Board Logo
« The thread of complete randomness »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 22nd, 2017, 4:00pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: The thread of complete randomness  (Read 3386 times)
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14108
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1080 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 04:11am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 12:26am, Hackenbacker wrote:
I'm scared of the toaster when the toast pops up.


Same here. undecided
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2303
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1081 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 06:42am »

on Jun 18th, 2013, 6:15pm, NoSonofVine wrote:
Just a moment ago I realised that I'd been reading a TIOA forum user's username wrong all this time. I'd been reading the username "boredatwork" as "boredartwork". Ha ha. tongue

That shows youre more imaginative than I was when I plucked a username out of the air (What am I at the moment? Yes, that will do) to reply to a post on this forum, which Id just found. Seriously, if Id thought for a moment Id still be around 600+ posts later, Id have put a bit more effort in choosing a more interesting username. But its too late now. sad
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1082 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 08:21am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 06:42am, boredatwork wrote:
That shows youre more imaginative than I was when I plucked a username out of the air (What am I at the moment? Yes, that will do) to reply to a post on this forum, which Id just found. Seriously, if Id thought for a moment Id still be around 600+ posts later, Id have put a bit more effort in choosing a more interesting username. But its too late now. sad

It's never too late. If you click on "profile" in the main menu, you can change how your name is displayed on screen. You would still have to login with the name you originally chose, but that would be hidden from other users.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2303
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1083 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 10:55am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 08:21am, Down And Out wrote:
It's never too late. If you click on "profile" in the main menu, you can change how your name is displayed on screen. You would still have to login with the name you originally chose, but that would be hidden from other users.

Thats true, but its unsporting. However rubbish our usernames might be, if we start changing them after more than a few posts, people will end up posting in the What confuses you? thread that they dont know whos who any more .... so I reckon I'm stuck with it now laugh
User IP Logged

slowdancer
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4577
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1084 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 11:10am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 10:55am, boredatwork wrote:
Thats true, but its unsporting. However rubbish our usernames might be, if we start changing them after more than a few posts, people will end up posting in the What confuses you? thread that they dont know whos who any more .... so I reckon I'm stuck with it now laugh


I like your username. It is sort of inspiring...
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1085 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 11:14am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 10:55am, boredatwork wrote:
Thats true, but its unsporting. However rubbish our usernames might be, if we start changing them after more than a few posts, people will end up posting in the What confuses you? thread that they dont know whos who any more .... so I reckon I'm stuck with it now laugh

You could change it to something similar. For years I went by the name "Like the Dust." It became cumbersome and folks started calling me "LTD"--which reminded me of an old Ford my Uncle Schmuck drove in the '60s--so I shortened it. smiley
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2303
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1086 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 11:18am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:10am, slowdancer wrote:
I like your username. It is sort of inspiring...

Thanks. Im delighted if it sort of inspires you, as it certainly doesnt inspire me wink
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2303
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1087 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 11:19am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:14am, Dust wrote:
You could change it to something similar. For years I went by the name "Like the Dust." It became cumbersome and folks started calling me "LTD"--which reminded me of an old Ford my Uncle Schmuck drove in the '60s--so I shortened it. smiley

"Uncle Schmuck" - I take it that was his username, not his real one?
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1088 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 11:36am »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:19am, boredatwork wrote:
"Uncle Schmuck" - I take it that was his username, not his real one?

When I was little he was a very nice but silly old man, and he earned his nickname among the family by saying goofy things. For example... when driving past the American School for the Deaf and seeing the students outside playing, Uncle Schmuck said, in his thick German accent, "How do dem blind kids play baseball??"
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1089 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 1:18pm »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:10am, slowdancer wrote:
I like your username. It is sort of inspiring...


True! grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4698
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1090 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 1:20pm »

on Jun 19th, 2013, 11:14am, Dust wrote:
You could change it to something similar. For years I went by the name "Like the Dust." It became cumbersome and folks started calling me "LTD"--which reminded me of an old Ford my Uncle Schmuck drove in the '60s--so I shortened it. smiley


So what should she change it to?

'Bored'

or

'at work'

or

'BAW'

any other ideas?


grin
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2013, 1:20pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2336
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1091 on: Jun 19th, 2013, 1:38pm »

on Jun 18th, 2013, 3:19pm, Lily wrote:
Wedding outfit purchased!!!!


Wait. What? Is this for a wedding you're attending, or did I miss the news that you're taking the plunge?


Posted this the other day, and still wondering if congrats are in order?
smiley
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1092 on: Jun 20th, 2013, 03:17am »

Sometimes I think I prefer "The Sweeney" to "Minder" and other times I prefer "Minder" to "The Sweeney".
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9275
wink Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1093 on: Jun 20th, 2013, 08:03am »

I walked into the office building where I work one day a week, and my eyes were drawn to the pretty flowers sitting on the receptionist's desk. Then I caught her eye and she frowned at me, apparently believing I was staring at her chest!

I made a point of looking back directly at the flowers and said, "Nice flowers," but she didn't seem happy. She now thinks I'm some kind of a creep. undecided
User IP Logged

ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2336
xx Re: The thread of complete randomness
« Reply #1094 on: Jun 20th, 2013, 08:10am »

on Jun 20th, 2013, 08:03am, Dust wrote:
I walked into the office building where I work one day a week, and my eyes were drawn to the pretty flowers sitting on the receptionist's desk. Then I caught her eye and she frowned at me, apparently believing I was staring at her chest!

I made a point of looking back directly at the flowers and said, "Nice flowers," but she didn't seem happy. She now thinks I'm some kind of a creep. undecided



"Nice flowers," I'm going to have to remember that one. wink grin.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75  ...  280 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls