Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 27th, 2017, 12:32pm


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 1877 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3525 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 05:17am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 05:09am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Not sure why it puts a smile on the face, but okay. Anyway, I know very little about football because I've never been interested in it. To me, it's just people kicking a ball back and forth around a field; not very entertaining. Also, I found out that the match is still going ahead, even though England cannot possibly qualify. I guess it has to be played anyway as part of schedule. I hope England at least does well in their last match. smiley

It puts a smile on my face because it shows your complete disinterest in and naivety about football. If football is of no interest to you, that's fine. The game goes ahead because:

1. Fans have bought tickets in advance for the game.

2. Whilst it is meaningless for England, it most certainly isn't for Costa Rica. If they avoid defeat, they finish top of the group. If they lose, Italy or Uruguay could overtake them. This would affect which team they might face in the next stage of the tournament.

The smile on my face was not supposed to be condescending to you. If you felt that it was, I can only apologise.

P.S. I also liked the phrase "permanently eliminated"! grin
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2014, 05:18am by Down And Out » User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3526 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 05:35am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 03:55am, Paloma wrote:
Being called to make a reherseal for a tv programme grin

Will I become famous at my age?? cheesy cheesy

That would be awesome. Good luck! Tell us more! smiley
User IP Logged

Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3527 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 05:48am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 05:35am, Dust wrote:
That would be awesome. Good luck! Tell us more! smiley


Thank you Dust smiley

I made the casting a couple of months ago and they told me they were happy with the way I acted and with the way I looked on a tv screen and that they would phone me again, but after two months I had nearly given up they would.

Yesterday I got the phone call and I have to be there on Monday to start the rehearsals. I am learning the script now cheesy cheesy

My role is a boss called Ursula. grin
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3528 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 06:24am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 05:09am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
Not sure why it puts a smile on the face, but okay. Anyway, I know very little about football because I've never been interested in it. To me, it's just people kicking a ball back and forth around a field; not very entertaining. Also, I found out that the match is still going ahead, even though England cannot possibly qualify. I guess it has to be played anyway as part of schedule. I hope England at least does well in their last match. smiley


Does seem very silly though! What a waste. I guess it will be on TV too. rolleyes

Puts a smile on my face watching our youngest cat playing with a ball. His ball control is so good! smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3529 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 06:30am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 06:24am, Squigelyfox wrote:
Does seem very silly though! What a waste.

But as I said in my post, it is NOT a waste for Costa Rica. There are TWO teams in any football match.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7497
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3530 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 07:04am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 06:30am, Down And Out wrote:
But as I said in my post, it is NOT a waste for Costa Rica. There are TWO teams in any football match.


I know. Still a silly a long-winded way of doing it. If a team were eliminated first time they lose, would be over a lot quicker! cheesy

When is it over anyway?
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2014, 07:05am by Squigelyfox » User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3531 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 07:09am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 07:04am, Squigelyfox wrote:
I know. Still a silly a long-winded way of doing it. If a team were eliminated first time they lose, would be over a lot quicker! cheesy

That would be more exciting. grin The reason they do it this way is so that every team, some having travelled thousands of miles to reach the host country, gets to play at least 3 matches.

on Jun 21st, 2014, 07:04am, Squigelyfox wrote:
When is it over anyway?

The final is on Sunday 13th July.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2336
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3532 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 08:08am »

Woke up to beautiful sunny skies. Meeting up with JaneCool later for a backyard concert at a friend of ours home. Getting to hang with her, and some other really good friends today, and enjoy an intimate concert taboot! Priceless ! smiley
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14091
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3533 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 09:07am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 05:17am, Down And Out wrote:
The smile on my face was not supposed to be condescending to you. If you felt that it was, I can only apologise.

It wasn't condescending. I was silly to say that the match wouldn't go ahead, of course it would... I'm daft. grin
User IP Logged

Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4627
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3534 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 10:11am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 09:07am, NoSonOfVine wrote:
It wasn't condescending. I was silly to say that the match wouldn't go ahead, of course it would... I'm daft. grin


This kind of games allow the team to play more relaxed. It's not all about winning, once it doesn't matter whether you win or not it's about sports and fun. You're taking part in a tournament, you finish your schedule at least looking good and serving your fans a good match. You have to learn a lot about football, boy grin
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4694
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3535 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 10:19am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 03:55am, Paloma wrote:
Being called to make a reherseal for a tv programme grin

Will I become famous at my age?? cheesy cheesy


Oh his exciting! What program is it?


Edit: saw you listed after I asked, sorry.

Keep us posted on Ursula the boss. She is the boss of whom, do you have to be all stern and sexy?
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2014, 10:22am by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9266
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3536 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 11:11am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 10:19am, Lily wrote:
.... do you have to be all stern and sexy?

It might take some real acting for Paloma to be stern. wink
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4694
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3537 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 11:22am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 11:11am, Dust wrote:
It might take some real acting for Paloma to be stern. wink

I disagree, did you see that awesome picture of her in the photos thread, she looked very stern and sexy to me! cool
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4694
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3538 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 11:25am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 08:08am, ericm wrote:
Woke up to beautiful sunny skies. Meeting up with JaneCool later for a backyard concert at a friend of ours home. Getting to hang with her, and some other really good friends today, and enjoy an intimate concert taboot! Priceless ! smiley


Sounds wonderful, wish I could join you!
User IP Logged

User Image
Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #3539 on: Jun 21st, 2014, 11:43am »

on Jun 21st, 2014, 10:19am, Lily wrote:
Oh his exciting! What program is it?


Edit: saw you listed after I asked, sorry.

Keep us posted on Ursula the boss. She is the boss of whom, do you have to be all stern and sexy?


No, I don't have to be stern, let alone sexy! lol

And I don't think I look stern and, once again, let alone sexy at all!

It is a serious tv programme, but they are not looking for actors and actresses, just ordinary people that the audience can trust.

I am someone's else boss and we disagree about the way she works in the company.
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 236 237 238  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls