Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 10:41am



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 77944 times)
Merryman72
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Give me steam!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4096
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1665 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 2:23pm »

The fact that the whole of page 1 and some of page 2 of TFOLR have had new posts this afternoon/evening smiley
User IP Logged

Was it you or was it me? Or was it he or she?

NB: despite what my name may suggest, I was not born in 1972 tongue
ChocolateSurprise
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Choccy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 24152
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1666 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 2:58pm »

My son's girlfriend painting a picture for our (newly refurbished) lounge wall. Bless her, she knows we've been deliberating over it since the lounge was finished so she took it upon herself to paint one for us and it's just perfect! The really touching bit is that she then booked a train and carried it as hand luggage all the way from Germany. To say I'm touched and over the moon is an understatement! smiley
User IP Logged

Can she fail armed with her Chocolate Surprise?!

Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11069
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1667 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 3:03pm »

on Jan 13th, 2013, 2:58pm, ChocolateSurprise wrote:
My son's girlfriend painting a picture for our (newly refurbished) lounge wall. Bless her, she knows we've been deliberating over it since the lounge was finished so she took it upon herself to paint one for us and it's just perfect! The really touching bit is that she then booked a train and carried it as hand luggage all the way from Germany. To say I'm touched and over the moon is an understatement! smiley


That's really nice of her!.. smiley
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1668 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 3:55pm »

Obsessed with this picture....User Image
User IP Logged

User Image
ChocolateSurprise
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Choccy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 24152
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1669 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 4:06pm »

on Jan 13th, 2013, 3:55pm, Lily wrote:
Obsessed with this picture....User Image


Works for me too! (funnily enough!) rolleyes
User IP Logged

Can she fail armed with her Chocolate Surprise?!

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1670 on: Jan 13th, 2013, 4:15pm »

There is something very sexy about that photograph to me! tongue
User IP Logged

User Image
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11069
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1671 on: Jan 14th, 2013, 5:39pm »

User Image
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11069
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1672 on: Jan 15th, 2013, 08:58am »

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: ‘Daddy, may I ask you a question?’

DAD: ‘Yeah sure, what it is?’ replied the man.

SON: ‘Daddy, how much do you make an hour?’

DAD: ‘That’s none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?’ the man said angrily.

SON: ‘I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?’

DAD: ‘If you must know, I make $50 an hour.’

SON: ‘Oh,’ the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: ‘Daddy, may I please borrow $25?’

The father was furious, ‘If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don’t work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.’

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy’s questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn’t ask for money very often The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and opened the door.

‘Are you asleep, son?’ He asked.

‘No Daddy, I’m awake,’ replied the boy.

‘I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier’ said the man. ‘It’s been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here’s the $25 you asked for.’

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. ‘Oh, thank you Daddy!’ he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

‘Why do you want more money if you already have some?’ the father grumbled.

‘Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,’ the little boy replied.

‘Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.’

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share time with someone you love. If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours... But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1673 on: Jan 15th, 2013, 09:14am »

on Jan 15th, 2013, 08:58am, Noni wrote:
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: ‘Daddy, may I ask you a question?’

DAD: ‘Yeah sure, what it is?’ replied the man.

SON: ‘Daddy, how much do you make an hour?’

DAD: ‘That’s none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?’ the man said angrily.

SON: ‘I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?’

DAD: ‘If you must know, I make $50 an hour.’

SON: ‘Oh,’ the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: ‘Daddy, may I please borrow $25?’

The father was furious, ‘If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don’t work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.’

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy’s questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn’t ask for money very often The man went to the door of the little boy’s room and opened the door.

‘Are you asleep, son?’ He asked.

‘No Daddy, I’m awake,’ replied the boy.

‘I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier’ said the man. ‘It’s been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here’s the $25 you asked for.’

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. ‘Oh, thank you Daddy!’ he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.

The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

‘Why do you want more money if you already have some?’ the father grumbled.

‘Because I didn’t have enough, but now I do,’ the little boy replied.

‘Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.’

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share time with someone you love. If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of hours... But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.


This makes you smile?

Reminds me of Cat's in the cradle lyrics:

My child arrived just the other day
He came to the world in the usual way
But there were planes to catch and bills to pay
He learned to walk while I was away
And he was talkin' 'fore I knew it, and as he grew
He'd say "I'm gonna be like you dad
You know I'm gonna be like you"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

My son turned ten just the other day
He said, "Thanks for the ball, Dad, come on let's play
Can you teach me to throw", I said "Not today
I got a lot to do", he said, "That's ok"
And he walked away but his smile never dimmed
And said, "I'm gonna be like him, yeah
You know I'm gonna be like him"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

Well, he came home from college just the other day
So much like a man I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you, can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head and said with a smile
"What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later, can I have them please?"

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then

I've long since retired, my son's moved away
I called him up just the other day
I said, "I'd like to see you if you don't mind"
He said, "I'd love to, Dad, if I can find the time
You see my new job's a hassle and kids have the flu
But it's sure nice talking to you, Dad
It's been sure nice talking to you"

And as I hung up the phone it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
When you comin' home son?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then son
You know we'll have a good time then
User IP Logged

User Image
Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11069
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1674 on: Jan 15th, 2013, 09:39am »



This makes you smile?

Yes it makes me happy!..


smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2013, 09:39am by Noni » User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
ChocolateSurprise
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Choccy


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 24152
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1675 on: Jan 15th, 2013, 10:34am »

Only working mornings now - I love it! grin
User IP Logged

Can she fail armed with her Chocolate Surprise?!

Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1676 on: Jan 16th, 2013, 04:39am »

Tesco selling horse burgers! grin And since I've boycotted their vile stores for about 15 years, I haven't had any. smiley I do shop at Iceland but have never bought their "beef" burgers. wink
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
ericm
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 2350
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1677 on: Jan 16th, 2013, 06:20am »

on Jan 15th, 2013, 09:39am, Noni wrote:
This makes you smile?

Yes it makes me happy!..


smiley


The only thing about that that made me smile is knowing I've lived my life cherishing every moment I've had with my kids, and loved ones. Sacrificed some big pay days, but never once regretted passing on the $$$.

This story actually made me a bit sad thinking so many do let these moments slip through their fingers, and have to be reminded about what's truly important. But to each their own. Not everyone puts the same importance on things. I feel bad for them, and their loved ones who miss out.
User IP Logged

"You're not getting laid if you're standing there with your cell phone."
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14165
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1678 on: Jan 16th, 2013, 06:25am »

The page width of this thread returning to normal. smiley
User IP Logged

Schrottrocker
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 4738
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1679 on: Jan 16th, 2013, 06:50am »

on Jan 15th, 2013, 09:39am, Noni wrote:
This makes you smile?

Yes it makes me happy!..


smiley


To be honest, I don't like 'moral' stories like that one. The way it starts I was expecting a joke, instead I was hit with this "maybe you should think about this" moral hammer. It's like you bite into a yummy looking piece of chocolate and it has bitter medicine in it. Sorry smiley
User IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls