Board Logo
« Seen Any Good Movies?? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 17th, 2017, 1:25pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Seen Any Good Movies??  (Read 63253 times)
Liam
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 1475
thumbup Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #675 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 09:38am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 05:35am, Dust wrote:
Pfffft +1.

Yeah, no more movies about people overcoming obstacles to achieve great things. No more history about women or blacks or the disadvantaged rising above the prejudices of their times. No more underdogs. No more fighting against the odds.

Let's stick with movies about giant video game characters devouring entire cities. tongue grin wink





Fear not, there's bound to be a Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner biopic sometime soon.

User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #676 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 09:43am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 08:26am, CountingOutTime wrote:
As for me, I'm tired of politically correct movies. Political correctness has turned the world, at least the United States, into a bunch of whining saps.


The US are a bunch of whining saps….hmmmm, thats not very nice is it?


I don't see what political correctness has to do with the 'imitation game' though, it was a true story that had been on lock down for many years.
User IP Logged

User Image
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19219
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #677 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 09:58am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 09:43am, Lily wrote:
The US are a bunch of whining saps….hmmmm, thats not very nice is it?


I don't see what political correctness has to do with the 'imitation game' though, it was a true story that had been on lock down for many years.


I'm an American. I've lived here since 1968; long enough to remember what made this country great. Those qualities have been missing for decades. Much of it has to do with policital correctness, which may or may not have anything to do with 'the imitation game,' but if you stamp your feet and cry real hard, you're bound to get what you want in this country, right or wrong. Shame... undecided
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5076
thumbup Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #678 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 10:00am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 05:35am, Dust wrote:
Pfffft +1.

Yeah, no more movies about people overcoming obstacles to achieve great things. No more history about women or blacks or the disadvantaged rising above the prejudices of their times. No more underdogs. No more fighting against the odds.

Let's stick with movies about giant video game characters devouring entire cities. tongue grin wink




I'm guessing you're being ironic, for, of course, Alan Turing didn't! cry
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2324
thumbup Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #679 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 11:06am »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 09:43am, Lily wrote:
I don't see what political correctness has to do with the 'imitation game' though, it was a true story that had been on lock down for many years.

Was it? Well it’s good that it finally got made with a big star like Benedict Cumberbatch as Turing, but has Hollywood yet made a real blockbuster with a non-straight hero? e.g. “Troy” (2004) was quite enjoyable, but it changed the Greek legend by making Achilles completely straight, so even ten years ago film-makers just couldn’t risk having Brad Pitt as a bisexual action hero: they kept his female love interest but demoted his male lover to being his cousin. Would it be different if they filmed it today?
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9302
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #680 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 12:37pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 09:58am, CountingOutTime wrote:
I'm an American. I've lived here since 1968; long enough to remember what made this country great. Those qualities have been missing for decades. Much of it has to do with policital correctness, which may or may not have anything to do with 'the imitation game,' but if you stamp your feet and cry real hard, you're bound to get what you want in this country, right or wrong. Shame... undecided

Sorry, CoT... I'm an American, I have my opinions on when "political correctness" is necessary and when it is not... but I have no blessed idea what you're talking about. undecided
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9302
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #681 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 12:38pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 10:00am, foxfeeder wrote:
I'm guessing you're being ironic, for, of course, Alan Turing didn't! cry

I wasn't really referring to Turing... just being very general in my sarcasm. smiley
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19219
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #682 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 12:50pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 12:37pm, Dust wrote:
Sorry, CoT... I'm an American, I have my opinions on when "political correctness" is necessary and when it is not... but I have no blessed idea what you're talking about. undecided


Then we both have our American opinions rolleyes
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9302
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #683 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 12:55pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 12:50pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
Then we both have our American opinions rolleyes

Opinions about what? I'm respectfully trying to understand what you're talking about.
User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19219
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #684 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 1:04pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 12:55pm, Dust wrote:
Opinions about what? I'm respectfully trying to understand what you're talking about.


I was responding, albeit vaguely, to all the talk of underdogs in movies and those who believe they have to rise up against so-called prejudice. I'm sick and tired of people whining about everything. You get out of this life what you put into it. I guess I have a bug up my ass when it comes to movies that support this frame of mind. Just venting.
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9302
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #685 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 1:18pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 1:04pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
... I'm sick and tired of people whining about everything.....

That could be one of the most ironic comments I've read in a while. But I mean that in a good-natured way and will just leave it at that. wink
« Last Edit: Aug 4th, 2015, 1:18pm by Dust » User IP Logged

CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19219
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #686 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 1:24pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 1:18pm, Dust wrote:
That could be one of the most ironic comments I've read in a while. But I mean that in a good-natured way and will just leave it at that. wink


Most of what people believe today is media driven, whether it's from movies, the internet, television, or wherever. An original thought is hard to come by nowadays. If you're insinuating that I'm whining; hardly. Just being real.
User IP Logged

supernatural
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4206
thumbup Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #687 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 2:53pm »

I wish I'd not watched it now!! huh grin
User IP Logged

if he wants you to snuff it..........
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #688 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 2:57pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 1:18pm, Dust wrote:
That could be one of the most ironic comments I've read in a while. But I mean that in a good-natured way and will just leave it at that. wink


Oh come on CoT, that was good! grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: Seen Any Good Movies??
« Reply #689 on: Aug 4th, 2015, 4:13pm »

on Aug 4th, 2015, 11:06am, boredatwork wrote:
Was it? Well it’s good that it finally got made with a big star like Benedict Cumberbatch as Turing, but has Hollywood yet made a real blockbuster with a non-straight hero? e.g. “Troy” (2004) was quite enjoyable, but it changed the Greek legend by making Achilles completely straight, so even ten years ago film-makers just couldn’t risk having Brad Pitt as a bisexual action hero: they kept his female love interest but demoted his male lover to being his cousin. Would it be different if they filmed it today?


Well, there was Alexander as well...
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48  ...  59 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls