Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 19th, 2017, 5:22pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 25279 times)
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5022
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3105 on: Jul 22nd, 2014, 09:51am »

on Jul 22nd, 2014, 02:48am, Yild4Genesis wrote:
..and how long ago was that again..
cool

Couldn't find any footage of English soccer success then?

grin


They hadn't invented the domestic video tape recorder as far back as 1966! wink
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3106 on: Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:06pm »

I test drove a couple of M series BMW's today, I'm all fired up now and can't settle.

I wonder why that growling sound and the way the car moves so fast makes my lady parts think it's Christmas. undecided
User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3107 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:53am »

G...

... is for Genesis. smiley

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:54am by Down And Out » User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3108 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:55am »

Today I inadvertently learned how to bleed the fuel system of a diesel engined Mitsubishi...
undecided
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3109 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 04:46am »

on Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:06pm, Lily wrote:
I test drove a couple of M series BMW's today, I'm all fired up now and can't settle.

I wonder why that growling sound and the way the car moves so fast makes my lady parts think it's Christmas. undecided


If a BMW has that effect you better place an order quick. wink
Better still try an Audi R8. smiley
User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3110 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 05:35am »

I watched a DVD last night....

Nothing unusual about that you may say but it was a DVD of photographs of my daughter Emily when she went on an adventure break with her friends from her special school last month.

For those of you who are not aware Emily has severe Cerebral Palsy, Profound Multiple Learning Difficulities, Epilesy and is registered as blind.

The first few moments were shots of all the other disabled children arriving at the specially adapted centre and getting off the bus etc. Then the photo showed all the children taking part in all the activities. Emily was very conspicous by her absence and I started to wonder if she had been excluded in some way.

Suddenly there was a five minute section where every photo seemed to be of Emily laughing and joining in on the zip wire. Absailing down a climbing wall in a sling. Being pushed in her wheelchair on a roundabout. strumming one of the teachers guitar and obviously loving that (she does the same with me).

Tears did well up I can tell you as I never knew she was capable of joining in to such an extent. All the children seemed to love their break and the staff were fantastic.

Just gave me such a lift last night at a time when the world seems wrapped in madness and confusion.

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3111 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:00am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 05:35am, John Wilkinson wrote:
I watched a DVD last night....

Nothing unusual about that you may say but it was a DVD of photographs of my daughter Emily when she went on an adventure break with her friends from her special school last month.

For those of you who are not aware Emily has severe Cerebral Palsy, Profound Multiple Learning Difficulities, Epilesy and is registered as blind.

The first few moments were shots of all the other disabled children arriving at the specially adapted centre and getting off the bus etc. Then the photo showed all the children taking part in all the activities. Emily was very conspicous by her absence and I started to wonder if she had been excluded in some way.

Suddenly there was a five minute section where every photo seemed to be of Emily laughing and joining in on the zip wire. Absailing down a climbing wall in a sling. Being pushed in her wheelchair on a roundabout. strumming one of the teachers guitar and obviously loving that (she does the same with me).

Tears did well up I can tell you as I never knew she was capable of joining in to such an extent. All the children seemed to love their break and the staff were fantastic.

Just gave me such a lift last night at a time when the world seems wrapped in madness and confusion.

Nice story John. Maybe you could've posted it in the smile thread. smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3112 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:12am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 05:35am, John Wilkinson wrote:
I watched a DVD last night....

Nothing unusual about that you may say but it was a DVD of photographs of my daughter Emily when she went on an adventure break with her friends from her special school last month.

For those of you who are not aware Emily has severe Cerebral Palsy, Profound Multiple Learning Difficulities, Epilesy and is registered as blind.

The first few moments were shots of all the other disabled children arriving at the specially adapted centre and getting off the bus etc. Then the photo showed all the children taking part in all the activities. Emily was very conspicous by her absence and I started to wonder if she had been excluded in some way.

Suddenly there was a five minute section where every photo seemed to be of Emily laughing and joining in on the zip wire. Absailing down a climbing wall in a sling. Being pushed in her wheelchair on a roundabout. strumming one of the teachers guitar and obviously loving that (she does the same with me).

Tears did well up I can tell you as I never knew she was capable of joining in to such an extent. All the children seemed to love their break and the staff were fantastic.

Just gave me such a lift last night at a time when the world seems wrapped in madness and confusion.

Best wishes

John


I've noticed that sometimes challenged children seem to have a much greater capability of experiencing joy.

Great post John.
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3113 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:13am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 04:46am, garyt wrote:


If a BMW has that effect you better place an order quick. wink
Better still try an Audi R8. smiley


I have one, but it's not as fast as the M series……*shudders with excitement* grin

(Audi's are too big)
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:13am by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3114 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:18am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:13am, Lily wrote:
(Audi's are too big)

I don't get that. huh I thought that roughly speaking:

Audi A3 == BMW 1 Series
Audi A4 == BMW 3 Series
Audi A6 == BMW 5 Series
Audi A8 == BMW 7 Series

And when it came to sportier models, Audi's "S" == BMW's "M". But of course I could be completely wrong. grin
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3115 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 10:04am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 05:35am, John Wilkinson wrote:
I watched a DVD last night....

Nothing unusual about that you may say but it was a DVD of photographs of my daughter Emily when she went on an adventure break with her friends from her special school last month.

For those of you who are not aware Emily has severe Cerebral Palsy, Profound Multiple Learning Difficulities, Epilesy and is registered as blind.

The first few moments were shots of all the other disabled children arriving at the specially adapted centre and getting off the bus etc. Then the photo showed all the children taking part in all the activities. Emily was very conspicous by her absence and I started to wonder if she had been excluded in some way.

Suddenly there was a five minute section where every photo seemed to be of Emily laughing and joining in on the zip wire. Absailing down a climbing wall in a sling. Being pushed in her wheelchair on a roundabout. strumming one of the teachers guitar and obviously loving that (she does the same with me).

Tears did well up I can tell you as I never knew she was capable of joining in to such an extent. All the children seemed to love their break and the staff were fantastic.

Just gave me such a lift last night at a time when the world seems wrapped in madness and confusion.

Best wishes

John


smiley

Great story John, though I doubt its the first nor will it be the last time that Emily exceeds her capabilities and your expectations.

Gary.
User IP Logged

garyt
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 687
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3116 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 10:09am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:13am, Lily wrote:
I have one, but it's not as fast as the M series……*shudders with excitement* grin


If you can afford it get one. You know you want to. smiley

Keep the R8 for now it will do for my fly drive trip next summer. smiley
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3117 on: Jul 23rd, 2014, 10:12am »

on Jul 23rd, 2014, 08:18am, Down And Out wrote:
I don't get that. huh I thought that roughly speaking:

Audi A3 == BMW 1 Series
Audi A4 == BMW 3 Series
Audi A6 == BMW 5 Series
Audi A8 == BMW 7 Series

And when it came to sportier models, Audi's "S" == BMW's "M". But of course I could be completely wrong. grin



I meant the models I like. The TT is way too small, the A3's here are hatchbacks, nothing like my 1 series sedan…which has been discontinued now.

I guess BMW found the 1 series too small, they have replaced it with a 2 series which is more like last years 3 series.

So no more cute small cars at BMW. sad

(oh the problems in life!)
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2014, 10:13am by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3118 on: Jul 24th, 2014, 01:19am »

That poor Scottish terrier must be knackered after leading out all the teams at the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony. grin wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6482
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #3119 on: Jul 24th, 2014, 02:25am »

User Image
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 208 209 210  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls