Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 26th, 2017, 4:48pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 28376 times)
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 10883
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3150 on: Jul 28th, 2014, 6:12pm »

on Jul 27th, 2014, 3:53pm, Yild4Genesis wrote:
Ricciardo!!


He did it and won the race!.. smiley
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4078
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3151 on: Jul 28th, 2014, 6:23pm »

on Jul 28th, 2014, 5:09pm, Lily wrote:
Really? I left home at 16, then 19 permanently so I forget how some live with parents longer. But wait….how would his Mum know what to pack either?


I suspect his parents were the ones to organise the surprise trip smiley
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3152 on: Jul 28th, 2014, 10:12pm »

on Jul 28th, 2014, 6:23pm, Merryman72 wrote:
I suspect his parents were the ones to organise the surprise trip smiley



Oh, best keep my mouth shut then. Times have sure changed!!
User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3153 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 02:04am »

on Jul 28th, 2014, 10:12pm, Lily wrote:
Oh, best keep my mouth shut then. Times have sure changed!!

The cost of renting in London and the south east is very high. And for many people it is now impossible to get on the property ladder in these regions - the average property price is something like £400,000! shocked Therefore, many children are living with their parents for much longer nowadays. That said, I think that going on holiday with your parents in your 20s is probably the exception rather than the rule. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7499
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3154 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 06:06am »

Nice to be able to check on here after long unforeseen absence due to computer problems. Hope it's going to behave itself now. There there, nice computer! cheesy
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3155 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 06:43am »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 06:06am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Nice to be able to check on here after long unforeseen absence due to computer problems. Hope it's going to behave itself now. There there, nice computer! cheesy

Welcome back. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5022
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3156 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 11:25am »

on Jul 28th, 2014, 1:27pm, garyt wrote:
I once took Dee on a surprise 2 day trip to France after we collected a new motorbike. Packed a change of underwear and a toothbrush. smiley
You learn the art of minimal packing when motorcycle touring.
We never reach our luggage allowance and usually just about get one persons allowance.


Pack the right underwear and you can use it as dental floss! grin
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2346
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3157 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 11:53am »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 02:04am, Down And Out wrote:
That said, I think that going on holiday with your parents in your 20s is probably the exception rather than the rule. wink


Really? I guess I'm one of the lucky minority then. My kids(26&29) and I still do some vacations, long weekends, day trips, concerts, and other things pretty regularly. They don't live with me anymore though, and I don't do their packing. wink grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3158 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 3:51pm »

My Person just went away with his Daughter who is in her 40's. I would have loved to have gone away with my parents when I got older and away from living with them.


I guess I just picture myself and my friends in early adulthood, and freedom from rules was so intoxicating, and my parents had a lot of rules when they were still supporting me. I loved my parents very much, but I didn't think they knew anything!


grin
User IP Logged

User Image
garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3159 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 4:28pm »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 11:25am, foxfeeder wrote:
Pack the right underwear and you can use it as dental floss! grin


Preferably before its been worn. smiley
User IP Logged

garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3160 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 4:40pm »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 3:51pm, Lily wrote:
My Person just went away with his Daughter who is in her 40's. I would have loved to have gone away with my parents when I got older and away from living with them.


Me and my dad used to have a week away every year until he passed away. Fishing, drinking a few beers , talking a load of rubbish and having a laugh. That's what I really miss the most.


Quote:
I loved my parents very much, but I didn't think they knew anything!
grin


Totally adore this quote Lily. grin

I don't have any kids but I know I would have found my self repeating the pearls of wisdom my parents tried to pass onto me.

To those of you with kids, When did you first realise you'd turned into your parents? smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2014, 4:41pm by garyt » User IP Logged

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2346
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3161 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 4:52pm »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 4:40pm, garyt wrote:
To those of you with kids, When did you first realise you'd turned into your parents? smiley


I think my kids and I get along so well, and are close is because I'm pretty much the exact opposite from my parents. I learned from them what not to do as a parent as opposed to what to do. My dad was a scumbag who booked when I was real young,and my mom tried her best with us. I love her dearly but she didn't exactly have great communication skills.

I think I learned most of my parenting from my Grandmother. She was the wisest person I've ever known. Not education wise but in life experiences. She also had the patience of a Saint. She's been gone almost 30 years now but what she taught me lives on every day in me, and now my kids as well.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3162 on: Jul 29th, 2014, 10:18pm »

on Jul 29th, 2014, 4:52pm, ericm wrote:
I think my kids and I get along so well, and are close is because I'm pretty much the exact opposite from my parents. I learned from them what not to do as a parent as opposed to what to do. My dad was a scumbag who booked when I was real young,and my mom tried her best with us. I love her dearly but she didn't exactly have great communication skills.

I think I learned most of my parenting from my Grandmother. She was the wisest person I've ever known. Not education wise but in life experiences. She also had the patience of a Saint. She's been gone almost 30 years now but what she taught me lives on every day in me, and now my kids as well.


That's great. My Gran was exactly the same. Mind you I had great parents too
cool
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3163 on: Jul 30th, 2014, 02:58am »

I know nothing. grin
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2014, 02:59am by Down And Out » User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14132
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3164 on: Aug 1st, 2014, 1:40pm »

I am starting to notice that several forum members aren't coming here as often. sad
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 211 212 213  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls