Board Logo
« Your Non -Music Poems »

Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.
Nov 17th, 2017, 11:13am


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Notify Send Topic Print
 veryhotthread  Author  Topic: Your Non -Music Poems  (Read 6397 times)
steve
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #60 on: Aug 10th, 2007, 5:25pm »

he is when hes on own you will have to meet him nice [piss head really] guy oh sh-t never deleted bit in middle bit sorry
User IP Logged

melodyUK
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

always look on the bright side of life ...x


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 485
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #61 on: Aug 10th, 2007, 5:41pm »

on Aug 10th, 2007, 5:25pm, steve wrote:
he is when hes on own you will have to meet him nice [piss head really] guy oh sh-t never deleted bit in middle bit sorry


laugh laugh laughwell at least if i meet him in Glasgow and have too many myself I wont have to worry about him remembering me making an idiot of myself on the dance floor grin laugh laugh
User IP Logged

wendy
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1224
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #62 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 01:06am »

he'll be with his mate.morgan rolleyes





love ya really kiss
User IP Logged

Alibrat
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 1271
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #63 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 07:52am »

There once was a man from Nantucket...

umm better not lmfaooo... undecided wink grin
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2007, 07:52am by Alibrat » User IP Logged

If you haven't got it? don't give it to me cheesy
steve
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 3
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #64 on: Aug 11th, 2007, 7:01pm »

he' is a nice a guy really '; but ' smiley smiley smiley
User IP Logged

Keltic
Guest
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #65 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 04:39am »

Ok, I'll give it a whirl. smiley

From Genesis To Revelation
The Sweet Turns To Sour sad -
In Hiding, we are Looking For Someone
Amidst the Stagnation
~~~~~~
Happy The Man
With his Musical Box...
Who wears a red dress
And head of a fox cool
~~~~~~~
"Supper's Ready",
cried the voice in the crowd;
"You ARE what you eat,
sang Romeo & Juliet (our two little lovebirds cheesy) aloud! kiss
~~~~~~
"More Fool Me"
quipped the Queen Of Maybe huh
As Harlod Demure (still Up his Tree)
Though now slightly more sure, yelled
"Stop all that fighting, you thuggish bunch -
It's One O'Clock and time for lunch!" cheesy

to be continued. rolleyes wink
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2007, 04:41am by Keltic » User IP Logged

melodyUK
Duke/Duchess
ImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

always look on the bright side of life ...x


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 485
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #66 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 06:00am »

The consequence of a lazy Sunday morning laugh

F.V. If I have missed anything out of your repertoire guys I apologise in advance laugh

After an invisible touch from the duchess,
and the odd misunderstanding, that had
sometimes led to a land of confusion,
and the wandering of whether he was in too deep.
She said to him, In my dreams something happened,on the way to heaven.
Jesus he knows me, you know.
I was lost in another day in paradise.
I know you cant hurry love and Im not
an easy lover. I cant dance and Ive had
many too many, but I have a home by the sea.
Not far from a second home by the sea,
near a place called Los Endos,
where you can watch the afterglow of the sunset.
Against all odds he thought follow you follow me,
it doesnt matter as long as we get there.
We can turn it on again and do the carpet crawl.
Heading towards the fading lights, momentarily
she panicked and thought mama,
I wish it would rain down.
He put his arm around her which put her at ease.
She knew there was something in the air tonight.
When they arrived, he looked around and seeing
a photo, asked whos that, to which she replied
hes no son of mine, just a friend. Experiencing
that awkward moment, she asked him to open
a bottle of the vintage abacab and asked him if he
had ever played strip domino. Being a typical guy
he thought , yes! I know what I like and I like
what I know. The night went on and as one thing
led to another, to the sound of sussudio,
two hearts became entwined in a
Groovy kind of love.

laugh Well, it was either that or the washing up laugh laugh
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2007, 7:26pm by melodyUK » User IP Logged

Johnsledge
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Drink up dreamers


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1056
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #67 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 08:57am »

on Aug 12th, 2007, 04:39am, Keltic wrote:
Ok, I'll give it a whirl. smiley

From Genesis To Revelation
The Sweet Turns To Sour sad -
In Hiding, we are Looking For Someone
Amidst the Stagnation
~~~~~~
Happy The Man
With his Musical Box...
Who wears a red dress
And head of a fox cool
~~~~~~~
"Supper's Ready",
cried the voice in the crowd;
"You ARE what you eat,
sang Romeo & Juliet (our two little lovebirds cheesy) aloud! kiss
~~~~~~
"More Fool Me"
quipped the Queen Of Maybe huh
As Harlod Demure (still Up his Tree)
Though now slightly more sure, yelled
"Stop all that fighting, you thuggish bunch -
It's One O'Clock and time for lunch!" cheesy

to be continued. rolleyes wink



Brilliant smiley
User IP Logged

Johnsledge
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Drink up dreamers


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1056
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #68 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 08:57am »

on Aug 12th, 2007, 06:00am, melmaz1 wrote:
The consequence of a lazy Sunday morning laugh

F.V. If I have missed anything out of your repertoire guys I apologise in advance laugh

After an invisible touch from the duchess,
and the odd misunderstanding, that had
sometimes led to a land of confusion,
and the wandering of whether he was in too deep.
She said to him, In my dreams something happened,on the way to heaven.
Jesus he knows me, you know.
I was lost in another day in paradise.
I know you cant hurry love and Im not
an easy lover. I cant dance and Ive had
many too many, but I have a home by the sea.
Not far from a second home by the sea,
near a place called Los Endos,
where you can watch the afterglow of the sunset.
Against all odds he thought follow you follow me,
it doesnt matter as long as we get there.
We can turn it on again and do the carpet crawl.
Heading towards the fading lights, momentarily
she panicked and thought mama,
I wish it would rain down.
He put his arm around her which put her at ease.
She knew there was something in the air tonight.
When they arrived, he looked around and seeing
a photo, asked whos that, to which she replied
hes no son of mine, just a friend. Experiencing
that awkward moment, she asked him to open
a bottle of the vintage abacab and asked him if he
had ever played strip domino. Being a typical guy
he thought , yes! I know what I like and I like
what I know. The night went on and as one thing
led to another, to the sound of sussudio,
two hearts between entwined in a
Groovy kind of love.

laugh Well, it was either that or the washing up laugh laugh


Fantastic too smiley
User IP Logged

lacasarosa
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

It's just wee mee!


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 984
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #69 on: Aug 12th, 2007, 09:58am »

There was once a chap named Johnsledge,

who liked to live on the edge,

His game was to rhyme,

When he had the time,

And our names through the mud he did dredge!!


grin

User IP Logged

all she had to do was step into the light...........
Johnsledge
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

Drink up dreamers


PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1056
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #70 on: Aug 13th, 2007, 03:30am »

This chap that they all call J.V
wasn't so bad ...so you see
Though their names he did dredge
he didn't mean it JohnSledge,
cos he loved all his Genesis family
wink kiss
User IP Logged

lymelight
Harlequin
Image


member is offline

Avatar




PM


Posts: 11
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #71 on: May 14th, 2008, 11:41am »

TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE !!!


DREAMS BY THE SEA


The sea is calm and expectant
On the horizon a flash of light
The sun casts its rays across the sea
Like the shadows of a unfurling hand
The golden light bathes the town
And people awake from their dreams
Dreams by the sea

The aches and pains of the day before
Are forgotten as the life enriching sun empowers them
The fishermen stretch and yawn
And gaze at the calm waters
They smile at each other knowingly
Today will be a good day for their dreams
Dreams from the sea

The sun reflects on the sails of the boats
The harbour is awash with light colour and noise
Pleasure boats and speedboats arrive
Their owners eager to sail
A flotilla twists and turns out of the harbour
Each man woman and child fulfilling their dreams
Dreams of the sea

The sea is calm once again
Fishermen have returned home with their catch
A restfulness spreads over the town
Parents put their children to bed
And wish them pleasant dreams
Dreams of the sea.


LYME REGIS


Lyme Regis, Lyme Regis...
There is a magic about the place.
An aura or atmosphere which pervades the air
and seems to be in the fabric of each building.......
a sense of being, a sense of history, a sense of permanence.
The houses tumble dizzingly down towards the sea,
as though they are in motion.
And when they reach the sea,
there is a challenge to be met,
questions to be asked.....
inviting the sea to do its worst.....
which it can do......and.....yet,
the sea has never quite held mastery
over the town and its people.
And although the mortal remains of those that have loved and lived here
have crumbled and returned to dust,
their spirit and love of Lyme lives on......
their phantoms and shades are sensed and heard
as quiet footsteps echoing through the ancient lanes,
seen as fleeting shadows out of the corner of the eye....
and heard as half caught conversations carried on the breeze.
Lyme says " Love me.....and I will love you back"
And you do. For it is so.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2008, 11:41am by lymelight » User IP Logged

Noni
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar




PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 11050
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #72 on: May 15th, 2008, 01:06am »

Nice poem lymelight and welcome to the forum! wink
User IP Logged

Camel, Twelfth Night, IQ and Pendragon!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/uploads/35287/HiFi.gif
Narnialady
Hacketteer Lady
Watcher of the Skies
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

John Hackett is COOL(Nick Clabburn wordsmith extraordinaire)


PM


Posts: 6780
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #73 on: May 15th, 2008, 07:42am »

on Jul 31st, 2007, 5:34pm, Johnsledge wrote:
The Genesis Forum

Krissy a star for the Genesis board .
Kev your a hero a mellotron lord ,
Choccy a lady no make that a queen ,
Rosie a flower and everyman's dream .

Rach is so happy she shines like a light ,
Steven and Wendy they just seem so right
Face Value good friends ,dare I say dearer
Little John,SuperTed wished you lived nearer .

Jean your a darlin your pictures are great
Narnia lady wow Hacketts your mate
Mozo my drummer and good friend as well
Doc made a fortune when his picture did sell

Demo man such fun he's also quite tall,
Nicki a life lover having a ball,
Tangent can capture the world through a lens ,
Steve Hammond and others have become such good friends .

I know I've forgotten to name everyone ,
But the grey cells are failing my memory is gone ,
But always remember when life gets you down,

YOUR GENESIS FAMILY ARE ALWAYS AROUND...

kiss


Thanks grin
User IP Logged

Hacketteer for ever,"set fire to the stars"
User Image

http://www.hacktrax.co.uk/ John Hackett's site

http://www.hackettsongs.com/
THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Squigelyfox
Lord/Lady of Lords
ImageImageImageImageImage


member is offline

Avatar

You know you make me smile, so many ways at once


PM

Gender: Female
Posts: 7506
xx Re: Your Non -Music Poems
« Reply #74 on: May 15th, 2008, 10:11am »

Welcome Lymelight, nice to see you on here! smiley
User IP Logged

Summer lightning in your eyes
It keeps on dancing

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls