Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Sep 20th, 2017, 6:33pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 39776 times)
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2220 on: May 20th, 2013, 2:01pm »

Had to take a peek...mixed feelings here.


http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/20/justin-bieber-booed-billboard-music-awards/
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2221 on: May 20th, 2013, 2:10pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 2:01pm, Lily wrote:
Had to take a peek...mixed feelings here.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/20/justin-bieber-booed-billboard-music-awards/

I hadn't seen that before. At least the boos subsided once he thanked his Mom and Jesus Christ. smiley
User IP Logged

boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2312
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2222 on: May 20th, 2013, 3:24pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 2:10pm, Dust wrote:
I hadn't seen that before. At least the boos subsided once he thanked his Mom and Jesus Christ. smiley

Er, how did Jesus Christ help Bieber win that award? Was he on the judging panel?
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2223 on: May 20th, 2013, 3:52pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 3:24pm, boredatwork wrote:
Er, how did Jesus Christ help Bieber win that award? Was he on the judging panel?


Really, I was thinking, don't blame Jesus!! grin
User IP Logged

User Image
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2346
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2224 on: May 20th, 2013, 10:23pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 12:42pm, Dust wrote:
I didn't see that part of the show, but I understand the booing started when Bieber's name was announced and he hadn't yet gotten to the stage. If this is the case, I think that's uncool.

Now, I don't like Bieber or his music, and what little I know of his public behavior strikes me as the antics of a self-important little jerk. But to attend the Billboard Music Awards and boo a performer like Bieber--or Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift or anyone else for whom these award shows are designed to spotlight--is a little lame. I almost feel sorry for the kid. smiley


Yeah, it probably was uncool, but I got a kick out of it nonetheless. wink I don't usually find humor in other's discomfort, but the booing definitely put a smile on my face. I almost felt bad about that until he started his "I'm an artist" bit, then I was hoping for more boos. grin
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5022
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2225 on: May 21st, 2013, 08:09am »

on May 20th, 2013, 2:10pm, Dust wrote:
I hadn't seen that before. At least the boos subsided once he thanked his Mom and Jesus Christ. smiley


Is he implying...............................?

laugh
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4701
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2226 on: May 21st, 2013, 09:06am »

on May 20th, 2013, 10:23pm, ericm wrote:
I almost felt bad about that until he started his "I'm an artist" bit, then I was hoping for more boos. grin


Bad Eric! grin


I watched part of that awards show last night, I didn't get to the bit we are talking about, but I did have the misfortune to see a lot of crap performers, particularly JB, he should have been booed for that, talk about autotune. rolleyes
User IP Logged

User Image
MonsterMouse
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

the stumpy hobbit !!!!!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1814
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2227 on: May 21st, 2013, 09:09am »

on May 21st, 2013, 08:09am, foxfeeder wrote:
Is he implying...............................?

laugh



laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Now this comment def brought a smile to my face grin
User IP Logged

You gotta get in to get out !


User Image
boredatwork
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 2312
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2228 on: May 21st, 2013, 11:09am »

on May 21st, 2013, 08:09am, foxfeeder wrote:
Is he implying...............................?

laugh

laugh laugh
Well since Justin Bieber's reaction on visiting Ann Frank’s house was to declare that she would have been one of his fans, why not go the whole way & proclaim himself the new Messiah?
User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2229 on: May 21st, 2013, 4:37pm »

on May 18th, 2013, 5:38pm, Merryman72 wrote:
Excellent recording, and what a cracking version of The Waiting Room! grin


Currently listening to The Lamb live... and I'm sorry to say this, but the live version of The Waiting Room was just, well, not The Waiting Room, at all... undecided I mean sure it's got lots of great new stuff on it and like many Genesis songs shows off the band's unlimited talent, but the experimental, creepy charm of the original track got totally lost. One of my favourite parts of the album too. Sorry Merryman but... it spoilt it for me. lipsrsealed sad
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2013, 4:38pm by NoSonOfVine » User IP Logged

NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14130
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2230 on: May 21st, 2013, 4:47pm »

on May 21st, 2013, 4:37pm, NoSonofVine wrote:
Currently listening to The Lamb live... and I'm sorry to say this, but the live version of The Waiting Room was just, well, not The Waiting Room, at all... undecided I mean sure it's got lots of great new stuff on it and like many Genesis songs shows off the band's unlimited talent, but the experimental, creepy charm of the original track got totally lost. One of my favourite parts of the album too. Sorry Merryman but... it spoilt it for me. lipsrsealed sad


Thankfully though, most of the rest of the live concert is pretty damn good. Though not nearly as good as the studio version (which, by the way, is now my third favourite Genesis album, knocking ATTWT down to fourth place).
User IP Logged

HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6482
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2231 on: May 21st, 2013, 5:17pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 2:01pm, Lily wrote:
Had to take a peek...mixed feelings here.
http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/20/justin-bieber-booed-billboard-music-awards/


Not exactly Mr. Humble, is he?

He's set himself up for all the ridicule. No one else to blame.

And what's up with Cee Lo Green's trousers? Does he have the same tailor as Chris Squire? huh
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
HENRY
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Miserable Git


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 6482
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2232 on: May 21st, 2013, 5:26pm »

on May 20th, 2013, 12:42pm, Dust wrote:
Now, I don't like Bieber or his music, and what little I know of his public behavior strikes me as the antics of a self-important little jerk. But to attend the Billboard Music Awards and boo a performer like Bieber--or Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift or anyone else for whom these award shows are designed to spotlight--is a little lame. I almost feel sorry for the kid. smiley


The kid is officially an adult now. Maybe he should start acting like one.
And with regards to the booing, I think people are fully entitled to express themselves when the moment presents itself. Bieber got booed for obvious reasons. What were Gomez and Swift booed for?
User IP Logged

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." - Frank Zappa
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2233 on: May 21st, 2013, 8:38pm »

on May 21st, 2013, 5:26pm, HENRY wrote:
The kid is officially an adult now. Maybe he should start acting like one.
And with regards to the booing, I think people are fully entitled to express themselves when the moment presents itself. Bieber got booed for obvious reasons. What were Gomez and Swift booed for?

Yeah, I still think it's uncool to attend an awards ceremony and boo a trophy winner before he ever opens his mouth. Tacky and classless. I'd even say the same if it were Celine Dion. grin
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2013, 8:46pm by Dust » User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9289
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #2234 on: May 21st, 2013, 8:43pm »

I stopped at the store on my way home from work to get an anniversary card for my wife. After selecting the right one, I proceeded to the checkout when I saw, walking toward me... my wife. She was there to buy me a card.

So she went to the greeting card section and found me a card. I gave her hers and she gave me mine. We each read our cards, then put them back and didn't buy them. cheesy
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls