Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 21st, 2017, 11:07am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 25959 times)
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1695 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 09:54am »

on Oct 9th, 2013, 1:45pm, supernatural wrote:
Sorry to hear about your handyman but I'd love to now how you interview a dog!!


" What's the weather like outside?"


"Ruff"

cool


grin




Dusty your poor Handyman! How do you recover from crushed legshuh
User IP Logged

User Image
Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4077
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1696 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 10:07am »

Hobnob time
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1697 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 10:08am »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 09:54am, Lily wrote:
Dusty your poor Handyman! How do you recover from crushed legshuh

I don't know, some surgery and lots of rehab I guess. They say he'll be okay but won't walk for four or five months.

The top news story in our town one day was that a man had been trapped under a collapsed wall for a few hours and was rescued and taken to the hospital with multiple broken bones in his legs. The newspaper didn't release his name. Then five days later my wife told me her handyman guy broke his legs, and it turned out to be the guy. Very strange to read a big story in the paper and then find out a week later that it was someone you know well.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013, 10:09am by Dust » User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1698 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 4:18pm »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 10:08am, Dust wrote:
I don't know, some surgery and lots of rehab I guess. They say he'll be okay but won't walk for four or five months.

The top news story in our town one day was that a man had been trapped under a collapsed wall for a few hours and was rescued and taken to the hospital with multiple broken bones in his legs. The newspaper didn't release his name. Then five days later my wife told me her handyman guy broke his legs, and it turned out to be the guy. Very strange to read a big story in the paper and then find out a week later that it was someone you know well.


Yes it must be. sad

Broken is different from crushed though, I mean you can't un-crush legs ca you? lipsrsealed
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1699 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 8:03pm »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 4:18pm, Lily wrote:
Broken is different from crushed though, I mean you can't un-crush legs ca you? lipsrsealed

I think you can. Unless we're talking about ice or pineapple, I think I'd use the term "crushed" for any bone that is broken in more than four places. Maybe I'm wrong.
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1700 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 8:06pm »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 8:03pm, Dust wrote:
I think you can. Unless we're talking about ice or pineapple, I think I'd use the term "crushed" for any bone that is broken in more than four places. Maybe I'm wrong.


It sounds horrible! lipsrsealed
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1701 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 8:17pm »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 8:06pm, Lily wrote:
It sounds horrible! lipsrsealed

Yep. My dad was hit by a car, and the bones in his left leg was (what can be worse than crushed?) shattered. shocked

He was in bed for two months, on crutches for three months, and then he used a cane for six. After that he was fine, playing tennis twice a week. That was thirty years ago, so I'm sure medical, bone-mending technology has been significantly advanced.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2013, 8:18pm by Dust » User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1702 on: Oct 11th, 2013, 02:49am »

I spy with my little eye something beginning with "T"...
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1703 on: Oct 12th, 2013, 04:11am »

User Image
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4590
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1704 on: Oct 12th, 2013, 04:49am »

A very exciting month lies behind me. My daughter and her boyfriend stayed at our house for four weeks, because they were doing some practical time at the municipal court. It was good to have the house full of people again. My wife and me spent two weeks in Greece to celebrate our birthdays and hang out on the beach. It really helped to recharge the batteries. My son spent three weeks in Paris doing a practical time at a French firm. He is back now and daughter and "son in law" are back at uni again. So it all starts to get normal again.

User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1705 on: Oct 13th, 2013, 02:22am »

It's like 1973 all over again as England need to beat Poland at Wembley to qualify for the World Cup.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1706 on: Oct 13th, 2013, 04:11am »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 8:17pm, Dust wrote:
Yep. My dad was hit by a car, and the bones in his left leg was (what can be worse than crushed?) shattered. shocked

He was in bed for two months, on crutches for three months, and then he used a cane for six. After that he was fine, playing tennis twice a week. That was thirty years ago, so I'm sure medical, bone-mending technology has been significantly advanced.


Glad he got better, wow.
User IP Logged

User Image
zoda
Guest
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1707 on: Oct 13th, 2013, 7:05pm »

I have nothing to say. sad
User IP Logged

Woody
Eleventh Earl of Mar
ImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 141
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1708 on: Oct 13th, 2013, 9:51pm »

For a general university subject with no scientific background needed, my Astronomy class is certainly heavy on the Physics. Struggling....and not the only one. Currently having an interesting debate with the lecturer over the content. I think they just enjoy intimidating students from other faculties with their pinheaded, condescending outlook.

For the record, I'm a History major.
User IP Logged

‘It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.’
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1709 on: Oct 14th, 2013, 01:18am »

Hopefully my Stranglers compilation CD will arrive in today's post.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls