Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 23rd, 2017, 11:53am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 3630 times)
supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4206
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2925 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 06:43am »

Cookies!
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2926 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 06:52am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 06:25am, Down And Out wrote:
The maximum fines that UK magistrates courts can impose for offences such as speeding, using a mobile phone whilst driving, being drunk and disorderly, etc. are going up by a factor of four! shocked


Well it could be a deterrent I suppose. Speeding / drunk / dangerous drivers do really need to be stopped! All these ruddy speed bumps we keep getting don't seem to work either. And how much do they cost?! Wish they'd spend more on other areas of the law.
That said, these fines just seem like a money-making racket! rolleyes
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2927 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 06:57am »

on Jun 9th, 2014, 07:35am, Paloma wrote:
I read somewhere yesterday that cornflakes are really poisoning people shocked huh

To be honest, I have never been too keen on them, but if you pay atention to all this info they spread over the internet, you really don't know what to eat!


I don't take much notice, especially if I enjoy something.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2928 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 07:51am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 06:57am, Squigelyfox wrote:
I don't take much notice, especially if I enjoy something.


Yes, I normally am the same. But I have had cancer and it is worrying when you read that milk, sugar, salt, chicken, meat, soya …. etc are very bad for this illness, especially cos they are things that normally you eat/drink everyday. What are we going to eat then?
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6452
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2929 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 08:27am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 01:16am, Noni wrote:
Was that at Lulu's?


Nope. The Aud.

BTW, based on fairly good info, Genesis also played the gym on the UW campus.
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2930 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 09:28am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 07:51am, Paloma wrote:
Yes, I normally am the same. But I have had cancer and it is worrying when you read that milk, sugar, salt, chicken, meat, soya …. etc are very bad for this illness, especially cos they are things that normally you eat/drink everyday. What are we going to eat then?


I know, I have been studying this for a couple of years, fascinatingly disturbing.

A lot of people keep bitching that there is no cure for cancer, but seem to ignore the fact that avoiding certain things seems the way to go to prevent it. We can't control the environment but we can control what we eat.
User IP Logged

User Image
Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2931 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:18am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 09:28am, Lily wrote:
I know, I have been studying this for a couple of years, fascinatingly disturbing.

A lot of people keep bitching that there is no cure for cancer, but seem to ignore the fact that avoiding certain things seems the way to go to prevent it. We can't control the environment but we can control what we eat.


Mind you Lily, when I heard about the milk and the sugar I asked the oncologist and her answer was: don't pay attention to this kind of information because it is not true, milk is not bad and about sugar it is bad if you have the illness, because some cancers use sugar to grow, but you don't have it anymore, so you don't have to worry.

To be honest, I have never eaten too much. As my mum used to say, I eat to live but not live to eat!

The only thing that is not allowed in my case is soya, can't drink soya drinks or eat it.

About preventing cancer, it depends on the kind of cancer we are talking about.
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2932 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:35am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 07:51am, Paloma wrote:
Yes, I normally am the same. But I have had cancer and it is worrying when you read that milk, sugar, salt, chicken, meat, soya …. etc are very bad for this illness, especially cos they are things that normally you eat/drink everyday. What are we going to eat then?


I see, sorry. Everything can't be bad for you though.
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2303
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2933 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:42am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:35am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Everything can't be bad for you though.

“Everything gives you cancer....”

(If I don’t quote Joe Jackson at this point, someone else will!)
User IP Logged

Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2934 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:47am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:42am, boredatwork wrote:
“Everything gives you cancer....”

(If I don’t quote Joe Jackson at this point, someone else will!)


Yes, I know this song, I had that album some years ago and I have to say it is fantastic. And the song too! This is what I meant, some people get paranoid with all this information about food and cancer everywhere, Joe Jackson was right!
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2935 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:49am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:35am, Squigelyfox wrote:
I see, sorry. Everything can't be bad for you though.


As I said, the only thing that doctor banned was soya. About the rest I try to have a healthy life and eat fruit, vegetables as much as I can and not eating red meat and lot of sugar.

My only problem is cheese and milk. I love them! I am trying not to drink too much milk and fighting against cheese adiction! cheesy
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2936 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:53am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:49am, Paloma wrote:
As I said, the only thing that doctor banned was soya. About the rest I try to have a healthy life and eat fruit, vegetables as much as I can and not eating red meat and lot of sugar.

My only problem is cheese and milk. I love them! I am trying not to drink too much milk and fighting against cheese adiction! cheesy

Sugar is quite an issue in the UK at the moment, with some experts suggesting that it is as big a threat to public health as tobacco. shocked
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2937 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 11:02am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:53am, Down And Out wrote:
Sugar is quite an issue in the UK at the moment, with some experts suggesting that it is as big a threat to public health as tobacco. shocked



The most convincing thing is to cut sugar out and see how you feel, especially if you are used to eating a lot of it, not forgetting hidden sugars in packaged/canned goods, sodas etc. You get the answer pretty quickly, within about 7 days…. in how much better you feel. More energy, no mood swings etc. But the cravings for it continue for quite some time.

And if you can't do it at all because the thoughts of it freak you out, or you try and don't even get through a day, (which I couldn't for years), then you realize how addicted you are.
User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2938 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 11:05am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 11:02am, Lily wrote:
The most convincing thing is to cut sugar out and see how you feel, especially if you are used to eating a lot of it, not forgetting hidden sugars in packaged/canned goods, sodas etc. You get the answer pretty quickly, within about 7 days…. in how much better you feel. More energy, no mood swings etc. But the cravings for it continue for quite some time.

And if you can't do it at all because the thoughts of it freak you out, or you try and don't even get through a day, (which I couldn't for years), then you realize how addicted you are.

It's the hidden sugars that are the biggest problem. I find it bizarre that, for example, baked beans - which I regard as being a savoury item with some benefits, i.e. fibre - contain ridiculous amounts of sugar. shocked
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2939 on: Jun 10th, 2014, 11:06am »

on Jun 10th, 2014, 10:53am, Down And Out wrote:
Sugar is quite an issue in the UK at the moment, with some experts suggesting that it is as big a threat to public health as tobacco. shocked


Yes, they say it is very unhealthy, I try to avoid it.

You know, what really annoys me is all these sort of 'alternative therapies' that are used by all kind of 'healers' that are making money at cancer patients expenses. They play with patients fears and hopes.
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls