Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2017, 5:36pm


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 238777 times)
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4395 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 06:41am »

Hi there



Spending a glorious summer's afternoon in the company of Genesis legend Tony Banks at the band's studio always guaranteed to bring a smile to my face grin



Alan H
User IP Logged

foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4918
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4396 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 10:22am »

on Jun 28th, 2015, 5:57pm, ericm wrote:
This pic. It's a flag someone flew during Kanye West's set at Glastonbury.

I found this genius, and incredibly funny that someone thought this up, and then flew it. laugh

http://imgur.com/2jSsd8S


My daughter told me about this, Doesn't seem to have bothered Kim, who was there! Another thing that made me laugh: Someone asked Michael Eavis what he thought of Kanye West's show, his reply: "I was going to ask you. I wasn't there, I was at the Moody Blues. I was on-stage for the last song. Do you know 'Question'?. Fantastic song. What a privilege eh? grin
User IP Logged

Ian

"One wish?"
"Yes, one" said the genie.
"Simple! I'll have the musical talent of Steve Hackett" I replied!
Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is online

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4591
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4397 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 12:28pm »

I don't get this Kanye/Kim thing at all. I can hardly see what is on that flag in that picture, I don't know what it refers to nor what the overall context is. Then again...never mind, it's not like I'd care about it grin
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4398 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 1:01pm »

On the stock market Jim Cramer Show (which I hate) this morning, they played 'Roundabout', nice touch. cool
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4399 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 1:02pm »

Thanks for the well wishes on my weight loss.

Glad you are feeling better too COT.
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4400 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 1:04pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 12:28pm, Schrottrocker wrote:
I don't get this Kanye/Kim thing at all. I can hardly see what is on that flag in that picture, I don't know what it refers to nor what the overall context is. Then again...never mind, it's not like I'd care about it grin


I don't like it either Eric (sorry) not because I'm a fan of Kim or Kanye (see my rant on Facebook) but it's not related to his horrible music, which is the part of him being at Glastonbury that bothered me.

I'm sick to death of the Karasshians too and don't car if her feelings got hurt or anything, but If a musician we respected was married to somebody who had that kind of past and somebody did that, I don't think it would be as amusing.
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9245
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4401 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 1:50pm »

To be honest, I'm not a fan of any of this sort of crap. It's all over Facebook... "Kanye sucks... hip-hop sucks... bunch of no-talent assholes...." Jeez. Don't like it, don't listen to it, it's that simple. Don't like the Kardashians, change the channel. No one can force anything "down my throat" if I don't let them.

And hey, haven't we Genesis fans learned anything after decades of shrugging-off the Phil Collins-bashing? To get all upset when someone says Phil's lame or that Prog-rock is pretentious garbage, and then turn around and trash what someone else likes... why even bother?
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4402 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 3:24pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 1:50pm, Dust wrote:
To be honest, I'm not a fan of any of this sort of crap. It's all over Facebook... "Kanye sucks... hip-hop sucks... bunch of no-talent assholes...." Jeez. Don't like it, don't listen to it, it's that simple. Don't like the Kardashians, change the channel. No one can force anything "down my throat" if I don't let them.

And hey, haven't we Genesis fans learned anything after decades of shrugging-off the Phil Collins-bashing? To get all upset when someone says Phil's lame or that Prog-rock is pretentious garbage, and then turn around and trash what someone else likes... why even bother?


Well as I'm one of the people who put it 'all over Facebook' I just don't get it, I don't get why people like this dude.

I don't like a LOT of bands, but can appreciate that its just not my taste, and even though Kanye is also not to my taste, he's so horrible and as hard as I try I don't see anything special in what he does at all apart from perhaps market himself, I find him offensive.

Pretty sure Im not alone in that.
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4403 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 3:24pm »

Dusty, did you hear 'Roundabout' on the Jim Cramer show?
User IP Logged

User Image
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2331
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4404 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:10pm »

Uon Jun 29th, 2015, 1:50pm, Dust wrote:
To be honest, I'm not a fan of any of this sort of crap. It's all over Facebook... "Kanye sucks... hip-hop sucks... bunch of no-talent assholes...." Jeez. Don't like it, don't listen to it, it's that simple. Don't like the Kardashians, change the channel. No one can force anything "down my throat" if I don't let them.

And hey, haven't we Genesis fans learned anything after decades of shrugging-off the Phil Collins-bashing? To get all upset when someone says Phil's lame or that Prog-rock is pretentious garbage, and then turn around and trash what someone else likes... why even bother?


I haven't watched a single second of their show,and definitely don't listen to Kanye. That said, you can't really avoid these people. It's not as easy as turn the channel or just don't listen.

I don't like them or what they do but I don't bash them either. I just ignore them as much as possible but unfortunately that's not possible all the time. They're EVERYFRIGGINWHERE!!

That said, I think one of the reasons I got a kick out of that flag is someone was just sending a friendly reminder of how all their nonsense and empire started. A little payback for bombarding our every sense with their nonstop nonsense. To me that was funny. If they can dish out all their crap to the masses, they have to take some too.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:11pm by ericm » User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9245
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4405 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:40pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 3:24pm, Lily wrote:
Well as I'm one of the people who put it 'all over Facebook' I just don't get it, I don't get why people like this dude.

I don't like a LOT of bands, but can appreciate that its just not my taste, and even though Kanye is also not to my taste, he's so horrible and as hard as I try I don't see anything special in what he does at all apart from perhaps market himself, I find him offensive.

Pretty sure Im not alone in that.

No, I'm not talking about your post. What you said is fine. I'm referring to the few respondents whose comments are ugly and hateful and profane and dismissive of an entire genre of music and everyone who participates in it.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:42pm by Dust » User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9245
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4406 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:43pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 6:10pm, ericm wrote:
U

I haven't watched a single second of their show,and definitely don't listen to Kanye. That said, you can't really avoid these people. It's not as easy as turn the channel or just don't listen.

I don't like them or what they do but I don't bash them either. I just ignore them as much as possible but unfortunately that's not possible all the time. They're EVERYFRIGGINWHERE!!

Okay then. I manage to avoid them, but maybe it's just me. smiley
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4407 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:50pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 6:43pm, Dust wrote:
Okay then. I manage to avoid them, but maybe it's just me. smiley


You didn't on Facebook though did you? grin




The Glastonbury shows are changing I guess. Look at the headliners over the years, pretty cool stuff:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival_line-ups
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:50pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4691
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4408 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 6:52pm »

on Jun 29th, 2015, 06:41am, alanh wrote:
Hi there



Spending a glorious summer's afternoon in the company of Genesis legend Tony Banks at the band's studio always guaranteed to bring a smile to my face grin



Alan H


I bet!


I stood 5 feet from him once in Cleveland, he was waiting for an elevator with his posse and wanted to avoid fans I think. Being so close to him I thought I was going to cry and throw up at the same time, come to think of it, that's kind of how he looked too!

grin
User IP Logged

User Image
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2331
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4409 on: Jun 29th, 2015, 7:16pm »

Ion Jun 29th, 2015, 6:43pm, Dust wrote:
Okay then. I manage to avoid them, but maybe it's just me. smiley


Please Dust tell me your secret. grin

I use my guide when searching for a program just so I don't channel surf, and end up their show for even a second. I don't follow any of them but can't seem to avoid them whether it be in a supermarket checkout, skimming some internet news sites, TV commercials on channels their damn show isn't even on, and just about any event out there at least one of them pops up. It seems there's something about one of them somewhere at every turn, and I honestly do my best to avoid them. I can't even think about how bad it would be if I didn't try, and avoid them. wink
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls