Board Logo
« Today's Birthdays »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2017, 01:07am


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37  ...  50 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Today's Birthdays  (Read 73010 times)
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4868
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #510 on: Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:53am »

on Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:09am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
She used to be a children's icon (well, sort of), as she was the host of the popular Nickelodeon television series The Amanda Show (which I wasn't really into). However, after the show was cancelled, she rapidly lost popularity, with Miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana stealing her spotlight. As a result, she's lost her head, having started doing a lot of reckless things for media attention:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Bynes#Legal_issues


But unlike Miley, has gone on to have a moderately successful movie career, She's the Man for example, and one with Colin Firth in. Wonder what Miley'll be doing at 28? Detox, probably!
« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:54am by foxfeeder » User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9223
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #511 on: Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:05am »

on Apr 3rd, 2014, 07:53am, foxfeeder wrote:
But unlike Miley, has gone on to have a moderately successful movie career, She's the Man for example, and one with Colin Firth in. Wonder what Miley'll be doing at 28? Detox, probably!

I don't even know why I'm going here, since I can't imagine anyone here wants to have this discussion. lipsrsealed

As I see it, Amanda is a seriously disturbed, convicted felon whose life has utterly spiraled out of control, whereas Miley is--like-it-or-not--a talented singer who's decided to embrace a sleazy, slutty public image to boost her popularity. Truth is, like Madonna and Mariah Carey and Brittney Spears before her... it's working. We may not like them, but I'd say that here are two former-child-stars, one a huge success and the other a dismal failure. But... whatever. wink
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6381
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #512 on: Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:34am »

on Apr 3rd, 2014, 05:09am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
She used to be a children's icon (well, sort of), as she was the host of the popular Nickelodeon television series The Amanda Show (which I wasn't really into). However, after the show was cancelled, she rapidly lost popularity, with Miley Cyrus from Hannah Montana stealing her spotlight. As a result, she's lost her head, having started doing a lot of reckless things for media attention:

Really? Do you actually believe someone would engage in these activities for the simple sake of being caught and getting their name in the papers?
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13983
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #513 on: Apr 3rd, 2014, 1:04pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:34am, HENRY wrote:
Really? Do you actually believe someone would engage in these activities for the simple sake of being caught and getting their name in the papers?

Uhm, yes. Yes, I do. Is there something wrong with that? undecided
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2272
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #514 on: Apr 3rd, 2014, 1:10pm »

I admit I’ve only heard of Amanda Bynes as she was the subject of a Twitter spat between Sinead O’Connor & Miley Cyrus!
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #515 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 03:18am »

I never realised that my posting of an Amanda Bynes picture would provoke such a response! grin
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4868
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #516 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 12:03pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2014, 09:05am, Dust wrote:
I don't even know why I'm going here, since I can't imagine anyone here wants to have this discussion. lipsrsealed

As I see it, Amanda is a seriously disturbed, convicted felon whose life has utterly spiraled out of control, whereas Miley is--like-it-or-not--a talented singer who's decided to embrace a sleazy, slutty public image to boost her popularity. Truth is, like Madonna and Mariah Carey and Brittney Spears before her... it's working. We may not like them, but I'd say that here are two former-child-stars, one a huge success and the other a dismal failure. But... whatever. wink


Had to check out Wikipedia to see what you were on about, she's hardly news here these days. I mostly knew of her from the Amanda show which was awful and amateurish, but kids seemed to like it, my daughter included, and some of her films were moderately successful.

So, she's gone a bit "loopy" in the last 2 years. Probably drug related, and most of her offences seem to be a slack attitude to driving. Maybe in the US, that marks her as a convicted felon, here she'd be seen more as a prima donna and irresponsible. Still, if you believe Miley won't end up the same way, good luck. You think she's not doing drugs now?
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9223
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #517 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 12:41pm »

on Apr 4th, 2014, 12:03pm, foxfeeder wrote:
Had to check out Wikipedia to see what you were on about, she's hardly news here these days. I mostly knew of her from the Amanda show which was awful and amateurish, but kids seemed to like it, my daughter included, and some of her films were moderately successful.

So, she's gone a bit "loopy" in the last 2 years. Probably drug related, and most of her offences seem to be a slack attitude to driving. Maybe in the US, that marks her as a convicted felon, here she'd be seen more as a prima donna and irresponsible. Still, if you believe Miley won't end up the same way, good luck. You think she's not doing drugs now?

I can only assume that you're quite taken by the picture of Amanda that D&O posted. Frankly, the notion that Amanda is a self-obsessed, self-destructive train-wreck and that Miley is a deliberately controversial, media-provoking pop star on the rise is pretty well established in the US. Again, I don't really care... I'm just giving you public perception. If you want to know about Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, etc., you'll have to turn elsewhere. smiley
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 13983
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #518 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 1:07pm »

on Apr 4th, 2014, 12:03pm, foxfeeder wrote:
I mostly knew of her from the Amanda show which was awful and amateurish, but kids seemed to like it, my daughter included.

I always thought Drake And Josh (which was from the creators of The Amanda Show), was much better. smiley I always loved the theme song, and the acoustic version of it is great to me, as it features a short instrumental section inspired by the Beatles.

User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2272
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #519 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 1:55pm »

on Apr 4th, 2014, 12:03pm, foxfeeder wrote:
So, she's gone a bit "loopy" in the last 2 years. Probably drug related, and most of her offences seem to be a slack attitude to driving. Maybe in the US, that marks her as a convicted felon, here she'd be seen more as a prima donna and irresponsible.

Absolutely. The US seems to have a more puritanical attitude to driving offences, whereas over here we’re pretty indulgent. When our favourite irresponsible prima donna crashes into a branch of Happy Snaps or falls out of the car while driving along the motorway we just shrug & say “Yeah well, that’s just how George Michael is.....” laugh
User IP Logged

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #520 on: Apr 4th, 2014, 3:37pm »

on Apr 4th, 2014, 12:41pm, Dust wrote:
I can only assume that you're quite taken by the picture of Amanda that D&O posted.

I thought that was the point of this thread nowadays. grin
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #521 on: Apr 5th, 2014, 06:29am »

User Image
Agnetha Fältskog (singer) - 64
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4868
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #522 on: Apr 5th, 2014, 12:54pm »

on Apr 4th, 2014, 12:41pm, Dust wrote:
I can only assume that you're quite taken by the picture of Amanda that D&O posted. Frankly, the notion that Amanda is a self-obsessed, self-destructive train-wreck and that Miley is a deliberately controversial, media-provoking pop star on the rise is pretty well established in the US. Again, I don't really care... I'm just giving you public perception. If you want to know about Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, etc., you'll have to turn elsewhere. smiley


I wasn't taken by the picture tbh, she looks a bit bloated, apart from anything else. But I don't care enough either, certainly not enough to fall out with someone I usually get on with.

That said, I HATE YOU, because since we started this discussion, I've had the purile, infantile-lyric, trash that is "Wrecking Ball" permanently lodged in my head.

I'll get you back! grin
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9223
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #523 on: Apr 5th, 2014, 3:49pm »

on Apr 5th, 2014, 12:54pm, foxfeeder wrote:
That said, I HATE YOU, because since we started this discussion, I've had the purile, infantile-lyric, trash that is "Wrecking Ball" permanently lodged in my head.

I'll get you back! grin

cheesy
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2272
xx Re: Today's Birthdays
« Reply #524 on: Apr 15th, 2014, 07:36am »

User Image

Dave Edmunds, guitar legend - 70 today
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37  ...  50 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls