Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 7:59pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 78144 times)
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4305 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 05:29am »

Hi there



Reading through an interview with Paul Gosling who directed the video for Steve Hackett's Love Song To A Vampire track which had been kindly submitted by this forum's very own Foxfeeder and noticed at the end of it a reference to Paul finding a paper copy of TWR in the Virgin Megastore back in the late '80's and congratulating me for keeping it going. Always nice to be appreciated especially by someone as talented as Paul obviously is!


Alan H
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4306 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 07:26am »

I found out yesterday that I'm definitely moving in Toronto. It's been on the cards for a while, I really don't like the place we are living in now, so as well as being glad to leave here (even though close isn't until Sept 16), I'm even more excited that the new place is fully wired up all through with Bang and Olufsen A/V, all we have to do is buy the TV's and speakers! cool

SO excited!!! cheesy
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9304
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4307 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 08:18am »

on Jun 4th, 2015, 07:26am, Lily wrote:
I found out yesterday that I'm definitely moving in Toronto. It's been on the cards for a while, I really don't like the place we are living in now, so as well as being glad to leave here (even though close isn't until Sept 16), I'm even more excited that the new place is fully wired up all through with Bang and Olufsen A/V, all we have to do is buy the TV's and speakers! cool

SO excited!!! cheesy

Great news, congrats! smiley
User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4308 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 09:42am »

+ 1

Congratulations Lily smiley

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4309 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 10:31am »

Thanks guys.


I'm so hyper about it, I'm now going through the RUSH set list for this tour one by one to decide if I should go on June 19th, set two looks amazing!!

Always interesting going to a RUSH show, even in their hometown I can usually count the other females there on one hand!


Set list if anyone's interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qqd7bb7hgck6h4/R40SetLists.xlsx?dl=0
User IP Logged

User Image
John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4310 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 10:54am »

on Jun 4th, 2015, 10:31am, Lily wrote:
Thanks guys.


I'm so hyper about it, I'm now going through the RUSH set list for this tour one by one to decide if I should go on June 19th, set two looks amazing!!

Always interesting going to a RUSH show, even in their hometown I can usually count the other females there on one hand!


Set list if anyone's interested:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qqd7bb7hgck6h4/R40SetLists.xlsx?dl=0


Even I am thinking of going to see Rush on this tour. I saw every UK tour up until Moving Pictures and sort of didn't embarassed

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5079
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4311 on: Jun 4th, 2015, 12:51pm »

on Jun 4th, 2015, 05:29am, alanh wrote:
Hi there



Reading through an interview with Paul Gosling who directed the video for Steve Hackett's Love Song To A Vampire track which had been kindly submitted by this forum's very own Foxfeeder and noticed at the end of it a reference to Paul finding a paper copy of TWR in the Virgin Megastore back in the late '80's and congratulating me for keeping it going. Always nice to be appreciated especially by someone as talented as Paul obviously is!


Alan H


To be honest, it came as a bit of a surprise to me when he said that. I don't go back that far with TWR, it was 1993 when Steve's office pointed me at you as I'd missed the Guitar Noir Tour, but I didn't know record shops had stocked it. I assume this was Oxford Road, London Megastore? Been there once, October 1986, but spent my whole time in the import section downstairs, where I used my new credit card for the first time.

Downstairs later became a CD pressing and mastering plant where the public could watch them being made, but I was never lucky enough to see it. Original copies of VOTA have "Virgin Megastore" stamped in the inner circle.
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
alanh
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3956
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4312 on: Jun 5th, 2015, 04:31am »

Hi there



Yes, it was the Oxford Road Megastore. Seems that I am fated to do stuff with Genesis. I found out several years after they had closed down that the building which housed the publishers of my first book on the band (Opening The Musical Box) in Denmark Street had once housed Regent Studios where Genesis recorded their first album - spooky or what?



Alan H
User IP Logged

John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4313 on: Jun 5th, 2015, 05:11am »

Hearing that a good friend has some amazing news.... cool

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4314 on: Jun 5th, 2015, 05:49am »

on Jun 5th, 2015, 05:11am, John Wilkinson wrote:
Hearing that a good friend has some amazing news.... cool

Best wishes

John


Oh..do tell!
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
John Wilkinson
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

www.mama-genesis.co.uk


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2464
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4315 on: Jun 5th, 2015, 06:07am »

Sorry matey I cannot...More than my jobs worth etc etc lipsrsealed

Anyways this is up to them to announce smiley

Best wishes

John
User IP Logged

Mama: The all era Genesis tribute band
www.mama-genesis.co.uk
CountingOutTime
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 19232
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4316 on: Jun 6th, 2015, 12:09pm »

I have 11 grandchildren - 2 boys, 9 girls

Today, we're celebrating Stephanie's 19th b'day at Friday's restaurant in Riverside, CA. She moved away from home about a year ago, unhappy with her home situation. We got her two $25 gift cards for the grocery store, and Kitty got her some makeup and other girlie things. She works at Taco Bell. Not sure if you have those in the UK. It's an American style Mexican fast food restaurant. She wants to work in special education helping mentally handicapped children, so she's also going to college. We're very proud of her.

Her sister, Krystie, is 15 years old and lately has been showing a love for classic 60s and 70s rock music.

Her Dad was a great influence throughout her formative years, playing The Beatles, The Doors, The Beach Boys, etc.

Last week, she came over wearing an Allman Brothers t-shirt. Wow!

I know it's her sister's b'day today, but we bought Krystie a Led Zeppelin 1975 tour shirt. It's a replica, but it's tie-dyed and colorful. I have one as well, and she's always saying she loves it. I can't wait to see her face when we give it to her.

My grandkids always put a smile on my face, every day. What a blessing. They range from 8 years old to 26 years old. We also have 2 great-grandsons, Alex and Nikolas.
User IP Logged

Yild4Genesis
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM


Posts: 3504
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4317 on: Jun 6th, 2015, 4:09pm »

on Jun 6th, 2015, 12:09pm, CountingOutTime wrote:
I have 11 grandchildren - 2 boys, 9 girls

Today, we're celebrating Stephanie's 19th b'day at Friday's restaurant in Riverside, CA. She moved away from home about a year ago, unhappy with her home situation. We got her two $25 gift cards for the grocery store, and Kitty got her some makeup and other girlie things. She works at Taco Bell. Not sure if you have those in the UK. It's an American style Mexican fast food restaurant. She wants to work in special education helping mentally handicapped children, so she's also going to college. We're very proud of her.

Her sister, Krystie, is 15 years old and lately has been showing a love for classic 60s and 70s rock music.

Her Dad was a great influence throughout her formative years, playing The Beatles, The Doors, The Beach Boys, etc.

Last week, she came over wearing an Allman Brothers t-shirt. Wow!

I know it's her sister's b'day today, but we bought Krystie a Led Zeppelin 1975 tour shirt. It's a replica, but it's tie-dyed and colorful. I have one as well, and she's always saying she loves it. I can't wait to see her face when we give it to her.

My grandkids always put a smile on my face, every day. What a blessing. They range from 8 years old to 26 years old. We also have 2 great-grandsons, Alex and Nikolas.


This post puts a smile on my face
smiley
User IP Logged

I wrote the last entry in my diary today. It simply said...bugger
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4318 on: Jun 6th, 2015, 6:35pm »

Nice post COT.

I too am grateful to have children in my life.
Last week I went to my first Humanistic Judaism Bnai Mitzvah.

It was for my person's eldest grandson, whom I have known now for 7 years now, and whom I am very, very fond of and have a great relationship with.

Having been to a few traditional religious Bah Mitzvahs in the past and having to fight not to pass out with boredom at the long ceremony. This one by contrast was entertaining, intelligent and had loads of heart.

I loved it. And now I 'get it', the importance of this ceremony and what it means.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2015, 6:36pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4738
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #4319 on: Jun 7th, 2015, 04:15am »

What is a Bar Mitzvah? I've heard that term so many times and I still have no clue what it is. It has something to do with Jewish boys turning 13 years old, right?
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls