Board Logo
« What puts a smile on your face? »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 24th, 2017, 7:57pm



« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: What puts a smile on your face?  (Read 78140 times)
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1590 on: Dec 22nd, 2012, 09:59am »

It's the 22nd of December, which means the days are getting longer (in the northern hemisphere). smiley
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5079
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1591 on: Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:22am »

User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1592 on: Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:40pm »

This old Roxy Music video, Brian Eno's outfit, Bryan Ferry's dancing and the awesome song and the memories that come back when I listen to it.


« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:41pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
Paloma
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

The Lamb rules!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 16604
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1593 on: Dec 22nd, 2012, 3:20pm »

Col, my sons, my friends. smiley
User IP Logged

Live and let live.
NoSonOfVine
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 14165
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1594 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:08am »

Waking up this morning from one of the most frustrating nightmares I've ever dreamt. The feeling of relief as you gradually open your eyes, it's fantastic... to know that you're safe from harm, safe from whatever you problem you just faced.

I dreamt that it was the last day of term back in secondary school. (Yeah, I do still dream about my old school) Anyway, it was the last day of term and we were watching The Simpsons in the last lesson of the day, right before the Christmas break. When suddenly, the teacher stopped the DVD and asked us if we've handed in our end-of-term essays. I remembered I had left it at home; everyone else was allowed to leave. So I phoned Dad, who took me home to get it, but when I came back, the school was closed so I couldn't get in the building, and I was getting soaked in the rain. I found a secret entrance in at the back and headed to the school office to hand my essay in, when suddenly, this teacher came along and told me there was a suspicion of me carrying illegal drugs, and made me fill out some strange form to clear my name. After I finished it, I remembered I still needed to hand in my essay, but it was gone. My phone rang, my Dad telling me to come home because dinner was on the table, and I told him I needed more time. But the teacher expelled me for the essay's lateness, telling me to collect my belongings and never come back. My belongings were in the classroom I was in at the start of the dream, but the door was locked. I ran back to ask her for a key, but she was gone, I was trapped inside the school, and I woke right up in horror.

It was far more realistic than most dreams the average person would have, and that's what made it so painful to go through. Damn you, brain.
User IP Logged

Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9304
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1595 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:21am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:08am, NoSonofVine wrote:
Yeah, I do still dream about my old school...

Thirty years later I still have these dreams. The most common is that it's nearing the end of the term, and I realize I'm registered for a class I've never been to and I have to write papers on books I've never read.

Sometimes I'm also completely naked and trapped in a bathroom stall. undecided
User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1596 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:25am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:08am, NoSonofVine wrote:


It was far more realistic than most dreams the average person would have, .


How do you know this? undecided

Also, I'd be curious to know if you consider yourself above or below average. grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1597 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:26am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:21am, Dust wrote:
Sometimes I'm also completely naked and trapped in a bathroom stall. undecided


A bathroom stallhuh? grin
User IP Logged

User Image
Dust
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 9304
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1598 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:49am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:26am, Lily wrote:
A bathroom stall?? grin

Yep, this one:

User Image
EDIT: Except that they didn't have those seat-protectors when I was in school. smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2012, 08:51am by Dust » User IP Logged

Lily
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm just spoiled


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 4704
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1599 on: Dec 24th, 2012, 10:30am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:49am, Dust wrote:
Yep, this one:

User Image
EDIT: Except that they didn't have those seat-protectors when I was in school. smiley


Ah, so it's a 'naked in a SCHOOL' bathroom stall, not just any old bathroom stall, that makes more sense somehow. grin


« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2012, 6:59pm by Lily » User IP Logged

User Image
foxfeeder
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

I'm an all-eras fan. Of Steve Hackett!


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5079
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1600 on: Dec 25th, 2012, 05:11am »

on Dec 24th, 2012, 08:08am, NoSonofVine wrote:
Waking up this morning from one of the most frustrating nightmares I've ever dreamt. The feeling of relief as you gradually open your eyes, it's fantastic... to know that you're safe from harm, safe from whatever you problem you just faced.

I dreamt that it was the last day of term back in secondary school. (Yeah, I do still dream about my old school) Anyway, it was the last day of term and we were watching The Simpsons in the last lesson of the day, right before the Christmas break. When suddenly, the teacher stopped the DVD and asked us if we've handed in our end-of-term essays. I remembered I had left it at home; everyone else was allowed to leave. So I phoned Dad, who took me home to get it, but when I came back, the school was closed so I couldn't get in the building, and I was getting soaked in the rain. I found a secret entrance in at the back and headed to the school office to hand my essay in, when suddenly, this teacher came along and told me there was a suspicion of me carrying illegal drugs, and made me fill out some strange form to clear my name. After I finished it, I remembered I still needed to hand in my essay, but it was gone. My phone rang, my Dad telling me to come home because dinner was on the table, and I told him I needed more time. But the teacher expelled me for the essay's lateness, telling me to collect my belongings and never come back. My belongings were in the classroom I was in at the start of the dream, but the door was locked. I ran back to ask her for a key, but she was gone, I was trapped inside the school, and I woke right up in horror.

It was far more realistic than most dreams the average person would have, and that's what made it so painful to go through. Damn you, brain.


You sure he didn't say "Supper's Ready"? smiley
User IP Logged

Ian

Blasting, billowing, bursting forth, With the power of ten billion butterfly sneezes.

User Image
Down And Out
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 29001
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1601 on: Dec 27th, 2012, 09:42am »

Toothpaste.
User IP Logged

It's good to be here, how've you been?
NedFlanders
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 5177
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1602 on: Dec 28th, 2012, 12:18pm »

Had a lovely meal with Mike Morton (wonderful guy and musician from The Gift band) and another lovely guy Sean Urquhart (freeland Prog Rock journalist) in Glasgow last night. It was so nice to be able to talk about this whole genre of music over some super food and a few sherbets.

The Gift will be releasing the new album either in January or Feb of next year. Mike is also a member of a Genesis tribute band 'The Book of Genesis' which I hope to see in London in June when Steve Hackett has confirmed that he will appear on stage with them to play lead on Firth of Fifth.
User IP Logged

Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11070
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1603 on: Dec 28th, 2012, 12:20pm »

That's excellent Dave grin
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7506
xx Re: What puts a smile on your face?
« Reply #1604 on: Dec 28th, 2012, 12:43pm »

The Cats playing with their new toys. smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109  ...  320 Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls