Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 27th, 2017, 07:40am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 4410 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2025 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00am »

I know that I'm getting a new microwave oven for Christmas. grin
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14111
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2026 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 04:24am »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00am, Down And Out wrote:
I know that I'm getting a new microwave oven for Christmas. grin

Will it be part of a custom kitchen delivery?

grin
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2027 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 06:31am »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00am, Down And Out wrote:
I know that I'm getting a new microwave oven for Christmas. grin

on Dec 21st, 2013, 04:24am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Will it be part of a custom kitchen delivery?

grin

Sadly not. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4977
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2028 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 11:20am »

on Dec 20th, 2013, 4:23pm, Lily wrote:
I think so. grin


And are you posting the link between the link tags? laugh
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2029 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 12:39pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00am, Down And Out wrote:
I know that I'm getting a new microwave oven for Christmas. grin


Seriously? shocked
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2030 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 12:40pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 11:20am, foxfeeder wrote:
And are you posting the link between the link tags? laugh




WHat am I doing wrong please?
User IP Logged

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2031 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 12:54pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 04:00am, Down And Out wrote:
I know that I'm getting a new microwave oven for Christmas. grin

on Dec 21st, 2013, 12:39pm, Lily wrote:
Seriously? shocked

Deadly serious. Being a miserable git, I hate Christmas and would be happy to forget presents altogether. My parents normally give me a gift voucher. As my current microwave oven is becoming increasingly unreliable, I thought I would at least ask for something useful. Very exciting NOT, but hey, that's life. undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2013, 12:54pm by Down And Out » User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2032 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 1:31pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 12:54pm, Down And Out wrote:
Deadly serious. Being a miserable git, I hate Christmas and would be happy to forget presents altogether. My parents normally give me a gift voucher. As my current microwave oven is becoming increasingly unreliable, I thought I would at least ask for something useful. Very exciting NOT, but hey, that's life. undecided


I honestly didn't think anybody used those any more, or if they did for emergencies/rarely because they already had them in the house.


Aren't you nervous D&O?
User IP Logged

User Image
supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4206
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2033 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 1:37pm »

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2034 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 2:01pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 1:37pm, supernatural wrote:
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


Not here it isn't! grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2035 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 3:46pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 1:31pm, Lily wrote:
I honestly didn't think anybody used those any more, or if they did for emergencies/rarely because they already had them in the house.

Aren't you nervous D&O?

I am highly confused. You didn't think anybody used microwave ovens any more?

And why should D&O be nervous?

huh
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2036 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 4:05pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 3:46pm, Dust wrote:
I am highly confused. You didn't think anybody used microwave ovens any more?

And why should D&O be nervous?

huh


Yes I thought people rarely used Microwave ovens any more, never mind buy a new one!

To explain myself if this sounds off the wall (which would shock me):

I've been educating myself on healthy lifestyle for a few years now, so many people I knew over 50 were getting diagnosed with illness and disease, particularly various forms of cancer.

I found food and exercise to be the only preventative thing that made any sense to me, and I've made great changes in my lifestyle. Before this I did have microwave in my condo as it was built into the wall, but I rarely used it because of all the findings.

When I moved in with my person he does have them, but the only thing I use it for if ever is to reheat something very quickly.


How about other people here?
User IP Logged

User Image
Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4060
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2037 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 4:17pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 4:05pm, Lily wrote:
Yes I thought people rarely used Microwave ovens any more, never mind buy a new one!

To explain myself if this sounds off the wall (which would shock me):

I've been educating myself on healthy lifestyle for a few years now, so many people I knew over 50 were getting diagnosed with illness and disease, particularly various forms of cancer.

I found food and exercise to be the only preventative thing that made any sense to me, and I've made great changes in my lifestyle. Before this I did have microwave in my condo as it was built into the wall, but I rarely used it because of all the findings.

When I moved in with my person he does have them, but the only thing I use it for if ever is to reheat something very quickly.


How about other people here?


Not really sure what you're getting at. That using microwave ovens is unhealthy? That it can cause cancer? huh

I use them quite a lot, both at home and with my flatmates at uni.
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2038 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 4:28pm »

There are many reports on this and it's not new, the FDA are on the fence and warn more about radiation, harm to the eyes etc.


Here's a couple of reports on the Internet, but I didn't just get my information from there:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/microwave-cancer_b_684662.html


http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/health-hazards-to-know-about/microwave-ovens-the-proven-dangers

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2013, 4:28pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4977
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #2039 on: Dec 21st, 2013, 4:28pm »

on Dec 21st, 2013, 4:05pm, Lily wrote:
Yes I thought people rarely used Microwave ovens any more, never mind buy a new one!

To explain myself if this sounds off the wall (which would shock me):

I've been educating myself on healthy lifestyle for a few years now, so many people I knew over 50 were getting diagnosed with illness and disease, particularly various forms of cancer.

I found food and exercise to be the only preventative thing that made any sense to me, and I've made great changes in my lifestyle. Before this I did have microwave in my condo as it was built into the wall, but I rarely used it because of all the findings.

When I moved in with my person he does have them, but the only thing I use it for if ever is to reheat something very quickly.


How about other people here?


Old wives tale. It's microwave electromagnetic radiation, there's no half-life or lingering emissions. Been using one for 24 years (The same one!) with no problems.
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls