the next day, the thread had been locked and moved, so I don't know if ericm had replied (though there's little doubt that if he hadn't, it was for the same reason, the thread had been locked. It is undoubted in my mind that ericm would have had a lot to say about it, he always has!)

DAO was then banned for his comment in reply, despite the fact that the target of his post clearly wasn't upset, as evidenced by the comment "Is that the best you can do?". Not sure what he was expecting. A transatlantic flight and a house visit with a weapon? Delusions of grandeur, if so! grin


I'm not sure why we want to rehash this all over again, but I would like to reply.

I couldn't follow up because of the thread being locked, but I would like to clear up a couple of your points.

I never said I knew D&O hadn't left for good. How could I possibly know that? I only said I "expected" him to return, and I didn't post my original reply to his Spanish one because he had left for good. I expected him to return at some point, and probably see it. I posted what I felt regardless of him leaving or coming back.

As far as the "best you can do" comment, it was a sarcastic reply to his clearly trying to bait me. I wasn't going to fall for his lame attempt, and said so. It was so obvious to me what he was trying to do there. Hence the "is that the best you can do". I might not have been too upset because I kind of thought those things were him showing his true self but to think seeing what he called me, and wanted to happen to me didn't bother me, is mistaken.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:22pm by ericm » User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7506
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3397 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:11pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 12:36pm, Dust wrote:
cheesy Bunch o' bullies we are.


Indeed! cheesy
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3398 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:36pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:02pm, Squigelyfox wrote:
I didn't say he disliked all of your posts. I meant he didn't like the ones you posted after that infamous post of his. He told me himself.


Really? Why didn't you say that then? It sure read like you meant more than those posts to me.


on Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:28am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Just read through some of your posts and you should see why I said you were unkind. He didn't like your posts at all anyway.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7506
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3399 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 3:43pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 1:36pm, ericm wrote:
Really? Why didn't you say that then? It sure read like you meant more than those posts to me.




Doesn't to me. Do we absolutely have to make every thing we say so crystal clear on here? We were talking about the incidents around the time of D&O being banned, so I thought it rather obvious. Oh well...
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014, 3:45pm by Squigelyfox » User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3400 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:00pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 3:43pm, Squigelyfox wrote:
Doesn't to me. Do we absolutely have to make every thing we say so crystal clear on here? We were talking about the incidents around the time of D&O being banned, so I thought it rather obvious. Oh well...


Fair enough,and I'm not trying to be confrontational here. It's just you know what you meant when posting and I can only interpret what you actually posted, not what you meant. The post wasn't obvious, at least not to me.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14165
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3401 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:16pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:00pm, ericm wrote:
Fair enough,and I'm not trying to be confrontational here. It's just you know what you meant when posting and I can only interpret what you actually posted, not what you meant. The post wasn't obvious, at least not to me.

I too assumed she was referring to my entire posting history.
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19225
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3402 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:18pm »

I am renaming this thread. It is now 'The Thread Of Complete Bullsh*t'

Continue posting.... tongue
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14165
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3403 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:21pm »

Changing the subject, I had a funny dream last night. I dreamt that my wardrobe had an attached keypad that allowed me to search for things inside it, like it was a search engine. I used it to locate a bunch of albums and DVDs that I'd put inside it and hadn't seen for years. grin
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:22pm by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3404 on: Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:22pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2014, 4:18pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I am renaming this thread. It is now 'The Thread Of Complete Bullsh*t'

Continue posting.... tongue


Yeah, we did get a bit "off topic" huh. Then again, it is a random thread which means we can talk about anything, so what the hell do I know? wink grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls